Oil month Automotive HPC Spring Reading Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now Start your Baby Registry

20171216: I don't like giving a rating on things the day I get them (and I generally don't find those 1st day ratings by others to be too useful).
I've used this for a few different shoots now. It is reasonably light and strong. It is nice to have the the shoes. The only drawback I've found is the size of the knobs for tightening. All in all though, very serviceable.

As of this writing, I have only attached this to a light stand, not to my camera. I can't really envision a scenario where I would put it on my camera - maybe for video. I use this primarily to hold an umbrella, one or two flashes, and an LED light so I can see (think modeling light but not built in).
on March 18, 2014
This is a quality piece of metal. I especially like the screw clamp on the cold shoes. It's faster to tighten and faster to release than the shoe mount screw.
review image
11 comment| 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
Top Contributor: Photographyon September 16, 2013
I read several reviews on this item and the item turned out to be just Perfect There are many products out there that say they can This one I call the sleeper no big boast no clamber no hoopla I guess like most things that really work Just don't have to HAY IM HERE
Built of metal with a very good coating will last a very long time . Only one thing Concerns Me Would I Place this onto My camera hot shoe with all the attachments Probably not. The hot shoe of my camera wasn't built for this in my Humble opinion. The triple hot shoe Bracket is much stronger. AHH But would it work Yes of Course it would. Then the question becomes why did you buy the thing? That's easy to use it with my camera of course but not on the hot shoe. Then how? on a secure bracket that will hold my camera and the triple hot shoe on top . C B Brackets has flash brackets without Flip feature or if you have the flip put an angle wedge securely to the flip part of your bracket. not to mention a tripod but this is fairly stationary without a dolly. Use your Imagination and you will be surprised with what presents itself. The bracket is made to last so make it work for you
on March 1, 2013
Purchased this item in order to be able to attach a michrophone, light and external monitor to my Canon 5D MkII ( as shown in the photograph). The unit is made of a very thick aluminum with three hotshoes with an adjustment screw (for securing items inserted into the shoes) and a foot with a a tightening wheel that secures the mount to the top of the camera. As an interesting aside, the mount also has a center hole with a set screw that will hold an umbrella shaft that converts the the brackel into an attachment to mount a portable flash onto a light stand. All in all the bracket is very well made and I will order several more to use in various configurations.
on April 6, 2017
Works as intended, though not completely satisfactory. I find it difficult to secure the position of the hot shoe mount at the bottom of this bracket where you would mount it on the camera. It would come loose rather easily. You could probably tighten it better with some sort of tool, but that shouldn't be necessary for this kind of product. It can hold the other items I'd like to attach to it well like the mic, camera, light, remote, etc. I also noticed that the black paint would chip off or scrape off easily. Other than that I'm ok with it and I can work with the issues.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 9, 2014
Very robust build and great quality. Two things to be aware of: When loosening the bolts to mount accessories, be cautious because hardware may fly off if fully loosened as there are springs. When there is a lot of weight mounted to it (in my case a Rode Video Mic, Sennheiser Receiver, and LED light), the base actually loosened while on the camera, so the whole entire unit spun around while mounted to the camera. To solve this, I simply superglued the base thread in place so the unit wouldn't rotate. That broke free, so I used JB weld, which has held great, and I have had no issues since. Would have given a 5 if it weren't for the base coming loose. Again, great product at a great value.
on July 15, 2016
This thing is well built and adds more versatility to my rig than any other individual accessory! I have personally used it on a light stand type tripod with an H4n on top and my Rode VideoMic Pro on the side with my 11" Imorden Articulating Arm. I could also imagine plenty of scenarios where I would use it mounted directly atop the camera as pictured. It's great to have so many mounting options on all four sides.
on June 9, 2014
The Campro Low Profile Triple Hot Shoe bracket is a great little device. It is surprisingly solidly built, but not heavy. The all-metal construction gives it the "built -to-last" feel. I wouldn't worry about this bracket buckling even with the weight of a 7 inch LCD monitor attached to it, (although I haven't tested that arrangement myself yet). I would worry more about the camera's hot shoe getting stripped from an overloaded bracket. I plan to use mine connected to both the camera's hot shoe as well as the upper rods of my rig so that the camera is anchored above and below. This should help eliminate the wobble that I get sometimes and make the rig feel a little more solid.The cold shoe clamps are spring loaded to provide resistance and insure a solid grasp on your mounted devices. There is a hole dead-center in the frame for attaching an umbrella or umbrella-type softbox if you plan to use the bracket to combine multiple flash units with the bracket mounted to a light stand. This is one of those little things in your kit that you just love because it's so darn useful and well built.
on August 31, 2017
The good: This thing seems to be extremely sturdy. I like the way the shoes are adjustable with a nob to tighten and loosen. I think it will be meeting my needs.

The semi-bad: I'm almost 100% sure that this product was used before. The baggy it came in had holes in it, and there are scuffs all over this thing. Nonetheless, there is nothing preventing it from doing it's job.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 13, 2017
This item is very well made and does the job. I use it for different jobs between photography and video. Well worth having it in your bag !