|Item Weight||1.3 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||1 x 1 x 1 inches|
|Item model number||40043|
|Manufacturer Part Number||40043|
|OEM Part Number||40043|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $6.99 shipping
+ Free Shipping
Camco 40043 TastePURE Water Filter with Flexible Hose Protector
|Price:||$17.58 & FREE Shipping on orders over $25. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Larger capacity in-line RV water filter lasts an entire season
- Greatly reduces bad taste, odors, chlorine and sediment in drinking water
- 100 micron sediment filter
- High-flow carbon filter with KDF to help prevent bacteria growth
- CSA low lead content certified and complies with California's AB1953 and Vermont Act 193 Low Lead Laws
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Camco TastePURE RV Water Filter with Flexible Hose Protector reduces bad taste, odor, chlorine and sediment in drinking water with a 100 micron sediments filter. Durable in-line, exterior mount filter has a wider body to increase flow. Includes flexible hose protector to minimize kinking that could impede water flow. Not designed for fish tanks or ponds. No testing has been done for this purpose.
From the manufacturer
Safe, Clean, Fresher Tasting Water
Camco TastePURE Water Filter with Flexible Hose Protector reduces bad taste, odor, chlorine and sediment in drinking water. Connect the TastePURE Water Filter to your drinking water safe hose for safer, cleaner water.
How it Works
The TastePURE Water Filter has GAC (Granular Activated Carbon) filtration to provide you with safe drinking water from any potable source and KDF to help prevent bacteria growth when the filter is not in use. Durable in-line, exterior mount filter has a wide body for high flow. Product includes flexible hose protector to minimize kinking that could impede water flow. When first attaching the filter to your water source, allow the water to run free for a few minutes to flush the initial loose carbon out of the filter. When the water runs clear, the filter is ready for use.
- Durable carbon filter
- 100 micron fiber barrier
- Wide body for high flow
- Quick, easy installation
- No assembly required
- Flexible hose protector to minimize kinking
- Easy Grippe for effortless installation
- In-line design streamlines water flow
- KDF prevents the growth of fungus, bacteria and mold in the filter when it is not in use
What's in the Box
- 1 KDF Carbon Filter
- No-Kink Flexible Hose Protector
Compatibility and Use
The TastePURE Water Filter attaches to any standard water or garden hose connection. Use this product at campsites to keep sediment out of your RV water tank and to improve the taste and smell of your drinking water for a whole season. Use it in the garden for reduced-chlorine watering and when washing your car to reduce mineral deposit spots. Cleaner water is also great for filling up your pool or hot tub, for home brewing, and for boating and marine use.
About Camco Manufacturing
Camco started in 1966 with one employee and one product. Today, over 40 years later, we have more than 350 employees, over 3,000 products and multiple manufacturing facilities in the USA and across the globe.
Competitive pricing, superior service, quality products and customer satisfaction are the foundations upon which Camco operates. Our friendly, knowledgeable customer service staff stands ready to assist our customers with any questions. At Camco, we take pride in meeting the ever changing demands of a challenging marketplace while serving you, our most valuable asset.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Top Customer Reviews
- These work better than I had expected. Just hook them up to the water source, hook your hose to it, run it to your trailer and viola` clean and good tasting water. Some of the places we have visited have had water that I wouldn't feed to my worst enemy. With this thing attached, it's very good tasting.
- I like the hose attachment that comes with this to aide in adding flexibility to the system and not put too much strain on the system. I have bought so many of these, I now use one attaching the filter to the nozzle, one out of the filter to my hose, and one attaching my hose to the trailer.
- I will note that the manufacturer suggesting using these for only 1 camping season, and this makes sense. That's what I do, and it seems to work out great. It's not too much $ to replace every season.
- Another note, when first putting this filter into service (just the first time of the season, subsequent hook-ups wont do this) there will be a bunch of carbon (black in the water) that comes out of the faucet in your trailer. This is perfectly fine, safe, and of no issue. This is the filter breaking in and getting the extra carbon out of the system. There is no health concern with this happening. I just run the faucet until it clears up, and then we're good to go for the rest of the season.
- Last note, when we unhook from our camping spot, I swing the filter in my hand with my arm extended (using centrifugal force, not centrifical, look it up) to get the residual water out of the filter so it doesn't sit in there and spoil. I do this until I get most of the water drops to stop, leave it out on the counter to dry, and boom, it's perfect the next time.
- None to report
Overall this filter does a great job taking care of some seriously nasty campground water that we've encountered all over the Southwest US. I cannot recommend it any higher.
I hope I have helped your purchasing decision of this product. I am not affiliated with the manufacturer, seller or any other product related company nor am I under any obligation to write this review. I do this for my own fun and to help others in the Amazon Community! Feel free to comment and let me know if I have helped you, and please note below if this review was able to help. If you should have any questions, please post them below in the Comments. I try to answer all inquires in a timely fashion to the best of my ability.
I used this for one camping season in my RV and can report no issues. I suggest keeping a few extra Hose O rings packed just in case you loose one. I lost one on the first trip of the season and ended up needing to use a spare to be able to fully hook up at the site.
Do follow the instructions and allow water to run through it for a couple minutes to get all the carbon dust out. The water will initially run very black until it's cleared the dust out.
For storage I use a 15 quart hefty latching lid tote. It allows me to store this and my 25' clean water hose separate and protected from anything during storage and transit. I keep my Y adapter and PSI regultor in this same tote.
When I get home I open the tote, prop up the filter in the tote to help with draining and then just pour the water into the yard when it's done draining.
My camp setup is;
RV > right angle adapter > water hose > filter > PSI regulator adapter > hose Y adapter > and then site spigot.
My photo isn't the best shot of the setup I could have gotten but I also chose it because of the family of deer in the background.
I have not used the spring adapter but have it packed in my "Travel RV tool kit" in case I need it.
My only concern would be durability if dropped. I think the chance of it cracking would be more during removal then attaching as it would be heavier with water still inside it.
I do plan on buying this product again when I need another.
One trick we discovered: We found that we still have a sulpher smell after several hours of not using water. After running water for a few minutes the smell went away. We suspect that the sulpher percolates to the "top" of the water chain - meaning, our RV is the highest point on the property so since sulpher in this form is a gas, it tends to go to the top. The Answer is to either run the water for a few minutes each time, or use water bottles and fill them up after someone takes a shower each day. This works really well for us.
There are other brands out there, but we've determined that the more expensive ones don't work better than these do. There are bigger versions from other brands, but far more expensive. These provide enough flow to allow us to take showers just like they weren't there. Additionally, since we live in our RV full time, we go through these fairly quickly.
- Work like they are supposed to.
- Last reasonably long depending on current water quality. 1 - 3 months if using every day.
- Will remove strange smells if used as noted above.
- Versatile and easy to install.
- Have bought many from different sources and they all worked - not one bad unit.
- Flow is not restricted enough to notice.
- One is often not enough for bad water. (Common with other brands too).