Add to your order
from Asurion, LLC $120.99
- NO ADDITIONAL COST: You pay $0 for repairs – parts, labor and shipping included.
- COVERAGE: Plan starts on the date of purchase. Drops, spills and cracked screens due to normal use covered for portable products and power surges covered from day one. Malfunctions covered after the manufacturer's warranty.
- EASY CLAIMS PROCESS: File a claim anytime online at www.Asurion.com/Amazon or by phone. Most claims approved within minutes. If we can’t repair it, we’ll send you an Amazon e-gift card for the purchase price of your covered product or replace it.
- MORE DETAILS: Additional information about this protection plan is available within the “Product guides and documents” section. Simply click “User Guide” for more info. Asurion will also email your plan confirmation with Terms & Conditions to the address associated with your Amazon account within 24 hours of purchase (if you do not see this email, please check your spam folder). Contact us if you cannot locate your plan confirmation and Terms & Conditions via email at AmazonFeedback@Asurion.com.
Camp Chef 36 in. WiFi Woodwind Pellet Grill & Smoker with Sidekick (PG14) - WiFi & Bluetooth Connectivity
Enhance your purchase
|Item Weight||193 Pounds|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||30 x 69 x 49 inches|
|Fuel Type||Wood Pellet|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- ALL NEW WIFI & Bluetooth PID controller automatically maintains cooking temperature with 4 meat probe ports, 4 meat probes, Sidekick which is compatible with Camp Chef's 14 in. accessories.
- 160 F to 500 F temperature range from slow smoking to grilling (25,000 BTU).
- Dial in your smoke level with our Smoke Control with settings 1 - 10.
- Slide and Grill technology that allows for direct flame cooking with temps up to 650 F.
- Patented Ash Kickin' Cleanout system that allows you to dump the ash after every cook.
Customer ratings by feature
We’re a passionate team of outdoor-lovers, makers, and culinary experts committed to bringing five-star flavor to the great outdoors with versatile gear that can stand up to the demands of both the backcountry and back patio foodies. The same vision that reinvented camp-cooking thirty years ago guides everything we make today, from camp stoves to pizza ovens to pellet grills. Whatever we do, we’ll never stop finding ways to help others gather outside because as food fuels our body and nature nourishes our spirit, togetherness sustains our souls.
We’ve raised the steaks in the outdoor cooking industry. So, we challenge you to ask yourself if your cooking equipment is tough enough for the task. Whether you’re barbecuing on the back patio or backpacking in Bolivia—delicious food is attainable despite your coordinates. So, get out there. Make memories with the people you love. Experience the beauty of nature. Feed your outside however you want with the durability, versatility, portability, and power of Camp Chef.
CAMP CHEF Pellet Grill
WOODWIND WIFI 36"
Want more Woodwind to love? You asked for it and we delivered—a 36-inch Woodwind. Now equipped with a PID and WIFI enabled controller, you’ll be able to change the temperature, set timers, and receive notifications when your meat reaches your set temperature—all from the palm of your hand.
Cook more food, enjoy your new-found free time, and taste the difference by customizing your Smoke Number on the Camp Chef Connect App. With the same award winning features like Slide and Grill Technology, Pellet Cleanout, Smart Smoke Technology, Ash Kickin’ Cleanout, etc. this one's a no brainer.
FEATURES & SPECIFICATIONS
- PID controller for consistent temperatures (+/- 5ºF ), Full color screen controller
- Camp Chef Connect App compatible, Smart Smoke Technology, adjustable smoke settings from 1-10
- Four stainless steel meat probes
- Slide and Grill Technology's direct flame grilling reaches 650°F
- Ash Cleanout System
- Stainless steel fire box
Each cook on your pellet grill results in the ashes from your burned pellets. With a simple pull of a knob the ashes drop from the burn cup into a removable cup on the underside of your pellet grill. Do this between each cook for an easy, clean way to flush the burner and dispose of the ashes.
PID & WIFI Controller
Camp Chef’s most feature-packed grill, making it the smartest and most versatile grill on the market. Fully equipped with our innovative PID and WIFI enabled controller, you’ll be able to stay connected to your grill using the Camp Chef app.
Slide & Grill
Flame kissed isn’t only achievable with gas and charcoal grills. With a pull of a knob you’ll be able to switch between Direct and Indirect Flame mode. A louvered drip tray allows flames to reach the bottom grill racks giving you a wider grill temperature range from 160°F to 650°F.
