Industrial Deals Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon

Showing 1-10 of 17 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 121 reviews
In 2006 Jimmy Carter came out with his famous book "Palestine: Peace not Apartheid" about the situation in the occupied territories. After receiving and rebuttal-ling the criticism he decided to come out with this book. Unfortunately, although it has a different title, the book is not much different. In fact it is kind of a more drawn out but summarized version. I know this seems contradictory but I promise you if you read it, you will understand. He spends about 150 pages going over his other book describing his feelings towards Israel and then spends the last past basically bulletpointing everything that the Quartet is doing and saying it is the right way. Not really worth the money if you read Palestine Peace not Apartheid. If you are looking for a solution, this book isn't really for you. But if you like Jimmy Carter's writings, which I do for some reason, this book is for you.
on June 8, 2014
I was a kid during his Presidency and actually wore a Halloween outfit as the man during his term. However, then I couldn't tell you what his politics were and now I could care less what they were. I just know he has done a lot of good work since...that he will be known for as much as he is for his presidency. I think he is a brave man to speak up on the Isreal / Palestine issues and not take the popular side of the pair. I hope he has many more years to do the good work he does. Got this book, because I am half way through the previous one...and like it, so I got this to follow-up on his view of the issues around the Holy Land.
on April 13, 2014
Jimmy Carter wrote this to get the message out that was ignored when his more complete book "Palestine: Peace not Aparthied" was pilloried for his accurate description of the condition in the West Bank being apartheid. Although an adequate book, I very much encourage the genuinely curious to read the better book.
on February 13, 2014
this is a good book, easy read. absolutely love this author and read a lot of her books. a must read.
on July 24, 2014
This is a good book, however, it's mostly everything we know.
on September 5, 2009
Writing in his usual modest style, Nobel Peace Laureate former President Jimmy Carter lays out the history of political and diplomatic events in Israel/Palestine since 1948. In the first 12 chapters, he provides a clear and even-handed summary that favors no country--including the U.S.--over another. He makes a strong case for engaging Israel/Palestine's neighbors, Egypt, Jordan, Syria, Lebanon, in any solution of an apparently intransigent situation.He does not praise or blame, but simply lays out the facts gleaned from first-hand experience.
In the 13th chapter and the 5 enormously insightful appendices that follow, he lays out the agenda for peace. Jimmy Carter understands the deep need of both Israelis and Palestinians to live in peace and safety. He believes that the moment of decision is close, and that strong, unbiased U.S. presidential leadership willing to deal with both Fatah and Hamas is vital.Despair in lack of progress will lead to disaster: one state instead of the majority-desired two-state solution.
I am using this book for group discussion. It's great for that, although it provides no discussion guide. The 5 maps are terrific, although I would have liked more. That, and the fact that he does not mention the plight of ancient Christian communities in the region,might be the only reason not to give this book 5 stars.
on January 28, 2009
Before the revview. Dear President Carter, First, Our international bookclub sends our heartfelt sympathies on the passing of your dear friend Jody Powell. We look closer about his life and were impressed, not surprisingly with him being a friend. This research led to our curiosity about your books that we have just recently finished (these 2). We will read:Our Endangered Values: America's Moral Crisis next, and will give a review.

Now the review...

Please read book before rating. No decent persons can argue with President Carter. He is determined to make the world a safer place. To criticize him says only bad things and ill-intenciones about the lost criticizers.

Red his plan and judge for yourself for worlds safety sake.

Recommendation to leer read first:Palestine: Peace Not Apartheid, also by Carter, then this one.

President Carter writes objectively and truthfully with sensitivity for all. He is nothing less than a true gentleman and scholar. To say otherwise is wrong, as any fair-minded and rational person would agree.

Thank you President for being committed to making the world a safe and fair place for all.
on March 4, 2009
A level-headed, unbiased look at a controversial subject. I applaud Jimmy Carter for giving us a clearer picture of what has gone wrong and what needs to be done if there is ever to be peace. I just hope that The Minds will open up enough to rethink the whole situation and make an effort to cooperate. Sometimes, it seems that children can negotiate more sensibly.

While I liked the book, I was very unhappy with the UPS service. Although promised delivery in three days, it was much longer than that, due partly to UPS sending the book from California (where I live) to the East Coast first before it finally came to me.
on January 12, 2013
I am pleased with my purchase. The book is excellent, just as expected of our best presidents, Jimmy Carter. The service and delivery was outstanding, just great. Thank you very much.
on March 16, 2009
Very engaging perspective from former President Carter. I learned some things from a side other than Israel's.