Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 95 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 103 reviews
on January 7, 2014
I walk on snow and ice quite a bit in western Wisconsin. This gives my cane more grip and stability, making me less fearful of falling and more willing to venture out.

I couldn't quite see how it worked from the photo, but I trusted that it would swing out of the way when not needed. It does, easily.

Install it by unscrewing the curved plate and removing it from the claw foot. Perch the claw foot on the tip of your cane. I rotated it so that it would be on the outside when flipped up and not bang against my leg. Align the curved plate with the top of the claw foot and insert and tighten the screws. Simple. To raise or lower the claw, just squeeze in on the plastic knobs and swing the tip to the position you want.

You might think all this is obvious. There are, however, no directions on the package and, if you are a bit unmechanical like me, it takes a bit to figure out what to do with this thing when it arrives. The lack of directions is the only reason I took a star off.
on March 14, 2014
This device is easy to assemble. Take out the screws that are on the device when you get it with a Phillip's screwdriver. Then open and attach it to your cane with the longer screws supplied. I decided to put the spikes toward the outside of my cane so that they will not catch on to my slacks and be away from my body. The device works perfectly and is secure on ice helping everyone, young and old, to steady themselves on ice. When not in use, you can just flip the spikes up and out of the way, using then the rubber tip of the cane for walking indoors. I would like to suggest that the company make a cover that could be put on the spikes when it is not in use, perhaps something that could just be flipped down over the spikes.
on May 2, 2016
Someone stole my regular cane with this tip on it out of my car last month. Had to reorder so I could use my walking stick I just bought to replace my cane. It did add a bit of weight to my walking stick but not enough to throw out of balance. On the cane it didn't add anything. This one came really sharp!!! The previous one needed sharpening. Now I can walk outside in the muddy yard with no problems at all on my 50" Walking stick!!! Well worth the money. It really makes a difference in the snow and ice as well as I did find out last winter. I used this ice gripper at least 30 times last winter taking out the junk to the curb, etc. Walking around in the yard in the snow, ice, mud, etc. The one with the single point is not as effective as this 5 pronged model. The single point does not grip....this does.
on December 28, 2010
Nice for walking on ice. Easy flip up. I dug them in a couple of patches of ice, the prongs held up. As far as the other comments on the prongs can get stuck on pant leg, attach it so the prongs are on the outside of cane. And as far as it being an eye sore, I painted the whole attachment to match my cane color. That took care of that. Here is what you do folks when your walking in snow or ice. Wear spiked rubbers for under 4" of snow. Wear spiked boots for deep snow. When there is ice, wear Ice Trekkers. It slips over your sneakers and you won't slip.
on March 22, 2017
Go figure we have no snow or ice to test the product. Looks like I will have to wait till next year. I bought it because a friend had purchased it. She said, it worked great. She felt more assured in her walk.
on December 18, 2013
I am very pleased with this cane tip. It was very easy to attach and moves easily from working to non working position. I highly recommend anyone who depends on a cane. I used the longer set of screws to attach to my "Drive" folding cane. I felt the longer screws would be less likely to work themselves loose during use. Take time to adjust this so the "teeth" are just under the existing tip for maximum security. The item was shipped quickly and arrived in good condition.
on November 25, 2013
I need a cane for all walking. When I encounter icy spots I simply lower this device and the prongs dig in and give me stability. I have put one on all my canes. Fits on all types, at least the ones I have which are the break-down type.
on February 23, 2014
This is a great gadget. It's so much easier to walk with a cane in snow & ice with this. I've been telling everybody with a cane about it & telling them to get it on Amazon. It is by far one of the best things I've ever bought.
I reccomend it to everybody with a cane who lives in a snowy & icy place.
I only wish I had it much sooner as I've been using a cane for about 10 years. I can't believe how much easier it is to walk with it.
on March 15, 2017
Looks like what is advertised. Haven't tried it but will next year when ice and snow come.
on December 31, 2016
makes me feel safer when walking on ice and snow. a good buy & fits all canes. if you are hesitant to go out in bad weather or walk on icy, snow covered sidewalks & parking lots, do get one. easy to snap ice gripper up when not in use.