Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis hots Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 515 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 552 reviews
on April 20, 2012
I'll save you all from the horror of a video review... First ride in these was 40 miles in the foothills. The gel padding kept me in the saddle for the entire climb - my old foam padded shorts had me begging to stand. You may want to order 1 size larger, though. The standard sizing chart does not match the chart that came with the shorts. I had to give the first pair to my smaller brother and order the next size up. When did a 34" waist become XL?
33 comments| 106 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Just got back from a 500-mile bike trip and these were the only shorts I took with me. Even on the 90-mile day, the gel padding was more than sufficient.

Reminder: The tag says machine wash cold and hang dry. (Although I generally use the dryer and have experienced no problems so far)

If you're looking for a terrific pair of cycling shorts at a great price, this is it. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
33 comments| 59 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 18, 2015
I am 5' 10" and 205 lbs. with a husky build (not thin legs and muscular upper body) and 34-35" waist, so I read the reviews and decided to go with the XL size. I find this size just a little too large. The legs do not fit snug or supportive and the waist is loose but just tight enough to stay up. I tucked my shirt in so the waist would fit tighter...I have ordered another pair at the Large size instead of XL and hoping the Large will be snug on the legs and the waist a little tighter. The material is very comfortable and the padding was about right for me.

Update: Received the Large size and this fits the waist much better than the XL, legs are snug and almost too snug at the very end. But this size fits pretty well if you are in the 34" waist range.

Latest Update: I also ordered Pearl iZUMi Men's Quest Cycling Short,Black,X-Large (XL in Pearl Izumi's is similar to Large in Canari) and even though the shorts are very close, I think the padding and fit of the Pearl Izumi's are better so for $2-3 dollars more, get the Pearl Izumi's.
on January 16, 2015
Decent product, but recommended sizing off in chart provided Had to return my large for a medium (I have a 33 inch waist).
on September 7, 2016
The letter sizing means very little. Here is the data from the manufacturer's website. Waist - Small: 28-30, Medium: 30-32, Large: 32-34, XL:36-38 XXL: 40-42 . Note the gaps in the some of the size ranges. This is incorrect in my opinion. I'm a 36 and the XL is slightly loose. There should be a 34-36 size in there and also a 38-40 size.
on June 3, 2017
My husband ordered a pair of these shorts in size XXL, he is a 42 waist and they were HUGE on him. The leg cuffs were too wide and didn't even grab his thighs. While the waist sizing was ok, they would probably fit someone with a 44in waist better. The seat of the shorts hung down so low he was constantly pulling them back up.
on March 26, 2016
I had a previous version of these shorts that I really liked. They were size medium and fit fine. When they wore out, I ordered new ones, only to find that the medium was now much larger and didn't fit, so I ordered the small. The small fits my thighs and butt fine, but the waist is a bit tight. The real problem, though, is that the gel padding is nowhere near as good as the old pairs I had. I guess these are OK for the price, but I wish they hadn't changed the design.
on May 20, 2017
I wear 35-36 waist, ordered xl per the size chart. They fit great in the waist, but are loose in the leg. I expect bike shorts to be form fitting in the thigh and to sit flat against my leg at the bottom. I actually have slack fabric at the bottom of these. However it didn't adversely affect my comfort during the ride. I wore them like a liner under my mtb baggies and didn't pay them much attention during the ride. The padding did its job. I would buy again, but would probably try a size down.
on April 15, 2016
I ordered these bake shorts to replace the ones my husband had worn holes in. They arrived on time, and were packaged as well as can be expected for the odd shape the padded seat gives the shorts.
I am pleased with the padded gel seat, as it gives more comfort than previously worn bike shorts. My husband commented on how nice the padding was after the first wear. I recommend hand wash or cold-water laundry and line dry to increase the life of the shorts. The legs have a rubberized grip that keeps them from riding up while biking. The grip is nice and doesn’t pull his leg hair.
These bike shorts are well sewn, and seams won’t be coming apart. The nylon/spandex fabric is a bit thicker than on other bike shorts, and feels more substantial.
In our experience, we find that the size is accurate. My husband is 6’4”, 200#, and has a 34/35-inch waist. Size Large fits him perfectly. The price of these bike shorts is amazing. In the past, I have paid 3 times what I paid for these, and had thin, flimsy shorts with lousy, unsupportive padding. I’ll purchase these same shorts again for him.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon September 29, 2013
These are the third pair of Canari biking shorts that I've bought for our 19 year old son. They fit with the perfect amount of snugness and the Lycra fabric seems heavy and supportive while at the same time being breathable and quick to dry.

There is a soft-silicone leg gripper at the hemline of each shorts leg in order to keep them in place. The comfort chamois crotch pad is made up of a proprietary gel system that is supposed to spread any shock throughout the entire saddle region rather than concentrating on any single area. The silicone gel will not overheat, shift, or leak like some others gel components. This bit of information about the gel I just picked up from the Canari website...but my son says that the gel pad makes a big difference over the old foam pads. According to their site, this particular gel pad is more of a moderate protection and some of their other shorts come with much heavier comfort pads for extreme endurance riding.

One other reviewer mentioned these shorts having a loose fit. That wasn't our experience...they seem to fit true to size and have the typical snug fit. Besides this traditional style of cycling shorts, our son is also happy with another type of Canari biking shorts which is more of a baggy style.

The instructions for both styles say to machine wash and hang to dry. The shorts launder well, and I've found that they actually tolerate going in the dryer just fine too.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.