Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning animespring animespring animespring  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 211 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 224 reviews
on March 18, 2014
This is a quality piece of metal. I especially like the screw clamp on the cold shoes. It's faster to tighten and faster to release than the shoe mount screw.
review image
on January 11, 2014
I just gave a review for the 7" articulating arm, and this part of the equation is an absolute must for any good video light, mic, and monitor set-up.

When using three accessories, it is a challenge to attach them in a usable way without a bracket like this one. It's really that simple.
There are other configurations that one can use with Y brackets, but those brackets tend to not be that large, and they don't allow a lot of space between devices. If someone is just using a mic and a light, then the larger Y is usually ok.

But if you want to get your accessories away from your camera as to not record artifacts from the lens, and to get your light off- camera for a better effect, AND use a monitor -- then you need THIS bracket to do it. The reason I say that is because the core of the bracket it close to the camera, and provides far more stability than a Y bracket configuration. That articulating arm is not super light-weight and it needs something strong to attach to. This setup is the best that I have used in this class, hands down.

That being said, I am not talking about a camera bracket with rods and a follow-focus and matt box set-up. That's a completely different class of product, and not really necessary for the more casual shooter. This set-up is good for "run and gun" video where you are on the go and out of a studio or home environment and where you aren't on a tripod (although this does work just fine on a tripod set-up in a home studio-like setting).

I gave this item a 5-star rating because of it's application to video capture, it's design and its construction. This thing is SOLID. It is something that you will likely not regret getting, and it won't sit in your gear bag/closet unused if you are shooting any amount of video with accessories.

This is a good, decently-priced alternative to far more expensive solutions to the problem of how to add accessories to your set-up in a reliable way, and where you don't have to worry about them falling off providing that you make sure that your connections are tight. That's the bottom line with all of these brackets -- how tight you make your connections. Put some muscle into it.

Have fun. Brackets like these can make video shooting a lot more fulfilling because they allow you to use the necessary tools to capture good pictures -- moving or otherwise.
on April 6, 2017
Works as intended, though not completely satisfactory. I find it difficult to secure the position of the hot shoe mount at the bottom of this bracket where you would mount it on the camera. It would come loose rather easily. You could probably tighten it better with some sort of tool, but that shouldn't be necessary for this kind of product. It can hold the other items I'd like to attach to it well like the mic, camera, light, remote, etc. I also noticed that the black paint would chip off or scrape off easily. Other than that I'm ok with it and I can work with the issues.
on September 14, 2012
When the item arrived I was impressed by the build, it didn't look like much much in the photos but it's quite thick and feels more solid than bar designs that do this stuff. Remember you have a little less in the way of options for mounting (ie a microphone MUST go on top if it has shock mounts or it won't sit right (I have a Rode VideoMic Pro), and the monitor will most likely need another small arm to get it the way you want if you use it as suggested. I turned it sideways, so there was one shoe mount on top, one on front, one on the back, my monitors included little arm went into the back and now hangs over the viewfinder of my Canon 5dm2, which is perfect, and of course can be swiveled up and down. It seems to lock the mic and monitor in very well, will only say you need to screw it on TIGHT or it may swing left or right a bit, needs more traction, or maybe I've put too much weight on it. The other advantage over the bar or V style is everything stays close to the camera, less leverage ripping at the hotshoe, which is why I have this and the bar type but use this now.
on July 15, 2012
I was looking for a way to mount 2 LED lights and a RODE mic on top of my Canon 7D. This bracket is the most compact option I could find. It's also very well constructed, study, and has enough heft to it. Even if/when I'm just using one light with the mic, I still prefer this over other brackets with 2 cold shoe mounts, because with this I can keep the stereo mic centered, above the lens, in line with what the camera is recording.
The only thing is you may need to attach some kind of an angled arm to your light (like they do with the monitor in one of the product photos) if they are pretty big.
on April 22, 2017
Disappointed in this product it does not fit very well on my camera EOS 80D and isn't very user friendly. It's bulk is heavier than the camera and monitor which gives me pause to use this with both. Great idea , bad execution.
on March 1, 2017
EXCELLENT service, EXCELLENT quality. Thank you. Dougherty Technologies.
on May 27, 2016
This has worked great for attaching my LED light panel and wireless mic receiver onto the top of my camera. Exactly why I bought it.
on December 4, 2013
O.K. attachment. I have had only one opportunity to use it. It worked fine for the project. Would be nice to be able to screw bracket to a tripod and not just to the hot shoe for portrait photography.
on May 5, 2016