|Item Weight||1.53 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||2.5 x 2.5 x 10.5 inches|
|Item model number||40043|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Manufacturer Part Number||40043|
|OEM Part Number||40043|
|Cover Included||Water filter, hose protector|
Camco 40043 TastePure RV/Marine Water Filter with Flexible Hose Protector | Protects Against Bacteria | Reduces Bad Taste, Odors, Chlorine and Sediment in Drinking Water
|Price:||FREE Shipping on your first order. Details & FREE Returns|
|You Save:||$18.59 (51%)|
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Safe water matters: GAC (Granular Activated Carbon) filtration greatly reduces bad taste, odor, chlorine, and sediment
- Large capacity filtration: Large capacity in line water filter lasts an average of 3 months
- Multiple uses: Can be attached to any standard gardening or water hose to provide healthier drinking water and cleaner water overall. Great for RVs, boats, campers, pets, gardening, and much more
- 20 micron sediment filter: Removes particles greater than 20 microns
- Protects against bacteria: Premium KDF provides protection against bacteria growth while filter is stored or not in use
- Includes: Flexible hose protector to reduce strain on connections while minimizing kinking
- Low lead certified: Compliant with all federal and state level low lead laws. CSA low lead content certified to NSF/ANSI 362
- Made in the USA: Product is made in the USA
Frequently bought together
More items to explore
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Compare with similar items
GLACIER FRESH RV Inline Water Filter with Flexible Hose Protector, Compatible with 40043, 40013, 40041 KDF Filter, Reduces Bad Taste, Odors, Chlorine, Lead, Fluoride and More Sediment, 1 Pack
PureSpring RV Marine Hose Inline-Water-Filter-with-Flexible-Hose-Protector for RV's, Boats, Motor Homes, Pets, Automobile/Car Washing
AQUACREST RV Inline Water Filter, NSF Certified, Reduces Lead, Fluoride, Chlorine, Bad Taste, Ideal for Gardening(Pack of 4)
Waterdrop RV & Marine Inline Water Filter, NSF Certified, Boats, RVs, Campers, Gardening, Planting, Trailer or Motor Home KDF Filter (Pack of 2)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping on your first order. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping on your first order. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||GLACIERFRESH||PowerSource™||Water Purity Expert||WaterdropDirect|
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Camco’s TastePURE RV/Marine Water Filter with Flexible Hose Protector reduces bad taste, odor, chlorine and sediment in drinking water with a 20 micron sediment filter. Also features GAC (Granular Activated Carbon) filtration in combination with KDF to prevent undesirable bacteria growth when the filter is not is use. Durable in line, exterior mount filter has a wide body for increased flow. Includes a flexible hose protector to reduce strain on connections while minimizing kinking that could impede water flow. Not designed or tested with fish tanks or ponds. NSF 42/53 listed. CSA LLC (Low Lead Content) certified. Made in the USA.
From the manufacturer
TastePURE Water Filter with Flexible Hose Protector Greatly Reduces Bad Taste, Odors, Chlorine and Sediment in Drinking Water by Camco (40043)
Camco's TastePURE Water Filter reduces bad taste, odor, chlorine and sediment in drinking water. Connect the TastePURE Water Filter to your drinking water safe hose for safer, cleaner water. Removes aluminum, bad taste, cadmium, heavy metals, hydrogen sulfide, iron, lead, mercury, odor, and turbidity
The TastePURE Water Filter attaches to any standard water or garden hose connection.
Compatibility and Uses
Use this product at campsites to keep sediment out of your RV water tank and to improve the taste and smell of your drinking water for a whole season. Use it in the garden for reduced-chlorine watering and when washing your car to reduce mineral deposit spots. Excellent for filling up your pool or hot tub, home brewing, boating and marine use.
