Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Noah Gundersen GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 294 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 314 reviews
Enthusiast: Photographyon April 27, 2016
Seeing the attractive price on this product, I had hoped for something usable and effectively built, which are attributes far greater than this mount offers.
The 1/4"-20 threads are pinched on two sides, resulting in a smushed threading (see attached picture). Naturally, this defeats the functionality of the threads. One of my mounts was able to screw onto the threads, but left behind small metal shards. Fortunately, the shards were from the cheap metal of the suction mount.
The ball head of this product also leaves much to be desired. The ball is rough and has a thick seam at the bottom, making the mount incapable of smooth rotation in certain positions.
The only redeeming feature of the suction mount is the actual suction cup and latch itself, which held well in the brief testing I did.
I'd avoid this mount and look for a better-constructed option. The product will be returned to the manufacturer.
review image
on April 21, 2013
This product is absolutely a failure of a product. The head of the product will not stay to the adjusted amount. The suction does no stay on the screen or surface very well. The object needs to have it's head glued in-order to prevent it from moving around. I would not recommend anyone this product.

Pros:
-Cheap

Cons:
-Does not do what it should do
-Head does not hold in place
-Suction cup does not suck properly
on December 30, 2016
I bought this for YouTube Vlogs so I could hold my camera / phone (for GPS) while driving (Phone attachment not included of course) and it's great. The suction is perfect (Make sure the spot you're putting it is clean, this is important) and I plan to buy a couple more for other vehicles as well. Also works indoors on windows and is great for those time-lapse videos.
on September 11, 2015
The item can mount to the car window, however the camera would have to be upside down. Which kind of defeats the purpose since all the videos will be upside down. So in addition to this product will have to read something or buy a dashboard GPS mounting plate or something equivalent to it.

As far as the product goes it's not the best made, but he got the job done. All in all I like it, the camera stayed where it should be and I was able to get some off road footage. Priced right for me being under $5.00.
on October 27, 2016
The build quality is such that the thread won't screw into my camera. Strangely, the metal mounting bolt was forged as two halves and then seamed together (that's a weird way to make this part). As a result, the threads don't line up well and this will strip your camera threading if you attempt to force it in. Unless you have a machine shop with a tap & die set, this mount is useless. Fortunately, I do have a machine shop as was able to rethread the mounting bolt. Now that I've fixed the bolt, I suspect this will be a great little mount.

Maybe I got a bad unit. For $5 this still worked out for me. However, most people don't have a tap & die set (or even know what that is) so for the average consumer the unit I received would have been garbage.
review image
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 2, 2017
TBH, the product works but you get what you paid for. The camera will be facing upside down while recording & it moves around a lot but it's very easy to fix the video when you edit it . It works out for me but it might not work for people who want something study and facing upright.
on August 21, 2015
This works good if you place it on your window shield. It doesn't attach itself to my dashboard, but it may be the material of my car.
With vlogging so common now and days I needed this for my digital camera so I can vlog in the car. I love the suction part of it, it adheres pretty firm once you clamp it into place.

It works good for my sony cyber shot digital camera, and if you have a phone, you can just take the part off of the selfie sticks and place this on the mount. Should work the same way

Shipping:
This item took soo long I had almost forgotten about it. It came from China, that is why, if I had known I would of never ordered it.

The item is pretty cheap, you just have to wait awhile to receive it.
on February 18, 2014
I find this to be a wonderful windshield mount for my camera (I use a Canon Powershot camera and it takes excellent videos). The suction cup works very well and holds the camera "rock steady" on my windshield while I take videos of my trips. For my windshield, the camera must be mounted upside down, but that isn't a problem because the video can be turned right side up easily using Windows Movie Maker (which most computers already have installed) or the editing software when publishing the video on YouTube.

It's important to note that if you want to send a video to a friend using e-mail, the best way to do it is to publish it on YouTube and send it that way.

I liked the mount so much that I've already ordered two more. One I plan to attach to the side window of my car so that my videos can be taken from a different view. I plan to use the other one to attach my camera to tables or windows when I'm making videos in the house.
on March 2, 2017
I brought this as a mount for my volging camera. The adjustability dosent allow you to display the can't facing forward only upside down. Not sure what type of camera this is for but did not work for me. Now I skeptical of what kind to buy next for the right angles.
on September 9, 2015
have used it everyday now, and it works perfect, attaches to winshield like superglue, even my larger sony/HDD, have no problems at all. the way it attaches, if i would need to use the video i am recording, i would have to run it thru software that turns it right side up, it records upside down, which is not a problem at all. it takes almost no time at all to get it right. and the software i use, got it offline and it was free, just google for it. free software is all over the web, dont be lazy, do a search and you will find it. mos tof what i shoot, i erase and use again, i use a flashdrive/compact flash, i think they call it.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.