- Paperback: 624 pages
- Publisher: Focal Press; 6 edition (February 27, 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0240818687
- ISBN-13: 978-0240818689
- Product Dimensions: 1 x 6 x 9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.9 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 3.7 out of 5 stars See all reviews (8 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #669,650 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The Camera Assistant's Manual 6th Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
All Books, All the Time
Read author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more at the Amazon Book Review. Read it now
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
"David Elkins is an elite craftsman who really knows his stuff! The Camera Assistant’s Manual, Sixth Edition contains all of the essential, up-to-date information on how to fulfill the duties of a Camera Assistant with complete professionalism. If you aspire to a career in the camera department, this is a must own book!"
-Randolph Sellars, Director of Photography and Founder at Reel Pro Mentor
"This new edition of The Camera Assistant’s Manual blends technical information with descriptive procedural narration that will help you be in the right place at the right time and perform those duties that are expected of you as a member of a camera crew. If you are an aspiring cinematographer, by all means, put this book at the top of your reading list, and if you’ve been in the business for years, but have not brushed up on the latest procedures, it’s time to review and gain new knowledge!"
-Stan McClain, www.filmtools.com
"The film industry is finding itself in the most dynamic technical changes in its history, yet David's manual continues to keep up with changing trends. I not only recommend this book to the new Camera Assistant, but anybody who wants a real world understanding of what to expect on-set."
-Jim Roudebush, Panavision Inc.
"Elkins takes the best of the old school–techniques used to craft the best films ever made–and updates them for the digital world. Short of being on a set, this book is a great introduction to the most technically critical job in production."
-Art Adams, cinematographer/educator, ProVideoCoalition.com
From the Back Cover
The Camera Assistant's Manual, Fifth Edition is a nuts and bolts guide offering beginning camera assistants and film students information on all aspects of this unique position within the film industry-from cinematography basics to interviewing for the job. Every film or video shoot calls for at least two camera assistants. Camera assistants (or first and second ACs, as they're known) have the important job of maintaining the camera, readying it for use, troubleshooting (such as knowing what to do when a camera stops working), and preparing it for transport. This new edition features expanded sections on tips for the First and Second Assistant. The Camera Assistant's Manual teaches the complete workflow in easy-to-understand terms and does not assume prior knowledge. It is a must-have on the set for camera assistants. Invaluable career advice rounds out the book. Heavily illustrated and loaded with useful checklists, tables, and sample forms, The Camera Assistant's Manual is a must for every camera assistant's ditty bag or tool kit.
* Completely updated with information on working in SD and HD video formats.
* Updated companion website (www.cameraassistantmanual.com) with extensive forms, charts, and camera illustrations to print out and use along with links to cinematography related websites
* Career tips and complete job descriptions to help camera assistants get and succeed at jobs
* Information on the differences between union and non-union productions along with information on how to join the union
* Expanded section including illustrations on many of the tools and items needed in the AC Ditty Bag
Browse award-winning titles. See more
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?