- Durable Activated Carbon Filter
- 20 Micron Fiber Barrier
- Wide Body Design For a Higher Flow Rate
- Quick and Easy Installation
- No Assembly Required
- In-line Design Streamlines Water Flow
- KDF Helps Prevent The Growth of Fungus, Bacteria and Mold in the Filter When Not In Use
- Removes Aluminum, Cadmium, Heavy Metals, Hydrogen Sulfide, Iron, Lead, Mercury, Odor, and Turbidity
Safe Water Matters
Multiple Uses In Various Locations
Can be used inline between your RV or trailer and water hose, at campsites, and even when cleaning your vehicle or gardening!
Flexible Hose Protector Helps Ensure a Smooth Water Flow
Simply attach flexible hose protector to use along with your water filter. Flexible hose protector helps prevents water hose from kinking that could impede water flow.
Long Lasting Filter Will Last All Camping Season
Camco's TastePURE water filter lasts through the entirety of your camping season.
Safer, Cleaner, Fresher Tasting Water
Use The Flexible Hose Protector To Reduce Strain on Your Water Hose
The Flexible Hose Protector with Gripper by Camco, eliminates hose crimping at the faucet. This hose protector comes with an easy gripper for effortless attachment to the faucet.
Can Be Attached To Any Standard Water Hose for Safe and Clean Water For Drinking and More
Can be attached to any standard gardening or water hose to provide healthier drinking water and cleaner water overall. Ideal for outdoor and recreational use. Perfect for gardening, planting, and farming.
GAC and KDF Filter Remove Carbon and Prevent Bacteria, Fungus and Mold Growth
Our filter uses a KDF Fluid Treatment to remove chemicals that give unpleasant odors and tastes to water. KDF also prevents the growth of fungus, bacteria and mold when the filter is not in use. When first attaching the filter to your water source, allow the water to run free for a few minutes to flush the initial loose carbon out of the filter. When the water runs clear, the filter is ready for use!
Wide Body Inline Design Increases Flow Rate
Camco's TastePURE water filter attaches to your water hose, for easy, quick access to cleaner, great-tasting drinking water. Our water filter stays aligned with your water hose during use and has a wide body for higher capacity and flow rate!
|TastePURE Water Filter with Hose Protector||Extra Large TastePURE Water Filter with Hose Protector||TastePURE Water Filter - Two Pack||TastePURE Water Filter - Four Pack|
|Inline Design Filter With Wide Body For a Higher Flow Rate||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Simple Connection- Can Be Easily Attached To Any Standard Size Garden Hose,||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Large Capacity - One Filter Can Be Used For The Entire Camping Season||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Comes With Flexible Hose Protector||✓||✓||-||-|
|Filters Carbon, KDF,Iron and Metals, Bacteria, Bad Odors and Taste||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Comes In a Welded UV Resistant Case||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Made In The USA||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Can Be Used For Camping, RVing, Gardening, Farming, Brewing, Auto Washing, Household Chores, Pools||✓||✓||✓||✓|
About Camco Manufacturing
Camco proudly manufactures many of our 4,000+ products in 5 facilities across the United States, including items from flagship brands like RhinoFLEX, TastePURE, TST, Currituck, and FasTen.
Customers who bought this item also bought
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- These work better than I had expected. Just hook them up to the water source, hook your hose to it, run it to your trailer and viola` clean and good tasting water. Some of the places we have visited have had water that I wouldn't feed to my worst enemy. With this thing attached, it's very good tasting.
- I like the hose attachment that comes with this to aide in adding flexibility to the system and not put too much strain on the system. I have bought so many of these, I now use one attaching the filter to the nozzle, one out of the filter to my hose, and one attaching my hose to the trailer.
- I will note that the manufacturer suggesting using these for only 1 camping season, and this makes sense. That's what I do, and it seems to work out great. It's not too much $ to replace every season.
- Another note, when first putting this filter into service (just the first time of the season, subsequent hook-ups wont do this) there will be a bunch of carbon (black in the water) that comes out of the faucet in your trailer. This is perfectly fine, safe, and of no issue. This is the filter breaking in and getting the extra carbon out of the system. There is no health concern with this happening. I just run the faucet until it clears up, and then we're good to go for the rest of the season.
