Add to your order
from Asurion, LLC $76.99
- NO ADDITIONAL COST: You pay $0 for repairs – parts, labor and shipping included.
- COVERAGE: Plan starts on the date of purchase. Drops, spills and cracked screens due to normal use covered for portable products and power surges covered from day one. Malfunctions covered after the manufacturer's warranty.
- EASY CLAIMS PROCESS: File a claim anytime online at www.Asurion.com/Amazon or by phone. Most claims approved within minutes. If we can’t repair it, we’ll send you an Amazon e-gift card for the purchase price of your covered product or replace it.
- MORE DETAILS: Additional information about this protection plan is available within the “Product guides and documents” section. Simply click “User Guide” for more info. Asurion will also email your plan confirmation with Terms & Conditions to the address associated with your Amazon account within 24 hours of purchase (if you do not see this email, please check your spam folder). Contact us if you cannot locate your plan confirmation and Terms & Conditions via email at AmazonFeedback@Asurion.com.
Camp Chef Flat Top Grill, True Seasoned Griddle Surface, Four 12,000 BTUs/Hr. stainless steel Burners
Enhance your purchase
|Item Weight||139.65 Pounds|
|Finish Type||Stainless Steel|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Includes flat top griddle & grill grate, True Seasoned Surface, non-stick & ready to cook
- Grease management system for easy clean up, Grease tray, catch bucket, and micro adjust griddle levelers
- Four 12,000 BTUs/Hr. stainless steel Burners, Matchless ignition system
- Two large folding shelves, Propane tank holder, Adjustable leg levers
- Griddle Cooking Surface: 604 sq. in., Grilling Cooking Surface: 501 sq. in., Overall Unit Dimensions: 62.5" 37" x 22" Weight: 142 lbs.
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 37 x 62.5 x 22 inches; 139.65 Pounds
- Item model number : FTG600
- Date First Available : June 23, 2014
- Manufacturer : Camp Chef
- ASIN : B00L9XAMTQ
- Best Sellers Rank: #26,837 in Patio, Lawn & Garden (See Top 100 in Patio, Lawn & Garden)
- #55 in Propane Grills
- Customer Reviews:
In 1990, founder Ty Measom found himself both frustrated and inspired with the size and quality of the outdoor cooking equipment available. He set out to create a product that was both portable and powerful. After countless hours of brainstorming, engineering, and tinkering, the Pro60 was born—and along with it—a company to pioneer the camp-cooking industry. The simple, yet durable design was applauded by outdoorsmen everywhere. Since then we’ve added griddles and grill box attachments, a variety of cast iron pieces, and more recently—pellet grills. Over the past 30 years, our product line has expanded, but our objective remains the same—provide a better way to cook outdoors.
We’ve raised the steaks in the outdoor cooking industry. So, we challenge you to ask yourself if your cooking equipment is tough enough for the task. Whether you’re barbecuing on the back patio or backpacking in Bolivia—delicious food is attainable despite your coordinates. So, get out there. Make memories with the people you love. Experience the beauty of nature. Feed your outside however you want with the durability, versatility, portability, and power of Camp Chef.
CAMP CHEF FLAT TOP GRILLS - Our family of Flat Top Grills is all about bringing people together over good food. Let any one of our Flat Top Grills act as the centerpiece of your back patio and enjoy an immersive cooking experience unlike anything else. Did we mention how versatile our Flat Top Grills are? Cook breakfast, lunch and dinner all on one grill and avoid cluttering your kitchen or patio.
FLAT TOP GRILLS - FTG600
The Flat Top Grill is good at one thing above all else—feeding people fast. The large 600-sq. inch surface allows you to crank out food for 50-100 people every hour—your party will never go hungry. Many propane grills have hot spots, but our line of flat tops heat food evenly due to our large griddle and heat dispersing design.
THE FLAT TOP GRILL VERSATILITY
Customers love the cooking variety that the Flat Top Grill offers. For breakfast: use the griddle for pancakes, bacon, hash browns, veggies, and to boil water. Then for lunch and dinner: remove the griddle and utilize the massive grill grates to make hamburgers, chicken, steaks, shish kabobs, and more. This is the best flat top griddle/grill on the market!
FEATURES & SPECIFICATIONS
- Includes flat top griddle & grill grate
- True Seasoned Surface, non-stick & ready to cook
- Matchless ignition system
- Grease management system for easy clean up, Grease tray, catch bucket, and adjust griddle levelers
- Propane tank holder
- Adjustable leg levers
- Four 12,000 BTU/hr. stainless steel burners
Includes flat top griddle, True Seasoned Surface, non-stick and ready to cook, Cold rolled steel griddle.
12,000-18,000 BTU Burners
These 12,000 - 18,000 BTU burners are powerful enough to quickly heat up the pre-seasoned griddle. The adjustable heat makes it easy and convenient to create hot, warm, and cold zones on your griddle to insure you get the perfect cook.
Thinking of clean up our grease management system makes it simple and easy. With grease tray, catch bucket, and micro adjust griddle levelers.
