Salon Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Russell Dickerson PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition $99.99. Limited-time offer. All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on November 1, 2010
According to Campbell's, Camden, NJ, Headquarter's Customer Service Department, I was told that sales of Campbell's Scotch Broth Soup have been discontinued in the USA.

In the New England region, I first noticed Campbell's Scotch Broth Soup disappearing from grocery store shelves during the Summer of 2010.

I soon learned that, at a 2010 annual Campbell's USA business, sales planning meeting, it was decided to discontinue distributing Campbell's Canadian made soups in the USA, that require higher priced ingredients, thus allowing for higher profit for Campbell's U.S. division.

Instead, for the U.S. market, it was decided to introduce more cheaply produced, U.S. manufactured children's theme soups, (such as Dora the Explorer), which utilize the same, cheap chicken soup base as many of their other soups, so Campbell's could grow profits at a rapid rate, well into the future.

So, you see, Maximum Profit, not popularity, is the actual reason why Scotch Broth, among other products, (such as Pepper Pot Soup), have been discontinued...Profit rules supreme at Campbell's these days. Shame on Campbell's for ruining and discontinuing a once great and complete line of products available in the USA.

But, Canadians can still buy and enjoy Campbell's Scotch Broth because, although no longer available in the USA, Campbell's Scotch Broth is still manufactured and sold in Canada, which you can see when visiting their Canadian website by googling: "campbellsoup.ca"

Why aren't Americans worthy of Campbell's better quality soups, such as Scotch Broth?
1212 comments| 168 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 6, 2015
Best soup that I ever had from Campbell. Can't buy it in the US. Not much demand for mutton I guess. Perfect combination of ingredients. Disappointed I have so much trouble buying it. Have to sign up if and when it becomes available.
on January 30, 2008
The closest this soup comes to others in the line is Vegetable Beef.

However the mutton/lamb broth elevates this way beyond that!

It is quite delicious. As a product of Campbell's Canada, it is relatively expensive. However, with Amazon free shipping, this is quite a bargain.

The broth is wonderfully seasoned.

Look up a recipe for this soup to understand that even at these prices, this is decent value for money.

UPDATE

This has been out of stock for 18 months. I cannot find it online anywhere now (2011 Spring)
on May 6, 2010
I found this soup in Palmetto, Fl,in the special request section of soups. I had given up hope that I'd ever see it again in the US. Once I even brought it back from Scotland. I love this soup!! When I moved to NC, and couldn't find it in the stores, I was so pleased to find it online at Amazon!!Thanks,Amazon!!!
Addendum: Amazon, or rather Campbell's no longer seems to make this soup. So...if you love scotch broth as much as I do, plan to make it yourself as I have done.
on July 17, 2010
Campbell's Scotch Broth is the best canned soup. This soup is hearty, tasty and nearly like home-made with meaty little chunks of lamb, barley, vegetables and a very flavorful broth. It used to be on every grocery shelf but has become nearly extinct. I was thrilled to be able to purchase from Amazon in a case of 12. Yummy!
on July 4, 2008
Campbell's Scotch Broth has been one of my favorite soups for 40 years. It has just the right balance between hearty and diet-conscious. I add half a can of water to a whole can of condensed soup and it's a delicious, filling lunch for under 250 calories.
I was disappointed when it became hard to find in grocery stores; more disappointed when Campbell's never answered more than one note asking about its availability. I assumed it was discontinued, replaced by the vastly inferior chicken/barley variety. (Something about mutton broth just can't be duplicated.) SO happy to have found it via Amazon! And the price, esp. w/ free shipping, is excellent!

If this is now just a Canadian product, I gotta say -- you folks north of the border know a good soup when you taste it, eh?
on July 10, 2008
Jonesing for Scotch Broth. I loved this soup as a kid in New England. Now I'm an adult in Oregon and I couldn't find it locally except at QFC supermarket for $2.89/can. That's $34.68 for 12 cans. Amazon was a bargain price with no shipping charges. I saved $10.00. Will order it again
Humm, Humm, Good!
on September 14, 2009
My husband has loved this soup since he was a kid and hasn't been able to get it in stores for quite some time. Apparently the soup is made in Canada and not sold very widely in the US. I was surprised when I found it for sale on Amazon! He is a happy man.
on March 5, 2013
Unfortunately, no longer available. Even called Campbell's as I could not find it anywhere and was told they stopped making it altogether. Very sad.
on November 19, 2008
We cannot find this product where we live & was so very happy to see it on Amazon. It is a very tasty broth with barley & carrots. Great for cold winter nights!!!!!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.