The Sidekick is designed to give you VersaGrillity as one of Camp Chef's single burner, 14-inch cooking systems, meaning you can add a griddle, grill, oven, stock pot, and more. The Sear Box is a master of one thing—searing. The included cast iron grill grates create beautiful sear marks and assist the Sear Box in reaching an astounding 900°F.
|Woodwind WIFI 36||Woodwind WIFI 24||Woodwind WIFI 20|
|SMOKE CONTROL + PID||✓||✓||✓|
|CAMP CHEF CONNECT APP COMPATIBLE||✓||✓||✓|
|SLIDE & GRILL TECHNOLOGY||✓||✓||✓|
|STAINLESS STEEL MEAT PROBES||4||4||4|
|ASH KICKIN' CLEAN OUT SYSTEM||✓||✓||✓|
|HOPPER CAPACITY||22 LBS||22 LBS||10 LBS|
|TOTAL COOKING SURFACE||1236 sq. in.||811 sq. in.||506 sq. in.|
Compare with similar items
Reviewed in the United States on December 21, 2019
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
So the history. When Weber first announced the Smokefire, I was in love. I watched influencer after influencer sing its praises and I just knew that I had to have one. By now, most of you will know that there are some serious mis-steps with the Smokefire, unforgivable problems, considering the price. Long story short, I returned it, but still needed a smoker with wifi. After doing hours of research, I chose the Camp Chef WIFI.
1) Quality. You'll notice the quality of the Camp Chef right away, especially compared to my 4 year old Traeger. The hood is heavier, the legs are sturdier. It's well made and seems like it will last quite a while.
2) Assembly. This wasn't as hard as it was tedious. The only issue I had was attaching the hopper lid. I know. Trust me, you'll want an extra set of hands for this step. Outside of that, easy as can be.
3) Features. Let's start with the sidekick. Camp Chef makes a number of great accessories that simply sit on top of the sidekick. There's a pizza oven (it works great), it comes with a flat-top griddle, you can add a sear box, or use it without an attachment to boil water etc. The sidekick runs on propane and has no problem reaching high temperatures. It adds so much versatility to the experience. As an example, I smoked a brisket, but made artisan pizzas in my pizza oven while I was waiting. I started pulled pork early in the morning and made fantastic breakfast sandwiches on the griddle. Do you need it? No, but it just enhances the experience.
4) Controller. The Camp Chef WIFI is a full color screen PID controller with FOUR temperature probes and the probes as included. The grill can monitor 4 distinct cooks and the large screen is easy to see. There is a nob on the side of the controller that turns clock or counter clockwise and pushes in to confirm a selection. It's simple but very effective. It controls the temperature extremely well and even allows you to adjust the intensity of the smoke from 0-10.
5) Shelves. Love the shelving layout. The bottom shelf contains three grates, the top, two grates that can be arranged in a way that either gives you twice the square footage, or gets out of the way and allows you some top shelf space while still providing enough area to cook large pieces of meat.
6) SG. This is a sear grill model meaning that the heat deflector above the fire box can be slid over so that the meat can be kissed by the flame and seared. The drip pan accommodates this with built in louvers that drain the grease while allowing flame access to the food. Brilliant. The grill reaches temps of over 500 and does so quickly.
7) Ash clean-out. Pellet grills make ash. Some brands require a tearing down of the unit in order to clean it out. It isn't the end of the world, but its tedious and messy. Camp Chef has a unique feature that drops the ash into a removable collection cup with the pull of a lever. While this isn't a substitute for a good cleaning, it certainly prevents ash from getting on your food.
8) APP. Ok. The main point in purchasing a new smoker was WIFI. The Smokefire was a bust. I own and love a Traeger, but I also wanted something bigger, with more features, that fit into my budget. The problem? The WIFI wouldn't initially connect. I did the updates, contacted customer service, all of the things and no luck. It would connect with Bluetooth, but that was it. To their credit, Camp Chef sent me a new controller and continued to work on the issue with me until it was fixed. I'm happy to report that it works great and while the app is basic at the moment, I think there is a great deal of potential for it to keep getting better.
I highly recommend this grill, you'll love it.
Using the app along with the meat probes allowed me to set it and forget it. The first trial was a 14 h. Packer which came out wonderful. Installation was easy with a extra set of hands. I have not yet used the sidekick but do look forward to it this summer.
I added some Lavalock gaskets to help seal the unit more. The only negative I have is when I open the lid there is a loud pop from the center hinge as the metal there seems to flex slightly creating an audible pop. I will have to see if I can adjust the screws there.
Edit. Removed stars due to manufacturer defect. Upper rack rail system doesnt fit rails properly. Middle section is 5/8" thinner than top and bottom.
As stated in my initial review theres a loud audible pop upon opening the lid from the middle hinge as the metal flexes. After more use I've noticed the upper racks do not fit into their rails. The edges of the cooking chamber appear to taper in slightly closing the gap to which the upper racks would slide into. It's about 1/8" too short. My current work around is to simply put the upper racks on top of the rails instead and I can continue to use. It's just a bit off putting considering the amount of $ I've spent on the product.
Edit #2. Added stars back:
Camp Chef customer service provided me with multiple options to remedy the issue in both a timely and professional manner.
A great product, well made good assembly directions (only required an allen wrench they provided and a screwdriver). It was heavy but to me a sign of being well built. The wi fi is incredible and the app works great. It only took me 1/2 second to connect the grill with the app and my wi fi. The easiest I have ever done. Cooks fantastic and comes with 4 meat probes. A truly great product.