Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on July 12, 2013
The monitor is a steal for the price and has a clear picture for use as a backup camera monitor :-) My gripe....the instructions :-(

Even after everyone else's warnings about the inadequate instructions I wasn't too concerned because it only has three wires to hook up (red, black and blue) besides plugging in your video source(s). What the included instructions do not tell you is that if you are connecting a backup camera it MUST be connected to the Video 2 plug in order to work with the blue wire to sense when you've shifted into reverse. It would have been so much easier if in the included instructions in the box they would have noted that "Video 2 input is for connecting a backup camera." My backup camera had a female end so I could only plug it into Video 1 of the monitor and it would not work that way with the blue reverse trigger wire. After searching around I found the needed info back in the product's description on Amazon. Why didn't they include that info in the wiring instructions?

So, in short, to take advantage of the blue reverse sensing wiring the backup camera must be plugged into the monitor's Video 2 input (the yellow female RCA plug). Red = Positive, Black = ground, Blue = Reverse trigger wire, Video 2 input = Camera...Wired like this it will turn on the monitor when you shift into reverse and off when you take it out of reverse.
207 helpful votes
208 helpful votes
1111 comments|Report abuse
on April 19, 2015
Amazing price for a useful product. Working well as a monitor for my video downlink setup.
review image
16 helpful votes
17 helpful votes
on February 19, 2015
2/18/2015 - Arrived on time and packaged nicely. I have attached some pics showing the wiring harness. The 1st pic shows the whole wiring harness. Notice there are 2 RCA A/V connects, 1-male & 1-female. Also note that the Red wire is fused. I have already added some male Molex pins to the Red & Blk wires and shrink tubing to insulate. I will not be using the Blu wire initially. The Blu wire is for switching the video input to display. The 2nd pic shows the connector that goes to the display. Pic 3 shows the Red/Blk and the mating female Molex on the end of the 12V lighter plug, purchased seperately. Pic 4 shows the harness connected to the Lighter Plug(Roadpro 12V Fused Replacement Cigarette Lighter Plug with Leads).
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
19 helpful votes
20 helpful votes
on August 31, 2014
Great monitor for FPV.

it can handle static before it goes to blue screen and gets back so fast.!!1.5km distance and it didnt get blue screen, some static Just great. using it with 1.2ghz no problems at all!as a second monitor just perfect, i use fatshark dominator.

i've cut the long lead cable! now its 2-3 inches long with DEAN connector, AV Male video connector. 11.1v 3s lipo battery

Clear image!
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
120 helpful votes
121 helpful votes
1616 comments|Report abuse
on December 15, 2015
For the price point, you can't really go wrong.

I bought this as an FPV ground station / ride along monitor. I did some testing of this monitor using 3S lipo batteries to power it. The spec says 12 to 24 volts but it works just fine down to 11.0v or so as the battery discharges. I can power this screen for roughly 1.5 hours with a 500 mah 3S battery. I originally tried a 2200 mah 3S battery and after 3 hours it was still going strong. I expect it will run 6+ hours on a 2200 pack.

I don't plan to actually fly via this monitor but I suppose you could. The off-angle viewing isn't great, but what do you expect at this price point.

I didn't use the blue wire as this seems to be a trigger to switch to switch inputs to the backup camera. I did confirm that I can switch inputs and upon power cycling it remains on whichever input I selected.
review image
4 helpful votes
5 helpful votes
on February 19, 2015
This is a very well built monitor. I happen to be using it strictly as a monitor for my car video backup system, so I don't really need the on-off control, etc. I have the monitor and camera (http://tinyurl.com/pock7uw) both wired directly into my rear backup lights so it only comes on when I put the transmission into reverse. The video display is excellent and it comes with all kinds of mounting hardware: bezel if you need it (I don't), tripod mount with swivel, etc. I bought a beanbag from Amazon (http://tinyurl.com/mhon9nx)and screwed the little metal platform under the monitor down with some tiny flat head wood screws right into the plastic floor of the beanbag. I attached two pictures to show what it looks like in my 2010 Honda behind the shifter and also how it is mounted to the beanbag. It has the nice multi-colored distance lines which transmit from the camera to aid me in backing up; it shows cross lines at the 3 ft, 6 ft, and 12 ft distances. The camera came built into a rugged Zinc license plate frame with the camera and infra-red sensors built into it and I'm happy with both purchases as they work together to produced a fine back-up video system.

The little remote control that comes with the monitor allows you to tweak the video: brightness, contrast, color hue, wide angle or normal view, etc., like you might adjust a TV screen, and once you get it to your satisfaction, you can put it away as you are done. The Chinese translation of instructions are hilarious to read, but you really don't need them anyway as if you read the other reviews, you will learn to wire it properly (like the blue wire goes to the backup lights to automatically switch the monitor to the V2 setting for the rear camera). You certainly can't beat the price of this monitor, especially for the quality you get.
review imagereview image
12 helpful votes
13 helpful votes
on August 13, 2013
I bought this to act as a visual gauge output for the Raspberry Pi.
I noticed some others had dependability problems so I connected it to my
dvd recorder and played videos for 1 week as a burn in. No problems.
The color was better than my hdmi tv!

Connected to my Raspberry Pi without any problems. With a little eye
strain it can be used as a monitor - but that was not my intended purpose.
I am now writing SDL code for instrument outputs and everything is very good.
review imagereview image
69 helpful votes
70 helpful votes
66 comments|Report abuse
on January 1, 2016
I bought the Dragonpad to use as my fpv screen. I turned it on and nothing happened? I know I shouldn't done this but, I open it up and found the ribbon wire coming from the TFT panel to the electronics board cut into? It didn't look like it had broken during shipment, because I flexed the ribbon wire to see if it was brittle and it flexed just fine. It just looks like some purposely cut it! And I didn't cut or break it when I opened the cover. The electronic board is held in place with double sided sticky tape and it was still in place.
I noticed this same display is sold by others for double the price. I guess the rejects from the other manufactures are give to this seller or they get them from the trash and sold them to us! Dragonpad 7" TFT LCD Color 2 Video Input Car RearView Headrest Monitor DVD VCR Monitor With Remote and Stand & Support Rotating The Screen
on September 10, 2015
My hubby is a money saver so he bought this on the cheap. Ok he is a tightwad. We got this to put on our struggle buggy (a way under powered rv) The camera works if you can figger out how to install per the instuckshuns. If you ain't an electitrion or a mecanick or ya can't reed this cuz ya kan't figger out what im sayin you will not be able to use this product. It's the only how to manual that says red is black. If you don't believe me just order this and you will find out. It does work just make sure you have plenty of beer to ease the pain!
on March 31, 2015
This unit will make a wonderful doorstop if I cannot make use of it. Surely, the distributor has someone who can print a better guide than the enclosed.
Though I bought this end of 2014, I am just setting up for use as a home monitor system. Reading through the enclosed specs, I've noticed this monitor sent is rated for 24 Volt DC input. Test indicate the unit will not work under 15 VDC. This monitor definitely will not work in an automotive application. I am assuming the supplier either made a mistake and do have 12 VDC units for those who are using it for automotive application or some of the past buyers got lucky. There was no way the supplier would know where I was using this monitor since I also bought the several camera sensors, some which were used for automotive where the video monitors were already installed. So, future buyers, check the specs before mounting, you won't need to do as I, rigging up a 24 VDC power. source.