|Item Weight||1.3 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||2.5 x 2.5 x 10.5 inches|
|Item model number||40043|
|Manufacturer Part Number||40043|
|OEM Part Number||40043|
|Cover Included||Water filter, hose protector|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Camco TastePURE Water Filter with Flexible Hose Protector Greatly Reduces Bad Taste, Odors, Chlorine and Sediment in Drinking Water (40043)
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Inline Design and Higher Flow Rate- Water filter stays aligned with water hose during use and has a wide body for higher capacity and flow rate
- One Filter Per Camping Season – Can last an entire camping season and has Granular Activated Carbon to provide safe drinking water from any potable water source. Made in the USA and is CSA certified
- Built-In Filter Removes Bacteria, Carbon, and More- Reduces chlorine, odor, contaminants, sediment, and particulates for better taste and healthier drinking water. 20 micron sediment filter greatly reduces bad taste, odors, chlorine and sediment in drinking water, perfect for use at campsites. Extra Filtration with the Use of GAC and KDF Technology- Uses a KDF Fluid Treatment for filtration. Kinetic Degradation Fluxion (KDF) is a high-purity copper-zinc formulation that uses a basic chemical process known as redox (oxidation/reduction) to remove chemicals that give unpleasant odors or tastes to water such as hydrogen sulfide and chlorine. KDF also prevents the growth of fungus, bacteria and mold when the filter is not in use
- Comes with Flexible Hose Protector- Flexible Hose Protector by Camco eliminates water hose crimping and straining. Allows water hose to bend at sharp angles and prevents straining your water hose
- Multiple Uses- Can be attached to any standard gardening or water hose to provide healthier drinking water and cleaner water overall. Great for RVs, boats, campers, pets, gardening, washing cars and much more
Frequently bought together
Customers also shopped for
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Camco TastePURE KDF RV Water Filter is a larger capacity RV water filter that lasts an entire season. Greatly reduces bad taste, odors, chlorine and sediment in drinking water with a 20 micron sediment filter. Durable in-line, exterior mount filter has a wider body to increase flow. It includes a flexible hose protector. Not designed for fish tanks or ponds. No testing has been done for this purpose. Made in the USA.
From the manufacturer
TASTEPure Water Filter with Flexible Hose Protector Greatly Reduces Bad Taste, Odors, Chlorine and Sediment in Drinking Water by Camco (40043)
Camco's TastePURE Water Filter with Flexible Hose Protector reduces bad taste, odor, chlorine and sediment in drinking water. Connect the TastePURE Water Filter to your drinking water safe hose for safer, cleaner water.
Removes aluminum, bad taste, cadmium, heavy metals, hydrogen sulfide, iron, lead, mercury, odor, and turbidity
The TastePURE Water Filter attaches to any standard water or garden hose connection.
Compatibility and Uses
Use this product at campsites to keep sediment out of your RV water tank and to improve the taste and smell of your drinking water for a whole season. Use it in the garden for reduced-chlorine watering and when washing your car to reduce mineral deposit spots. Excellent for filling up your pool or hot tub, home brewing, boating and marine use.
- Durable Activated Carbon Filter
- 100 Micron Fiber Barrier
- Wide Body Design For a Higher Flow Rate
- Quick and Easy Installation
- No Assembly Required
- In-line Design Streamlines Water Flow
- KDF Helps Prevent The Growth of Fungus, Bacteria and Mold in the Filter When Not In Use
- Removes Aluminum, Cadmium, Heavy Metals, Hydrogen Sulfide, Iron, Lead, Mercury, Odor, and Turbidity
Safe Water Matters
Multiple Uses In Various Locations
Can be used inline between your RV or trailer and water hose, at campsites, and even when cleaning your vehicle or gardening!
Flexible Hose Protector Helps Ensure a Smooth Water Flow
Simply attach flexible hose protector to use along with your water filter. Flexible hose protector helps prevents water hose from kinking that could impede water flow.
Long Lasting Filter Will Last All Camping Season
Camco's TASTEPure water filter lasts through the entirety of your camping season.
Safer, Cleaner, Fresher Tasting Water
Use The Flexible Hose Protector To Reduce Strain on Your Water Hose
The Flexible Hose Protector with Gripper by Camco, eliminates hose crimping at the faucet. This hose protector comes with an easy gripper for effortless attachment to the faucet.
Can Be Attached To Any Standard Water Hose for Safe and Clean Water For Drinking and More
Can be attached to any standard gardening or water hose to provide healthier drinking water and cleaner water overall. Ideal for outdoor and recreational use. Perfect for gardening, planting, and farming.
