Camp Chef Woodwind Pellet Grill with Sear Box - Smart Smoke Technology - Ash Cleanout System
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- SMART SMOKE TECHNOLOGY- The digital temperature control and automatic auger feed pellets into the grill to maintain the heat for you and produce the optimal amount of smoke. Just set it and let it—no more babysitting.
- ENDLESS VERSATILITY- Grill, smoke, bake, roast, braise, and barbecue all your favorite foods with premium wood-fired flavor on a single grill. Cook how you want with a huge temperature range at your fingertips, from 160° F up to 500° F.
- HUGE COOKING AREA- 570 square inches of cooking surface area and a removable upper warming rack give you enough room to cook for the entire neighborhood. Load up the grill with whole chickens, brisket, jerky, and more.
- PATENTED ASH CLEANOUT- Cleaning between cooks is as easy as pulling a lever, thanks to the exclusive Ash Cleanout system you won’t find on any other grill. That means less time wrestling with the vacuum and more time enjoying heavenly food.
- PERFECT SEARED FINISH: The included Sear Box reaches temperatures up to 900° F for a crisp, caramelized sear. Smoke burgers, steaks, chicken, and more on the grill, then transfer to the propane-fueled Sear Box to finish.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare with similar items
Camp Chef SmokePro DLX Wood Pellet Outdoor BBQ Grill and Smoker, Bronze | PG24B
Camp Chef SmokePro SG Wood Pellet Grill Smoker, Black (PG24SG)
REC TEC Grills Trailblazer | RT-340 | Bundle | Wifi Enabled | Portable Wood Pellet Grill | Built in Meat Probes | Stainless Steel | 15lb Hopper | 2 Year Warranty | Hotflash Ceramic Ignition System
Camp Chef PG24S Pellet Grill and Smoker
Pit Boss 71820FB Pellet Grill with Flame Broiler, 820 sq. in.
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||—||Outdoor Cooking||Outdoor Cooking||REC TEC Grills||Outdoor Cooking||Amazon.com|
|Color||—||brown||Black||Black on Stainless Steel||—||Black|
|Item Dimensions||—||41.5 x 25.5 x 22.5 in||40.5 x 28 x 22 in||—||40.5 x 25 x 22 in||47.91 x 25.28 x 50.24 in|
|Item Weight||—||127 lbs||—||100 lbs||131 lbs||141.1 lbs|
|Power Source||propane, wood||pellet||electric, wood_pellet||charcoal, wood_pellet||wood_pellet||—|
Are you sick and tired of bad BBQ? Well, so are your friends, neighbors, and family members. With the Woodwind wood fire pellet grill, mediocre grilling can be a thing of the past. Put the bland chicken and burnt steak behind you, and become the grill master you were born to be. With digital temperature control, the Woodwind does all the work for you. All you have to do is turn it on, set the temperature, and let it work while you play. Which means no more babysitting! The Woodwind doesn’t just make grilling easier—it also makes it more delicious. The Woodwind is fueled by premium hardwood pellets to generate heat and smoke, infusing your food with a savory wood-fire taste that’ll make your taste buds sing. With grill temperature settings from 160° F to 500° F and the included Sear Box that reaches up to 900° F, you can achieve perfect results, whether you’re grilling, smoking, baking, roasting, braising, barbecuing, or even searing. And when you’re finished cooking, cleanup is a breeze with our patented Ash Cleanout system. Discover the heavenly taste of a wood fire pellet grill with the Woodwind. Buy now to begin your journey to grill mastery.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. I could never get my Traeger temp above 370. That's disappointing if you want to bake a pizza for example. It's simply not hot enough.
2. Because of the heat issue I couldn't sear a steak. This lack of tempurature also made it difficult to cook chicken breasts, hamburgers, dogs, etc in any kind of timely manner. This frustrated me to the point I went and bought a grill! What's the point of having an "all in one grill" if it's really just not that. It kind of defeated the purpose.
