Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: AGPtek® 4 in 1 Camera Lens Kit for Apple iPhone 4 (8X Black Telephoto Lens, Fish Eye Lens, Wide Angle + Micro Lens) Plus Tripod and Hard Case
Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer power_s3 power_s3 power_s3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

on August 16, 2011
This was a rare impulse buy for me. I don't buy on a whim so I was nervous.
I rated this a 4 star because the only way to use it with my iPhone 4 was to modify the stick on ring. The ring covers the flash if you want the ring in the middle so the lens is centered.
I ended up taking a pair of side cutters and cutting a small section out of the ring. I stuck it on and it works great and does not impede the flash.
Just keep in mind that the flash is still blocked when you use the lens but will not be blocked without the lens. I use my phone's flash a lot for a flashlight so it was important that it was not blocked.

Otherwise these are great little lens that can enhance your picture taking with a phone.
33 comments| 45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 22, 2012
All in all, I am very satisfied with these lenses. I would like to address the issues from the reviewers that gave this product an unjust poor rating, so that you will not have to deal with these issues:

* The metal ring covers the flash on the iPhone 4 and newer models - If you use the ring with the notch cut out of it, it will not cover the flash.
* The ring won't stick to the phone - I used a very strong glue (Gorilla glue) to glue the ring to the plastic case that the Black Telephoto Lens attaches to. This way you do not mess with the finish of your iPhone and the ring glued to the Telephoto case does not interfere with the use of the telephoto lens.
* I only got 3 lenses, not 4! - HINT, the Wide Angle lens UNSCREWS and the smaller lens is your MACRO LENS, now you have 4 lenses!
* Completely useless - well as they say about some people, you can't fix stupid.

I am giving this product only 4 stars because of the issue of the rings not sticking to the phone as well as they should. They should have been glued into the Telephoto Lens case originally.
on November 14, 2011
I am very happy with this set of lenses and mount.

The wide angle, fisheye, and macro lens work great. Better quality than I expected for the price. The kit came with several metal rings to attach the magnetic lenses to, about half had cut outs to accomodate the iPhone flash. The metal ring fits fine on my phone case.
The magnetic lenses hold fairly firmly to the ring, but I would not shake or jostle the phone too hard or the lens my come off.

The telephoto zooms in about as much as my iPhone's digital zoom, but using the telephoto with the iPhone zoomed all the way out provides a better image. It is the cheapest built lens of the group, but works pretty good.

The phone tripod mount is simple and versatile. The tripod is tiny and may tilt over with the telephoto lens attached, but it did not in my quick test.

My only small complaint is that all the parts cannot fit in the travel bag included.

I feel I got a lot for the price.

Seller shipped quickly and all arrived in perfect shape.
on January 28, 2013
You know that saying.. You get what you pay for? Well leave it behind.
For the price you can't buy even one regular lens. It's like a set of starter lenses. They are cheap but work really well. You can't expect professional quality for this price. They work great for what they are and I would recommend them to try out before you buy more expensive iPhone lenses. I had the most fun with the fisheye lens, which was strange because I normally don't enjoy working with them on my normal DSLR.

PROS:
-Cost
-Light Weight
-Easy to Assemble/ set up
-Don't take up a lot of space
-Fun to use
-Decent lenses for what you pay
-Easy to set up tripod
-Great way to find out if you like iPhone attachments

CONS:
-They Can be a little finicky. You have to adjust them just right so that you can get the whole picture.
-Almost need another bag for the lenses
-You have to glue something to your iPhone.. I just placed a screen protector over the back of the phone before I applied the washer.
-The case only fits iphone 4 or 4s so if you plan on upgrading you will need to cut the case to fit the new phone.
-Covers flash (but I found an external flash for my iPhone so it didn't matter)
on December 27, 2011
Its does not work. The lenses are good, but the ring keeps on falling and it does not stick to my iPhone 4s. Lost my money. DON'T BUY
on October 23, 2012
I was not expecting spectacular lenses, given the price but these are not too bad. The way they attach to the iPhone is another thing, tho. You absolutely need the plastic phone cover for the telephoto because the lens actually screws into the cover. The other lenses attach magnetically to the phone but the phone is not magnetic...right? They give you little metal rings to stick to the phone, but the sticky stuff they give you does not work well. It all comes apart when you knock it.

On the other hand, the tripod is brilliant. There are so many other things you could use it for. It's not really robust and could break, but it IS an inexpensive product! My husband took it into work and all his co-workers wanted one.

BTW - the telephoto lens can be used as a monocular! You can carry it around in your pocket or purse and its magnification is pretty good.
on December 19, 2011
This is a cool little kit and a nice thing to have. Zoom lens works great. the other ones can be kinda hard to line up but not terribly. You do have to be very stable when shooting with the zoom. I would have prefered a little more zoom, but not bad for the cost.
on January 20, 2012
I bought this for a Christmas present and received on time.
We gently opened the tripod legs and one snapped off - looks like the hinge is made of really cheap white metal and nothing but junk.

I asked for a return from Amazon and get a label from Amazon but decided to return to the merchant instead. Package shipped by Priority mail on 1/6/12 and received by the merchant on 01/09/12 3:19pm. Emailed merchant on 1/18 asking status. Was told they received the return but could not give me a refund because it has "We already get your return ,but the item is artificial defect.We can't do the refund for you ." with no explanation as to what this means.

Will never buy from this merchant again and recommend no one else does either. We expected an email immediately on receipt of the return with a prompt refund. So far have gotten neither.
on September 26, 2011
I've purchased it and really happy with the quality of fisheye, and macro lens. The ring covers the flash but I don't use it much.
Brainydeal ship it quick and support me much. thanks
on September 16, 2011
Purchased this for my son. He's thrilled with the options it gives him using his iPhone camera. Reasonably priced, well-packaged, and it arrived exactly on time. Highly recommended vendor.