GAC and KDF Filter Remove Carbon and Prevent Bacteria, Fungus and Mold Growth
Our filter uses a KDF Fluid Treatment to remove chemicals that give unpleasant odors and tastes to water. KDF also prevents the growth of fungus, bacteria and mold when the filter is not in use. When first attaching the filter to your water source, allow the water to run free for a few minutes to flush the initial loose carbon out of the filter. When the water runs clear, the filter is ready for use!
Wide Body Inline Design Increases Flow Rate
Camco's TastePure water filter attaches to your water hose, for easy, quick access to cleaner, great-tasting drinking water. Our water filter stays aligned with your water hose during use and has a wide body for higher capacity and flow rate!
|TASTEPure Water Filter with Hose Protector||Extra Large TASTEPure Water Filter with Hose Protector||TASTEPure Water Filter - Two Pack||TASTEPure Water Filter - Four Pack|
|Inline Design Filter With Wide Body For a Higher Flow Rate||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Simple Connection- Can Be Easily Attached To Any Standard Size Garden Hose,||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Large Capacity - One Filter Can Be Used For The Entire Camping Season||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Comes With Flexible Hose Protector||✓||✓||-||-|
|Filters Carbon, KDF,Iron and Metals, Bacteria, Bad Odors and Taste||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Comes In a Welded UV Resistant Case||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Made In The USA||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Can Be Used For Camping, RVing, Gardening, Farming, Brewing, Auto Washing, Household Chores, Pools||✓||✓||✓||✓|
About Camco Manufacturing
Camco started in 1966 with one employee and one product. Today, over 40 years later, we have more than 350 employees, over 3,000 products and multiple manufacturing facilities in the USA and across the globe.
Competitive pricing, superior service, quality products and customer satisfaction are the foundations upon which Camco operates. Our friendly, knowledgeable customer service staff stands ready to assist our customers with any questions. At Camco, we take pride in meeting the ever changing demands of a challenging marketplace while serving you, our most valuable asset
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Showing 1-3 of 3,488 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- These work better than I had expected. Just hook them up to the water source, hook your hose to it, run it to your trailer and viola` clean and good tasting water. Some of the places we have visited have had water that I wouldn't feed to my worst enemy. With this thing attached, it's very good tasting.
- I like the hose attachment that comes with this to aide in adding flexibility to the system and not put too much strain on the system. I have bought so many of these, I now use one attaching the filter to the nozzle, one out of the filter to my hose, and one attaching my hose to the trailer.
- I will note that the manufacturer suggesting using these for only 1 camping season, and this makes sense. That's what I do, and it seems to work out great. It's not too much $ to replace every season.
- Another note, when first putting this filter into service (just the first time of the season, subsequent hook-ups wont do this) there will be a bunch of carbon (black in the water) that comes out of the faucet in your trailer. This is perfectly fine, safe, and of no issue. This is the filter breaking in and getting the extra carbon out of the system. There is no health concern with this happening. I just run the faucet until it clears up, and then we're good to go for the rest of the season.
- Last note, when we unhook from our camping spot, I swing the filter in my hand with my arm extended (using centrifugal force, not centrifical, look it up) to get the residual water out of the filter so it doesn't sit in there and spoil. I do this until I get most of the water drops to stop, leave it out on the counter to dry, and boom, it's perfect the next time.
- None to report
Overall this filter does a great job taking care of some seriously nasty campground water that we've encountered all over the Southwest US. I cannot recommend it any higher.
I hope I have helped your purchasing decision of this product. I am not affiliated with the manufacturer, seller or any other product related company nor am I under any obligation to write this review. I do this for my own fun and to help others in the Amazon Community! Feel free to comment and let me know if I have helped you, and please note below if this review was able to help. If you should have any questions, please post them below in the Comments. I try to answer all inquires in a timely fashion to the best of my ability.
I used this for one camping season in my RV and can report no issues. I suggest keeping a few extra Hose O rings packed just in case you loose one. I lost one on the first trip of the season and ended up needing to use a spare to be able to fully hook up at the site.
Do follow the instructions and allow water to run through it for a couple minutes to get all the carbon dust out. The water will initially run very black until it's cleared the dust out.
For storage I use a 15 quart hefty latching lid tote. It allows me to store this and my 25' clean water hose separate and protected from anything during storage and transit. I keep my Y adapter and PSI regultor in this same tote.
When I get home I open the tote, prop up the filter in the tote to help with draining and then just pour the water into the yard when it's done draining.
My camp setup is;
RV > right angle adapter > water hose > filter > PSI regulator adapter > hose Y adapter > and then site spigot.
My photo isn't the best shot of the setup I could have gotten but I also chose it because of the family of deer in the background.
I have not used the spring adapter but have it packed in my "Travel RV tool kit" in case I need it.
My only concern would be durability if dropped. I think the chance of it cracking would be more during removal then attaching as it would be heavier with water still inside it.
I do plan on buying this product again when I need another.