- Last note, when we unhook from our camping spot, I swing the filter in my hand with my arm extended (using centrifugal force, not centrifical, look it up) to get the residual water out of the filter so it doesn't sit in there and spoil. I do this until I get most of the water drops to stop, leave it out on the counter to dry, and boom, it's perfect the next time.
- None to report
Overall this filter does a great job taking care of some seriously nasty campground water that we've encountered all over the Southwest US. I cannot recommend it any higher.
I hope I have helped your purchasing decision of this product. I am not affiliated with the manufacturer, seller or any other product related company nor am I under any obligation to write this review. I do this for my own fun and to help others in the Amazon Community! Feel free to comment and let me know if I have helped you, and please note below if this review was able to help. If you should have any questions, please post them below in the Comments. I try to answer all inquires in a timely fashion to the best of my ability.
After receiving the filter, I attached to my water spigot and purged for 2 minutes. I took glass 1, rinsed and filled the glass with filtered water. I removed the filter again and filled glass 2 with tap water. Examined 3 areas:
1) VISUAL: Both tap water and filtered water appeared clear or colors or sediment. PASS
2) TASTE: The filtered water had slightly less taste, but hardly noticeable: BARELY PASS
3) TDS metering: I bought a "Total Dissolved Solids" meter than measures purity. (ex. tap water: 100-400ppm - Distilled water: 0ppm). My tap water measured at 402 ppm, but the filtered water came in at 442ppm!! What?? The filtered water came in LESS pure?
Most likely the higher TDS rating likely came from harmless excess sediment from
the carbon filter. It appears these carbon filters are designed to only filter out non TDS solids (ex converting gross well/hose water into more pleasant drinking water).
OVERALL: These may still be good for converting clean hose water into something more palatable for RVs, but certainly not for creating a spot-free rinse. I don’t think any carbon filter can obtain a low TDS (spot-free) rinse. If that’s what you’re looking for, your remaining options are likely either triple osmosis or distilled.
I used this for one camping season in my RV and can report no issues. I suggest keeping a few extra Hose O rings packed just in case you loose one. I lost one on the first trip of the season and ended up needing to use a spare to be able to fully hook up at the site.
Do follow the instructions and allow water to run through it for a couple minutes to get all the carbon dust out. The water will initially run very black until it's cleared the dust out.
For storage I use a 15 quart hefty latching lid tote. It allows me to store this and my 25' clean water hose separate and protected from anything during storage and transit. I keep my Y adapter and PSI regultor in this same tote.
When I get home I open the tote, prop up the filter in the tote to help with draining and then just pour the water into the yard when it's done draining.
My camp setup is;
RV > right angle adapter > water hose > filter > PSI regulator adapter > hose Y adapter > and then site spigot.
My photo isn't the best shot of the setup I could have gotten but I also chose it because of the family of deer in the background.
I have not used the spring adapter but have it packed in my "Travel RV tool kit" in case I need it.
My only concern would be durability if dropped. I think the chance of it cracking would be more during removal then attaching as it would be heavier with water still inside it.
I do plan on buying this product again when I need another.
Top international reviews
I am returning the item.
Make sure you run water for a minute or two as this is carbon/charcoal filled so a bunch of charcoal dust will come out first. After that all is good. I've tasted the water and it gets rid of the chlorine taste and smell. Perfect to water my plants and lawns. I even fill up my water jugs with city water before heading to the cottage or camping now with this hose line.
However, someone here reviewed that it softens the water and gets rid of the hard water spots. Unfortunately this doesn't do that. Still leaves water spots on the car if I don't wipe down properly. I can tell you that it softens it a tad bit but not entirely. I didn't knock any stars off because of this since it doesn't explicitly say will soften your water.
There is only pressure from my regular 12 volt RV water pump. Not hooked up to city water or anything else.
The damages this created in my RV (Floor and walls) is unbelievable.
Do yourself a favour and get a better quality unit.
Peace of mind when touring with our travel Camper.
Bought two. One leading into Camper (fresh water tank or city hookup), and one to fill travel jug(s) directly.