Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Cambridge SoundWorks OontZ Angle 3 Next Generation..." and save 71% off the $99.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Cambridge SoundWorks OontZ Angle 3 Next Generation Ultra Portable Wireless Bluetooth Speaker : Louder Volume 10W+, More Bass, Water Resistant, Perfect Speaker for Golf, Beach, Shower & Home (Black)
|Sale:||$27.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$72.00 (72%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- HIGH QUALITY CRYSTAL CLEAR SOUND distinct mids and highs from our two precision acoustic drivers delivers excellent stereo sound and enhanced bass from our proprietary passive bass radiator design ------ THE OONTZ Angle 3: THE NEXT GENERATION OF ULTRA PORTABLE SPEAKER DELIVERS THE SOUND & FEATURES THAT DISTANCE IT FROM THE COMPETITION ....... The Perfect Gift
- LOUDER VOLUME & MORE BASS distortion-free at maximum volume; room filling sound, perfect for home, dorm room, kitchen, bathroom, car, parties; streaming music or internet radio services such as Pandora and Spotify
- WATER RESISTANT IPX5 splashproof, rainproof, dustproof, sandproof; outdoor shower speaker, perfect for the beach, poolside, car, boat & golf cart -- IPX5 rating speaker can resist gentle water spray & splash but cannot be partially or fully submerged
- ULTRA PORTABLE Under 10 ounces, 5 inches long, 2.8 inches tall; High capacity rechargeable 2200 mAh battery for up to 12 hours of playtime at 2/3 volume on a full charge; designed to be comfortable to carry with no square edges, so much better for travel & hiking, superlight and easy to fit in your backpack, baggage
- CONNECT OVER BLUETOOTH IN SECONDS to: iPhone, iPad, iPod, Mac, Smartphones, Tablets, Windows 10 ---- To play from Chromebooks, Windows 7-8 systems, TVs and non-Bluetooth devices use the included 3.5mm audio cable connected to the AUX-IN jack --- BUILT-IN MIC for handsfree speakerphone from Smartphones and iPhones --- includes Micro-USB charging cable and 3.5mm audio cable -- Official OontZ Angle 3 Carry Case available sold separately on Amazon
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Compare to similar items
This item Cambridge SoundWorks OontZ Angle 3 Next Generation Ultra Portable Wireless Bluetooth Speaker : Louder Volume 10W+, More Bass, Water Resistant, Perfect Speaker for Golf, Beach, Shower & Home (Black)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Cambridge Soundworks||Cambridge Soundworks||Cambridge Soundworks||Cambridge Soundworks||Amazon.com||Cambridge Soundworks|
|Connectivity Technology||Wireless||Wireless||bluetooth||bluetooth||bluetooth, aux||bluetooth, usb, aux|
|Item Dimensions||2.76 x 5.24 x 2.52 in||2.9 x 6.42 x 2.78 in||4.5 x 7.5 x 2.75 in||3.25 x 6.25 x 3 in||1.5 x 6.3 x 2.52 in||4.25 x 11.5 x 4.02 in|
|Item Weight||0.56 lb||0.81 lb||0.5 lb||1.4 ounces||0.5 lb||2.4 lbs|
The OontZ Angle 3 is Custom Designed and Engineered by Cambridge SoundWorks - An industry trusted brand for over 35 years, to deliver the critical features you're looking for in a portable Bluetooth speaker:
• High quality, loud stereo sound
• Rich, deep bass
• IPX5 water resistant
• 2200 mAh battery for up to 12 hours of playtime at 2/3 volume on a full charge
• Built-In Mic for Hands-Free Speakerphone
• Cool, stylish design
What makes it so much better?
EXCELLENT SOUND AND VOLUME
• Two precision acoustic drivers provide very loud, distortion-free stereo sound in exceptionally high quality
• Passive bass radiator delivers punchy bass for a perfect blend of crisp highs, strong mids and deep lows; stand speaker on its side when playing bass heavy music to prevent it from moving around
• Power packed with loud sound to entertain and fill any room, outdoor gathering, picnic and pool party
• IPX5 Water Resistant pushes the boundaries of portability so you can bring your OontZ Angle 3 to the beach, pool and in the shower
• Your go to compact speaker: weighs only 9 ounces and just over 5 inches long to fit in your backpack, purse, suitcase or travel bag
• 2200 mAh battery with 12 hour battery life on a single charge for taking on the go
• Lightweight sturdy design with no sharp edges or corners and fits comfortably in the palm of your hand
• Connect over Bluetooth in just a few seconds to pair with your device up to 33 unobstructed feet away
Top Customer Reviews
Portability: All three are fantastic, no real difference. If you want to nitpick, the Boombotix is the smallest, the Anker is next, and the Cambridge is the largest. But again, none of them are really different. I give an edge to the Boombotix for it's clip, it's more flexible. The clip is super hard to get open though. You aren't clipping it to anything thick.
