Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 203 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 248 reviews
on March 12, 2016
Great movie from Disney in the good old days. Back when Disney was great family entertainment. David Niven is wonderful as the butler and Helen Hayes at her best. About a scam artist trying find out where a treasure is in the home called Candleshoe. He finds a girl that looks like the ong lost grandchild of the old lady (Helen Hayes). Ya can't have a Disney comedy without a chase scene even if it's in an antique car. Excellent movie.
on January 10, 2016
We love these Disney classics! The prices can't be beat and love the selection. We purchased candleshoe, black beards ghost, Disney movie collection 4 with Kurt Russell, and the ugly dachshund which is my favorite. I'll be looking for more favorite classics that are great for the whole family. They don't make them like they used to! You won't be disappointed with any of these.
on July 16, 2016
A child of the streets is offered an opportunity to pretend to be the lost grandchild of a wealthy woman in order to steal her fortune. When she enters the household, she learns to love and respect the people there. Full of action, schemes and duplicity. Great actors and a great movie.
on May 22, 2016
Engaging and well-written adventure movie. Last cinema performance of the great Helen Hayes, and one of the first major roles by Jodie Foster. Great for kids and adults both. A favorite from among several great kids' movies that Disney produced in England in the 1970s. Forget princesses -- this is where it's at!
on January 25, 2017
Candleshoe was another wonderful Disney production that I first saw years ago. It is a great addition to our library.
on July 14, 2016
Perfect@@ I loved Jodie Foster as a child.in this and the story
with David Niven and Helen Hayes elevated the whole story into something you could watch over and over again.
on November 8, 2015
I enjoyed watching this movie as a child and when I saw a copy of it on DVD, I had to pick it up. Our children (9 and 4) watched it for the first time and loved it. Both go around saying, "Teddy and Piggywig" lol A must have for any DVD collection
on February 13, 2017
David Niven and the great Helen Hayes in a very underrated family film.
on September 15, 2015
Great kids' classic drama.

Pretty sophisticated mystery for kids and does not seem dated.

My 10 and 11 year olds loved it.
on August 22, 2015
One of my favorite older Disney suspense movies. I shared it with my 8 year-old granddaughter and she enjoyed it as much as I did.