Truck Reviews HPC Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now STL18_GNO

Can You Imagine Fridgigears (Original)

on February 20, 2016
We have children ages 6, 4 and 1. They love them! We spend a lot of time in our kitchen, so having them on the fridge provides hours of constructive/critical thinking play.
The pieces are all good sizes, smallest is about 2 inches wide and largest is about 5 inches wide; easy to handy and maneuver together. The magnet on each piece is larger and seems well attached, none of our have come off. The main gear piece is battery operated, so sometimes it is left on and creates a lovely white noise...A hand crank would be easier to make the gear patterns function when you want them to, but this makes it run whenever the gears are aligned correctly. A plus for little learners.

Fun toy for all ages! Adults included!
on October 3, 2013
I bought these 15 years ago for my grandkids and now for my great grandson. He really loves them! He doesn't grasp how they interact and attach to each other, but he plays with them every day. I have these with magnetic letters on my fridge and magnetic animals on my dishwasher.
One person found this helpful
on September 25, 2005
We bought this for our 22 month old daughter. Although they work great on a fridge, we also purchased several different sized magnetic dry erase boards - one to mount and smaller, portable ones. Her face lights up everytime she sees it. She loves to play with the gears and arrange them. It's also great fun just to turn (push) it on and watch them go 'round. Falls into the "man, where was this stuff when we were kids?!" category.
10 people found this helpful
on February 14, 2012
I love Fridgigears. I bought four about 4 or 5 years ago. One for myself and one for each of my kids to put on their refrigerators for their kids. They're still going strong. Every one young and old that sees them on my fridge loves them. Yes, as some reviews have stated the magnets do fall off, though not immediately as someone stated, but if you glue them back with something like Gorilla Glue, you shouldn't have much trouble. The fun they will have with this toy makes it worth having to occasionally glue them back on. I just purchased two more for my grand niece and a friend's grandson. Great toy - the kids will play with them for hours and no mess on the floor.
on November 29, 2013
I have a set at my house and since I babysit my cousin often, I bought his parents a set. He was 2 year old at that time and just loved pushing the blue gear causing all the other gears to turn. now that he is 4 he really enjoy moving them around and rearranging the other gears!
One person found this helpful
on December 23, 2013
I was quite satisfied with my purchase for my nephew's Christmas. Other brands/options has less gears, etc, but this was just right.
on January 26, 2013
My son really loves gears and magnets so I thought this would be a sure thing. We put these up and they are neat and the concept is good. It just really stinks that the stickers don't adhere very well and fall off. So you will walk in the room and find them stuck to your hardwood floor etc. And then if you have a baby like me, he picks the stickers off of the floor and tries to eat them. Needless to say, I'm not impressed
on May 22, 2015
Bad quality. All magnits fell of at same day. Throwing money on garbage.
on March 11, 2013
The stickers do not stay on the gears. The gears slide down the fridge as the magnets are not quite strong enough to resist the force of the gear movement. For $30 plus shipping, we are considering returning this product.
on December 15, 2012
i just have to say... WE LOVE THESE ... our 2 year old, 4 year old and 7 year old all love to play with these.
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.