Truck Reviews HPC Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on August 19, 2016
The pictures are a little deceiving as it appears to be a "larger than normal" bite. However, this is the standard bite that came with my original Camelbak. This is EXACTLY what I was looking for, but thought I had to settle for something else. If you own an older bag, this is the one that you want. It fit onto my (nearly) 15 year old bag without any problems and I am completely satisfied with the purchase!
7 people found this helpful
on October 7, 2013
replaces the old bite valve, what more can i say. but i need to come up with 10 more words... done
25 people found this helpful
Top Contributor: Campingon September 20, 2017
this bite valve is the style and quality that I demand for use on all my family hydration systems. but actually putting it onto the stem that it is designed to go on is quite difficult. I recommend using isopropyl alcohol as an evaporative lubricant, but even then it is still not easy to install. I've only ever had to replace an actual damaged valve one time and that was due to rough handling by equipment loaders.
on April 29, 2017
Just as expected for a replacement. Same quality as the original. Thanks!
review image
3 people found this helpful
on August 9, 2017
I bought this because I have both a Camelbak and a Platypus, and I found the Big Bite value to allow through more water than the HyperFlow that comes by default with the Platypus. That, and the Platypus valve is made of a much softer material, and I accidentally bit through it. So I bought this one for the Platypus (the Big Zip model) and it works perfectly.
on April 21, 2017
I've used this valve on a hose running to a one gallon water jug that I carry on long motorcycle trips, It's worked well for me for the last 27,000 miles without leaking and I'm still using it. I don't know what else can be said about it, just a simple valve that does what it's supposed to do.
on March 5, 2014
I lost mine somehow when I took off my backpack and the tube rubbed against my jacket, pulling off the bite valve. Got another one as a replacement and it works great, never leaks, and I know I can just replace it if I lose it again. I'd prefer it this way rather than have a permanent valve that is not replaceable if it ever gets dirty/damaged. Lucky for me, the camelbak was still usable since the flow control is located on the tube itself so I could still stop flow when not drinking without the bite valve in place.
on March 31, 2018
Good for those who literally gulp water like a fish all day! I also think this improved my water intake, as I found myself drinking more and more water.
on January 18, 2013
My toddler bit through my original valve while we were on a long mountainous family hike. I was so glad to find this little replacement valve on Amazon. I use my Camelbak for running and biking as well as hiking, so I didn't want to have to shut off the flow all the time. My husband thinks it is a little expensive for such a small part. I'm glad to be able to just replace the broken mouth part instead of the whole tubing assembly, or the whole pack. It just arrived, and it was fairly simple to remove the old valve and squeeze the new one on.
on April 24, 2017
Does the job although it's quite pricey for a tiny piece of silicon that will eventually be bitten away again. I hope someone introduces a compatible but cheaper non-Camelbak branded version one day.