3. Lack of hopper and firebox clean out is incredibly frustrating when switching between wood types or to simply clean it.
4. Temperatures were constantly all over the place. For example, on 70-80 degree days I learned to set my controller at 180 if I wanted to cook at 225-230. It was not uncommon to see temperature swings of +/- 30 degrees. Some Traeger users will tell you "yeah but did you play with the p-settings?" Why? Why would I want to have to constantly adjust a setting to make it hold a temp within +/- 5 degrees. Let's be honest. Most people want to set it and forget it. I fall into that category. This particular problem was so frustrating I went and bought an igrill 2 to monitor the internal smoker temp. As a note to this, I also bought 3 different brand controllers to try and remedy this problem with no success. Beyond frustrating!!
So after some research I felt like I had two choices. I could either spend $1800 on a new Traeger Timberline and double down on Traeger (hoping like crazy they fixed the heat issue) or spend literally half the money and get the sure thing. And by the way, if you feel like you absolutely Must have wifi to monitor, just buy a Woodwind and an iGrill 2 (wifi enabled) and you'll still save $800!
Because I like to learn from my mistakes I decided to go with the Camp Chef Woodwind grill with Searbox and I couldn't be more pleased! I now have a single grill that will truly smoke, grill, bake, and sear! In fact, my wife and I meal prep on it! We can use the Searbox to quickly grill our chicken (4-5 minutes) while smoking pork tenderloin! Culinary multi-tasking! Gotta love that!
The competition blend pellets have an excellent flavor and when on low smoke setting, it takes that flavor deep into the meat.
I'm happy to report the Woodwind holds the temp nice and steady within 5 degrees, and aside from the initial test I haven't used my igrill since!
Long story short, buy one! You won't regret it. Traeger does a lot of things really well, but if you want better features for half the price, I'd consider a Camp Chef Woodwind. As a former longtime Traeger user, I can tell you you'll be incredibly happy with the results from your Woodwind!
1. The propane grill didn't get hot enough to sear meats effectively
2. The smoker cooked well, but the smoke flavor was minimal
The Camp Chef Woodwind grill solves both problems for me. It's the perfect outdoor cooker for people who want to cook with real smoke flavor, and don't want to have (or don't have room for) another grill.
Normal cooking with the smoker is straightforward; you fill the hopper with pellets, turn the unit on, put your food inside, and monitor your food with either the included meat probe (not the most accurate, off by 10 degrees in my case), or with your own meat thermometer/probe.
What makes this smoker unique, though, is the sear box. It runs on propane, and it gets VERY hot, VERY fast. You can easily sear meats on it, and many use the "reverse sear" method, which means to sear meats AFTER smoking them. Additionally, the sear box can be used as a small propane grill; we use it all the time for things like hot dogs and sausages.
As of this writing, the Woodwind is the top of the line from Camp Chef. I have not had to contact their customer service for anything, but I have repeatedly heard outstanding feedback on the company's determination to keep customers happy.
Called Camp Chef customer service. Had to leave a message and they called me back the next morning.
1/22 UPDATE- Camp Chef sent out new parts and a free accessory for all the hassle, will update again once they are installed.
1/25 UPDATE- New parts arrived and installed. Then I found that the grill will not light. I was really upset about the grill because I had weekend plans to use it. Left another voicemail for Camp Chef, they’re office is not open Fri/Sat/Sun.
1/26 UPDATE- Removed the hot rod so that I could see what was going on. Found they never crimped the connection. I used pliers to temporarily crimp/test, verified that was the issue.
1/29 UPDATE- Camp Chef called me and offered to send out a new grill. Fortunately all I needed was a new hot rod, so I asked them to just send the part only. They apologized and offered to send another accessory with some wood pellets to make up for all the trouble.
Their Customer Service Representative, Dixie, was very polite. She did a great job and made me feel better about all the trouble.
Most recent customer reviews
Bought this a few weeks ago and was so excited to get going on smoking.Read more