Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 55 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 58 reviews
on June 12, 2012
I now have my first King James Version w/Apocrypha and just love it. I agree with the other reviewers that the type is very clear and easy to read, considering the size of this Bible.

Speaking of the size, when the package arrived and I opened the outer Amazon shipping box to see the nice Cambridge box inside, my first thought was that I may have made a mistake in buying a Bible that might be too small (and therefore hard to read). I was already kicking myself for not paying attention to the dimensions shown on Amazon.

This turns out to be one of the things I love about this Bible. I love the size! It's 1/2" narrower and a full 1" shorter than my Douay-Rheims published by Saint Benedict Press. Amazing the difference that makes for ease of reading in bed.

I have absolutely no regrets and couldn't be happier with my purchase, but I do wonder why this particular Bible (Cambridge University Press) costs more than twice as much as the above-mentioned Douay-Rheims (Saint Benedict Press) which is also a supple leather edition. Just wondering.
on January 14, 2012
The workmanship and materials of this Cambridge KJV Bible are outstanding. It lays out flat when the good book is opened, beautiful gold gild edged with a slight red tinge to it. Plenty of maps included at the back of the Bible, 15 maps in all. Two red ribbon markers are handy and elegant looking as well.
on August 30, 2017
I absolutely love the price I got for this. This is my second time around buying this, and I seen the price on it and it was a steal! This is a very good product when it comes to quality and having everything your looking for, and it includes the APOCRYPHA!!!!
on November 4, 2015
Arrived as described. High quality very beautiful. Very satisfied. www.amazingfacts.org
on November 11, 2015
Excellent. Have been searching for a portable kjv with apocrypha for a while. The others I found were too large to comfortably fit into a purse. This was a bit larger than I expected but it's small enough for my needs. The print is quite legible. The first one I ordered was lost in transit. Amazon immediately sent a replacement free of charge which was delivered ahead of schedule. Thanks alot. Keep up the good work.
on March 17, 2013
This review is for a King James Version (with Apocrypha) of the Holy Bible from Cambridge University Press in England.

I purchased a very similar Cambridge University Press Bible over 20 years ago (KJV, no Apocrypha, split cowhide cover, Teacher's Edition, but same size, text, layout & paper) and It's been my companion Bible ever since. Though I purchased a case for It the day I bought It in order to protect from inordinate abuse while traveling (including being strapped to the sissy bar of my Harley during all types of weather), the Bible's been read through and referenced frequently and regularly over the years and, even now, barely looks used; I look forward to willing It to one of my children or grandchildren and am sure (unless I lose It, say, in a fire) they'll receive It in much the same condition It is today. The text is easy to read, even without my glasses, the layout makes locating and referencing passages of Scripture quick & easy, and the construction make these the most beautiful, durably made, user-friendly Bibles I've ever laid my hands on; these Bibles are the perfect combination of extreme functionality and heirloom quality. So when my 30 year old daughter asked me, jokingly in an off-hand way (so she says), if I could purchase this Bible for her, I was overjoyed. First, that she would have a hunger to read It and, next, that she was led to pick a particular Bible that will, with ordinary care, last the rest of her life and beyond, that I would have the honor of giving It to her and, finally, that she would actually feel enough about It to choose One made also into a beautiful, cherishable work of art.

The Holy Bible, in any form, is the best, most loving gift one person can give to another; a Bible from Cambridge University Press is the gift of a lifetime. And beyond.
on January 2, 2016
UPDATE: the words of Christ are in Red except in the book of Revelation (not sure what happened to the red ink), the words are very small (~10 font), there's no space for note taking (~1/2 inch on side and bottom), and highlighters bleed through is inevitable with such thin pages (I've tried many different highlighters), Center column has some good references (but can hardly read it). I still like this Bible but have begun searching for another Bible with larger font and more space for personal note taking. If anyone knows of a Bible that has these features please advise!

I'm impressed with this Bible! The cover feels soft but is sturdy and i like that it contains all of the original books of the 1611 KJV but without the old 1611 language. Also like the compact size and that it is not a paragraph style Bible. Wish that the words were bigger and the margins were larger! I'd pay more for those features and i know that many others would too! Hopefully one of these days someone will realize this and accommodate all of us who have made this same comment! This Bible would be almost perfect with an 11 or 12 font with 1/2 inch margins!
on December 24, 2015
Not much to dislike at all about this bible. Price is high but the quality is amazing.
on March 16, 2016
The bible as it should be. Would love a bigger print and ore bigger margin more
on November 5, 2015
Pricey but very very nice.