Beauty Books with Buzz Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on July 28, 2011
I ordered this grill as a replacement for the outside grill that comes standard with many campers. It arrived quickly, but as soon as I opened the box I knew there would be problems. It actually looked like an "open box" item. The very first thing I noticed was a major crack and hole in the cast aluminum base as if something large and heavy had been dropped on it. There were also several major parts missing. Amazon sent a replacement and it was delivered the next day. I don't know if it was a fluke, but the second one also had parts missing. Luckily, the base was intact and the missing parts were not the same as the first box. I was able to assemble a complete grill combining the two shipments and get the remains shipped back to Amazon without any trouble. Aside from these initial issues, I believe I will be quite pleased with the grill. Assembly was very easy and it mounted perfectly on the bracket that exists on my starcraft camper. The fact that it comes with both a regulator for a bottle and a quick disconnect for the installed gas bottles is a plus. I used the quick disconnect and fired it up using the camper's installed gas system. The grill heated quickly and evenly. All in all, I am pleased with this grill and would recommend it to others with the caveat that it took two boxes to put one grill together.
5 people found this helpful
on May 21, 2010
First encountered these portable RV grills when Forest River included one with a Roo camper - a stamped steel unit. It was convenient, got the job done, but was a lousy grill, in absolute terms.

When i recently constructed a custom teardrop camper, i found this unit - didn't want to spend the 270$ that camco wanted for a Stainless steel unit - so i purchased this one, which is very robustly built from cast alumimium. The unit comes with the RV bracket, a set of tabletop-use legs, and an adaptor hose that allows connection to the RV's propane system. You will need the rail for the RV side, though, which is an extra item.

you can power this with either small bottle gas or off an RV's propane system, and the unit has a heavy cast iron smoker plate that sens flavored smoke back to your meats and provides even heat distribution, which can be a problem on these little grills. The steaks i did on mine the other night tasted better than the ones i get off my spendy big unit at home.

The grins this thing generates from fellow teardrop campers - who tend to have a somewhat traditional, spartan approach to camping, is great, too. ;-)

Can't go wrong with one of these. Cooks great, well built, and the right price!
19 people found this helpful
on October 16, 2012
Bought it mainly for the camper hookup which works flawlessly... No more lugging 16oz canisters. All in all, perfect little grill and heats up very quickly. Got the mount for the camper as well but you have to back it with plywood etc etc and i'm just not up for that project right now, so on a table it sits when I camp...

thanx
david
One person found this helpful
on February 24, 2011
We bought this grill for our RV, the grill/grilling area is smaller than I thought it would be. It will fit 4-6 hamburger patties. I wouldn't recommend this for a large family. We ended up deciding against installing the Camco 57268 RV Mounting Rail for RV Grill to hang it on the side of the RV and just use it on a table. It is easy to set up, and ready to use in minutes. The Camco 57632 RV Olympian Grill Storage Bag is a nice addition.
One person found this helpful
on December 13, 2013
Was considering a more expensive grill and decided on this model. We hauled it all through the western states this summer. Have propane hookup on my Lance camper so I purchased a quick coupling hose set up it work great. My grill came with a regulator set up for a quick disconnect. Recommend that the regulator be removed when through cooking. Screw in fitting isn't that strong. It will work with disposable bottles.
on July 4, 2010
Received in perfect condition, with all parts for a simple assembly. Grill worked beautifully, Has a large cooking area. I like the cast aluminum construction and compact size when legs folded for storage or travel. I recommend this product highly especially for RV use.
7 people found this helpful
on March 29, 2016
The valve and hookups are just not too convenient. Cooks pretty well but when the winds blowing it really cools down.
on September 2, 2009
What a versatile grille. Can be powered by small LP bottle, large LP bottle and by the LP quick connect on the RV trailer. The unit can be used as table top grille or exterior mount on many RV trailers. This unit has a cast-iron gille plate to control flash flames but creates flavored smoke from the grilling juices which adds flavor back to the meats. The grilling surface is large enough to cook for a complete family yet small and light enough to be easily portable. All for a cost less than the bulky unit in you backyard.
10 people found this helpful
on April 9, 2011
I purchased this grill for my new camper line I am manufacturing. After reading other reviews on this grill I can see the problem of the coming off the mounting rail. So I permanently attached the back bracket to the trailer and just remove the two hanger rods when not in use. No problems now what so ever. I love it!!
3 people found this helpful
on November 30, 2012
My wife and I recently purchased a camper that has a rail on the side for a grill. This one works/fits great. It was about 40 dollars less than some camping stores. The only downside is that it requires total assembly.