Whether you’re barbecuing on the back patio or in the backwoods, delicious food is attainable despite your coordinates.
|True Seasoned Finish||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Includes Interchangeable Griddle||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Stainless Steel Burner Box||✓||✓||✓|
|Even-Heat Cooking System||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Propane Tank Holder||✓||✓||✓|
|Burner Capacity||(6) 12,000 BTU BURNERS||(4) 12,000 BTU BURNERS||(4) 12,000 BTU BURNERS||(2) 16,000 BTU BURNER||(1) 18,000 BTU BURNER|
|Cooking Surface||877 SQ INCHES||604 SQ INCHES||604 SQ INCHES||416 SQ INCHES||247 SQ INCHES|
What's in the box
Reviewed in the United States on April 10, 2019
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
We had a party the next day and cooked 50 burgers and 48 hotdogs on the griddle. Nothing stuck, not even a little bit, and I didn't even put oil on the griddle first. It was nice to have the hotdog area a little cooler than the hamburger area. I had my gas grill set up next to the griddle to do some bbq chicken and keep the burgers and hotdogs warm until everything was done. Frozen burger patties directly onto the griddle, cooked perfectly in a few minutes.
My only criticism (a minor nit-pick) is one that I read in some reviews prior to purchase... and that is the short pipe that the grease goes down. It doesn't reach INTO the grease pan liner, it's a bit above it and can allow some grease to miss the pan. I just took a small stone and put it under the right side of the liner so it was up 1/2" higher. Worked perfectly. No need for a complicated fix.
From the videos that I watched, every griddle manufacturer's products have pros and cons. The Camp Chef didn't disappoint me.
I highly recommend the FLAT TOP 600!!!
I bought this for two reasons
1. I really like the ability to remove the griddle and use it as a propane grill
2. I have many Camp Chef products and they have been very reliable
I read the reviews and saw many of them mention the warping of the griddle. I have never heated the griddle above medium based on some feedback I've read while researching the product. That being said, there is a slight warp to my griddle plate. It levels out under heat, but I am keeping an eye on it. This is why so far I am only giving it 3 stars. I may update if it does warp or if the warp works its way out.
It's easy to assemble with a few power tools. Definitely get a cover. and I recommend a hardcover because the soft covers still let in a little moisture. I actually went overkill and put a soft cover over the hardcover.
Even though the griddle comes pre-seasoned, I suggest adding additional layers of seasoning to prevent rusting. Also, coat the griddle after each use with a thin layer of oil or shortening to hold the seasoning and non-stick surface.
I've used it multiple times over the last month since buying it and the only thing I have even had any worries about is the warping issue that people have reported. Crossing my fingers that the minor warping I am seeing is just the cast iron cooling and it pops back into place each time it heats up.
Actual Cooking: This flat top is a game changer for cooking. The grill heats up very fast and heats up evenly across all 4 burners. It also has traditional grill grates beneath which makes this a 2 in 1 grill. You can cook a plethora of items ranging from tacos, cheese steaks, quesadillas, eggs, pancakes, hash browns, fried rice, assortment of Chinese dishes (beef and broccoli, Mongolian Beef, Garlic Chicken with Veggies, etc), and basically anything that could be cooked in a typical cast iron pan or skillet. It heats up bread, tortillas, and buns in a matter of seconds. The flat top itself can accommodate a lot of food at once and can cook for up to 50 people per hour at max capacity. The ability to cook multiple items on the flat top at once is especially helpful for cleaning as you won't need to have multiple cooking pans or skillets to clean up afterwards. Anyone that has the ability to use this as their main cook top should do so.
Cleaning/Maintenance: The grease catcher on this flat top is pretty decent. It is located on the bottom left hand side and all the oil/grease gets caught without anything dripping elsewhere. I usually wipe the grease catcher's orifice down with a paper towel to ensure it does not get clogged up over time. Other flat-top grills have either grease catchers that drip onto the leg of the grill or have them in the back of the flat top which is a little inconvenient getting to. As for cleaning after every use, I use a stainless steel scrapper/chopper to wipe the grill clean after I am done cooking. I scrape everything down into the grease catcher. For saucy foods or foods that might stick to the flat top, I use water when the grill is still hot to scrape it off and send it to the grease catcher. Afterwards, I put a little bit of oil onto the flat top and spread it all over using paper towels to maintain the seasoning before putting the cover on. Total clean-up time and re-seasoning takes roughly 3 minutes.
Final Verdict: If you have the capability to cook on this full-time, then I recommend doing so. You will save your kitchen and house from excess grease and smell. It can cook most items relatively fast and easy once you get accustomed to cooking on a flat top. The only thing it can't do is cook sauces or bake items. I even recommend it to folks who don't eat typical greasy foods. This requires very little oil and can use all sorts of cooking oil. All of my food dishes have been cooked well and I constantly have people asking about this flat top. Clean up is a breeze and will save you from needing to clean skillets and pans. This is an essential cookware that every household should have.