Construction and Ergonomics: All three seem durable and well built. The Anker is clearly the best of the three. It's classy, attractive, and feels substantial. And it doesn't walk itself around too much with vibration. But the On/Off switch is terrible. It's tiny and hard to use, you have to use your fingernail. The other buttons are functional, but not as easy to use as the other two. The Boombotix is sturdy and easy to use, the buttons are a little close together, but they work well. It's walks around a little on a hard table, but not terribly. You will have to watch it though, or it will eventually fall off a table. The Cambridge Angle 3 is sturdy and I love the shape. It works really well being able to either lay it down or stand it up. The function buttons are easy to use. The On/Off button is not great, it's too small and in an obscure location. So much so that they have to put a little sticker pointing to it. The rubber end caps are a mixed blessing. I think they will help protect it, but they get really dirty really fast. They pick up every tiny little bit of dust. I recommend standing it up if you put a lot of volume through it because once the bass starts to thump it will bounce and wiggle it's way all over the place. It's actually kinda funny looking. But standing up the passive radiator on the bottom doesn't propel it all over.
Sound: I was actually impressed with all three. None of them are on par with the large Sound Dock or Klipsch type speakers, but they could hardly be expected to compete with those at this size and price.The Cambridge is my favorite because it has more bass than the other two. It's a clear winner in bass response. probably about 10-15% more. And that's important to me. The Anker actually has the best overall sound. It's rich and clean. It's probably the "best" speaker of all three. And the Boombotix is clearly the loudest. It really puts out some sound. none of them sound bad at all. I would have been happy with any of the three if I hadn't heard the others. But hearing them side by side the Angle 3 fits what I need best.
Connectivity: None were bad, but the Boombotix lost connection first, the Angle 3 and the Anker had no trouble at all at 30ft even through walls (but none liked going through a stone fireplace LOL). None were an issue connecting. They were all easy as pie to pair. The Anker was slowest when powering on and trying to find my phone, but we're talking about less than 10 seconds total time for the slowest.
Intangibles: The Boombotix has some features that are really appealing. There's an audio out jack, which you can use to run a second speaker (of any make). So that give you options. Send Bluetooth to the speaker and then it will send it to a second speaker. If you don't have a Bluetooth connection on one of your larger speakers you can send signal to the REX and it will connect to your larger speaker. Options are nice.
I chose the Angle 3, it fits my needs best with the best imitation of bass, but the others are good enough that I've decided to keep them and use them too. The Anker is nicest, and the Boombotix is loudest and most versatile. I can't really speak to longevity since I haven't had them very long, but I don't think any of them will die on me. Don't be afraid to buy any of these. Just pick the one that fits best.
I had a charging issue with the speaker after I had been using it for 8 months; I charged it all night, and the next day, it would run for a little while and go dead. I contacted Cambridge, and a helpful rep named Jennifer cheerfully offered to ship me the new OontZ Angle 3 as a free replacement for my older generation model that was acting up. It arrived two days later, and I've been loving it ever since. Even apart from their willingness to replace my product, the customer service is outstanding.
Pros: It is louder. I had mentioned that the previous generation was difficult to hear at highway speeds; not the Angle 3. (FedEx Express drivers, note: this speaker will overcome the engine noise for the old Sprinters, the newer Benzes, and of course, the Nissans and the ancient Ford panel vans. The larger W700 and W900 vehicles are still just too loud for this sort of speaker, IMO).
I love the play/pause button on the end of the speaker, which allows me to pause an audiobook without messing with my phone. The manual says that this button doesn't work with all apps, but it does work with the Audible app I use.
The styling of the Angle 3 is superior to the earlier generation. The stick-on rubber knobs on the bottom of the earlier generation have been replaced by two inch-and-a-half-long rubber strips set into recesses on the bottom of the speaker. I have both in front of me; a gentle push will move the old generation speaker across the table with some resistance, but the Angle 3 is much more resistant to moving. One of the rubber knobs had come off the old model, and I had to stick it back on; I don't see how that sort of thing would even be possible with the Angle 3. As well, there is a rubber-like covering on both ends, and this makes the speaker less angular and "sharp".
As with the old speaker, the battery life is truly outstanding. I have been surprised at how long a single charge will last.
I'm no expert, but I find the clarity of the sound excellent. It certainly serves my purposes for listening to audiobooks.
My single "con" for the speaker is that it shuts down (to conserve battery) after fifteen minutes of non-use, if it is not plugged in. Not that it's difficult to turn back on! But I'd prefer an option that lets it remain on indefinitely. But that is a minor detail, and doesn't keep me from rating this a 5-star product.