Have been using my CamelBak MULE for mountain and road biking this summer. I am very satisfied overall and particularly pleased with some of the excellent details engineered into this pack. Here are a few detail highlights:
The water bag:
- High quality, flexible and strong. No residual plastic taste to water.
- Has an internal baffle running down the inside center that helps keep the liquid from sloshing around and keeps the shape of the bladder, compressed and against your body, as it is drained off.
- The draw tube is detachable from the bladder with a no-leak quick release valve so you can separate it, even when the bag is full.
- The draw tube has an adjustable flow control integrated into the mouth-piece. You can also rotate the mouth-piece to the perfect angle.
- Main 'hatch' has positive-lock with alignment guides, very easy to close without over tightening. The opening is big enough to get an adult hand into for cleaning and drying the bag.
- Lot's of internal space for your gear with three main sections ( a small top compartment, large full-length compartment & half-height outer compartment) and an open expansion area. The outer pocket has internal pockets with mesh & elastic loops to keep your stuff in place. Integrated key clip strap assures your keys won't get lost while on the trail.
- The water bag compartment is insulated and has an internal hanger for the water bag that keeps the bag in place and upright during use. The zipper on this compartment has a blue tether so you know which one it is at a glance (a minor but thoughtful detail)
- Integrated magnetic tube clip 'snaps' the tube to the shoulder strap after use.
- All Adjustable straps have elastic 'strap gathers' that contain that extra length and keeps it tight and out of the way.
- Back padding supports the pack but very flexible and provides good ventilation.
- Shoulder straps are well padded and shaped perfectly for security and comfort without binding.
- The chest strap adjusts up/down for perfect preference and fit.
- Integrated helmet attachment clips actually work! Great for ditching the bike and going on foot.
- The outer pocket has an integrated loop at the bottom for a clip-on LED light. Perfect for road biking.
In all love this piece of kit and expect it to survive for many years of use.
|Item Package Dimensions L x W x H||18 x 9 x 2.8 inches|
|Package Weight||0.79 Kilograms|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||17.72 x 9.45 x 2.36 inches|
|Item Weight||1.11 Pounds|
|Country of Origin||Indonesia|