Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $54.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Assassin's Creed Origins Shop Now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

Candles in the Dark
Format: Paperback|Change

on January 11, 2015
Although Amy spoke often on the topic of suffering (she was bedridden at the writing of this book), she spoke more and more frequently on the topic of love...indeed her last words were on that topic. She who suffered much, loved much...and the capacity she had for that love was enlarged by her suffering. This is a short book, packed full of wisdom by a woman who, as was spoken of another, "bled Scripture"....the Scripture she quoted was from versions of the Bible that are now unknown to us...but how beautiful they are! And they give illumination on the subtleties of meaning that we do not appreciate in our current translations. I would say that as much as it was delightful read Amy's thoughts, it was equally enlightening to read those Scriptures. A delightful book which encourages me, who knows what it is to suffer.
on January 25, 2013
I've read excerpts of this book in other Carmichael anthologies. It's great to have a copy of the complete book, to have alongside of several other works by her. This book contains short excerpts of her encouragements to others in Christ. I read a page each morning along with my other devotional materials. This one comes first.
on October 20, 2013
Amy Carmichael says what my heart wants to say but does not know how. Extremely excellent in every way. Written for those who desire a closer walk with God.
on January 27, 2017
This was a gift for someone else, but I took a quick look through and what I read I really liked. Very encouraging and I love Amy Carmichael.
on September 25, 2015
This has been a blessing to read every time and I wanted to send it on to some friends.
So good to have it in paperback with attractive cover. I am a reader of Amy C. from way back.
on September 4, 2015
Amy Carmichael is a hero
on July 13, 2015
Wonderful book
on January 2, 2011
The book was part of a Christmas exchange gift that was fought over. There are alot of great words of wisdom that will be shared throughout my family.
on December 12, 2014
A classic inspirational read
on June 29, 2016
This is a really good book to reference when you are feeling bad.