Camelbak Podium Big Chill 25 oz Bottle
|Price:||$29.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Camelbak's new and bigger insulated bottle that delivers the performance you want and the cool water you need
- Revolutionary Jet Valve lets you sip or squirt at will
- BPA-free with TruTaste, a proprietary blend of polypropylene that lets you taste your beverage rather than your bottle
- Made to fit all types of bike bottle cages
- Camelbak's new insulated bottle that delivers the performance you want and the cool water you need
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
|Package Height||3.9 x 4.4 x 13.5 inches|
|Shipping Weight||0.3 pounds|
Features and Specifications:
- Capacity: 25 ounces (750 milliliters)
- 100 percent BPA-Free
- Double-wall construction keeps water cold twice as long
- Jet Valve: Lets you sip from any direction, or squirt to cool off on long rides. Eliminates the "bite open, hip-slap shut" steps.
- High Flow Rate: Squeezable bottle offers more water when you need it.
- No Sticky Frame: Made from medical-grade silicone, the Jet Valve eliminates splatter on your frame or jersey.
- Leak-Proof: Positive shut-off at base of valve for leak-proof transport. Simply turn the bar 90 degrees to stop water flow.
- Better Taste: TruTaste polypropylene allows you to taste your water, not your bottle.
- Lined with HydroGuard to inhibit the growth of bacteria that can cause odors, discoloration or deterioration of the bottle surface. (Does not protect user against disease-causing organisms. Always wash bottle after use.)
Commonly Asked Questions:
- Can I put my Podium Big Chill Bottle in the Dishwasher? Camelbak recommends hand washing the bottle--but--the Jet Valve lid is dishwasher safe (top rack only).
- Can I put sports drinks in the podium chill bottle? Yes, however, make sure to clean the bottle thoroughly after each use.
- Can I use carbonated beverages? Yes. The Jet Valve automatically vents pressure so that fizz will not cause pressure buildup. Please note, if the lockout is shut off, there will be pressure buildup, which isn't dangerous, but could lead to unexpected spray when opened.
- Can I put hot liquids in it? No. However, warm beverages are OK, provided they're not hot enough to burn your mouth. Extra-hot or boiling water can distort the plastic in the bottle, but warm tea in your Podium Chill Bottle is a nice treat for a cold ride.
- Can I freeze the bottle? You can freeze the bottle, but before you do, make sure that the bottle is only partially full. We recommend only 3/4 full to allow for expansion of the water as it freezes to ice. Place the bottle in the freezer right side up.
- Does the Podium Chill bottle fit any bike cage? Podium Chill and Podium Ice Bottles are designed to fit almost all cages on the market. For best performance, Camelbak recommends using cages designed with a little bit of give� in them. Cages that fully encircle the bottle with a single loop of material, can have a tighter fit. You can still use the Podium Bottle with these cages, but be aware that the fit will be snug, which could make it tougher to get the bottle in and out.
- What materials are used to make the Podium Chill bottle and cap? The Podium Chill bottle is made primarily from TruTaste polypropylene, a proprietary blend of polypropylene that is food-safe and taste-free. A CamelBak TruTaste bottle means your water will taste like it should. The bottle cap is made from polypropylene, with smaller components made of HDPE. Sealing components (nozzle, Jet Valve and o-ring) are made of medical grade silicone.
- What is the hydroguard treatment mentioned on the product? HydroGuard is a CamelBak proprietary antimicrobial technology embedded directly into the bottle walls. HydroGuard is an EPA-registered compound that uses the natural anti-microbial properties of silver metal to inhibit the growth of bacteria that can cause odors, discoloration, or deterioration of the bottle.
Top Customer Reviews
First off, the basic Podium design is almost flawless. Probably the closest thing to the "perfect" bike bottle. The original Podium Chills are a perfectly-sized insulated bottle that fits snugly and comfortably into the hand. A LOT of water can be delivered quickly with very little squeezing, due to the easily squeezed polyethylene and nozzle design. The chewy silicone lid nozzle has a lockout feature. The water TASTES better coming from the TruTaste polyethylene. No more of that plastic-y water taste, and no more BPA in your bloodstream. The insulation really does keep the water colder much longer, especially if there is ice in the water. Really, once you eliminate leaks (which Camelbak did) there's not much you can do to improve it, except maybe make it bigger. 20 oz goes fast for someone like me. I drink a lot of water.
