- Paperback: 542 pages
- Publisher: Focal Press; 5 edition (March 2, 2009)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0240810570
- ISBN-13: 978-0240810577
- Product Dimensions: 5.8 x 1 x 8.8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.8 pounds
- Average Customer Review: 23 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,367,548 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The Camera Assistant's Manual 5th Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
"A very well done book on cameras and assisting and for any budding cinematographer or assistant."
-Ron Dexter, ASC
"The Camera Assistant's Manual is well written and easy to comprehend--an essential read for all interested in doing a camera job well done."
-Georgia Packard, SOC
From the Back Cover
The Camera Assistant's Manual, Fifth Edition is a nuts and bolts guide offering beginning camera assistants and film students information on all aspects of this unique position within the film industryfrom cinematography basics to interviewing for the job. Every film or video shoot calls for at least two camera assistants. Camera assistants (or first and second ACs, as theyre known) have the important job of maintaining the camera, readying it for use, troubleshooting (such as knowing what to do when a camera stops working), and preparing it for transport. This new edition features expanded sections on tips for the First and Second Assistant. The Camera Assistant's Manual teaches the complete workflow in easy-to-understand terms and does not assume prior knowledge. It is a must-have on the set for camera assistants. Invaluable career advice rounds out the book. Heavily illustrated and loaded with useful checklists, tables, and sample forms, The Camera Assistant's Manual is a must for every camera assistants ditty bag or tool kit.
* Completely updated with information on working in SD and HD video formats.
* Updated companion website (www.cameraassistantmanual.com) with extensive forms, charts, and camera illustrations to print out and use along with links to cinematography related websites
* Career tips and complete job descriptions to help camera assistants get and succeed at jobs
* Information on the differences between union and non-union productions along with information on how to join the union
* Expanded section including illustrations on many of the tools and items needed in the AC Ditty Bag