Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 23 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 50 reviews
on February 28, 2017
The best caramel and fondant recipies anywhere are found in this book! Makes a great gift for someone who loves to make sweets or you can make the recipes in this book and give the sweets to your neighbors. They'll love you forever!
on April 20, 2017
This is an EXCELLENT reference for caramels (loads of variations!), fondant, fudge, truffles, and much more. In the family we've made SEVERAL, every one a winner. This is mu go-to candy book!
on January 7, 2017
This is my favorite candy making book! All the recipes work after adaptations for altitude I have used it for years and the last ones I bought were for my daughters so they each have their own
on June 29, 2011
I was already an experienced candy maker before I discovered this book. I have my own small business making fine chocolates and other delights. This book, of a couple of dozen books on candy making I own, has by far the best recipes. Pauline Atkinson mentored me after I had the great fortune to meet her; and every time I spoke with her, until her death a few years ago, she made it a point to suggest new things to try. She was always learning and then teaching what she learned. The point is, a cook book is a jumping off point for the creative cook. There are a few errors in the book, (i.e. Shirley's Wonderful Caramels needs 3 c. corn syrup and the buttermilk fudge needs a larger kettle so as not to boil over) but the recipes are basic and delicious and can be tweaked to suit your own taste and creativity. I will soon be teaching candy making classes in my candy kitchen. This book will be part of the course materials for every student!
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 23, 2017
A classic book for candymaking.
on December 11, 2009
The recipes in this book are well thought out and easy to follow. The directions are clear, and the ingredients used can be found in any supermarket. There is a good variety of different types of candy. They give good basic directions on how to test for doneness, and for adjusting for elevation differences.
on May 24, 2014
Fell in LOVE with this cookbook years ago when i bought my first copy. I have given 2 away to fellow amateur Candy Makers.
This is my copy #4. The first 2 copies I got new. The second 2 copies I got "used" but other than a few (very few) imperfections?
Both look as close to new as can be.
Thanks!!!
on November 19, 2009
Actually, I have been using the recipes from this book for years, from an older copy, and just wanted a newer one. I do chocolates for Christmas each year and this book has been a huge help. The recipes are wonderful and they give a lot of helpful advice on how to do it and how to fix the problems that you might have. There are lots of recipes for all kinds of candy, not just chocolates. This new book is beautifully done and easy to read and understand. I HIGHLY recommend this book! A great book for beginners and experienced candy makers.
on August 7, 2015
This cookbook is perfect for beginners through expert candymakers. My favorite go to book for all sorts of homemade chocolates and candies.
on December 18, 2013
I finally purchased this book. I should have got it back when I could have purchased it new. It is worth its weight in CHOCOLATE!

Lots of great recipes, tips, and good information to help you in the candymaking process.