The Big Chill got me excited because I was able to now hold quite a bit more water: 25 oz instead of 20! Doesn't sound like much, but with two of these on the bike, you have a lot more water to sip.
Main complaint with the Big Chill is that it's a little too hard to squeeze. Either they made it out of thicker plastic or they changed the grip design, I don't know. I feel like to get the same amount of water compared to a smaller Podium Chill I have to squeeze quite a bit harder. Just doesn't feel as good as the smaller Chills. No big deal, I have strong-ish hands, but someone with small hands will likely have a bit of a problem with it.
These bottles are easily marred by painted bottle cages. I suggest using composite or plastic cages with these to avoid leaving paint abrasion marks, which happened on mine.Read more ›
- The design of the nozzle is quite a bit better. Water shoots out in a more laminar stream. Nozzle auto-closes via flap, making it friendlier on the road. Also nozzle has a better locking mechanism.
- Easy to squeeze.
- Slightly more capacity (about an ounce).
- Keeps water chilled for longer.
- Not dishwasher safe, with the exception of the lid (must be placed on the top rack).
- Design of nozzle causes whistling while using. Not an issue on the road, but can be annoying if you are using your bottle in a quiet location. Nozzle also pops and whistles on its own while bottle is stationary.
- Lid is leaky unless screwed on very tightly, and even then it can still leak a little. This is an issue with both of my Camelbaks.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Has lanyard loop, which may be useful for some.
- Lid screws on nice and solid, very easy to screw on.
- Standard bottle nozzle is hard to go back to after using the Camelbak.
So which to choose? Personally, for cycling I prefer the Camelbak, mainly because the nozzle is significantly better and the bottle is easier to squeeze. I always carry water bottles with me and if I'm just relaxing then I prefer the Polar because it's less annoying to drink out of (as I mentioned, the Camelback whistles fairly loudly when sucking air back in and it even whistles and pops while not in use). Also, it's nice being able to just throw the Polar bottle in the dishwasher.
I usually carry one of each, the Camelbak for the ride and the Polar for the destination.
What this new valve means in practical terms is, no more "two handed operation" to open or close the top; no more pulling the top open with your teeth as you pedal along & then slapping it against your side to close it. This new bottle from Camelbak is soooo much better than an Insulated Polar Water Bottle.
Yes, it will tightly seal all the way with a twist of the top. But for normal conditions, just keep it open. Cool water will NOT come out until you gently sqeeze on it. And that's another thing the Polar Bottle will not do. With the Polar Bottle, you'll need more than a "gentle squeeze".
The lock on top of the nozzle is a genius idea. This bottle will not spill if that lock is on. Even with the lock off, no water still escapes until you want to drink. I really only need to use the lock feature if I put it in a backpack during a hike to really be sure it won't leak.
Design wise they really nailed it. Its easy to hold and this bigger 25oz bottle even allows you to jog with it. I don't recommend it if you have smaller hands but I am an average size 6' tall guy and I can jog a few miles holding it no problem. The water does stay colder longer as well and 25oz is the right amount for an hour or so workout.
It was worth every penny and I recommend you buy Camelbak as your next water bottle!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This bottle keeps my drinks colder and is easier to use than my Polar bottles.Published 6 days ago by Bob-O
Keeps my water cold, comfy to drink out of...I had absolutely no complaints about this particular bottle until I accidentally left it behind and lost it in Miami Beach. Read morePublished 1 month ago by J. Flynn
I bought two of these. One for work and one for home. Easy to clean and keeps liquids cool. Worth the buy. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
So hard to clean because it is impossible to get apart. Throwing mine away and I just got it.Published 4 months ago by Amazon Customer