Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
The first thing that sets Cannibal Terror apart from other films in the genre is that its a Spanish/French co-production. This proves that cannibal exploitation films should be left to the Italians as this shameful bandwagon effort is an insult to people looking for a bloody, exploitative good time.
Cannibal films aren't known for great plots this film literally has no plot. Some lowlife criminals kidnap a girl and run into Cannibals in a jungle. Almost the entire film is filler with pointless, boring dialogue. There is only two gore scenes but nothing viewers haven't seen in this genre before and better. The wost aspect of the film is the cannibal tribe itself as they don't even look like jungle tribal members. It's a bunch of extras from all different races and hairdos. Some of the tribal members are fat, middle aged white men and there is even one tribal member with 70's style sideburns!
I do not recommend buying this film. I got sent this film as a free promo by Severin films and I thank God every day that I didn't pay a dime for it. Only buy if your an absolute completest or you are into torturing yourself.
As for the DVD itself....Severin did a tremendous job at transferring this dreadful film. This transfer is TOO GOOD for this film. The only special features to speak of are are a "deleted scene" and a trailer.
It's a somewhat watchable movie. You want to keep watching in hopes that something extra cool will happen. It never does.
The DVD version is very clean and crisp and that helps. It's just not a very exciting movie. It could have been a decent cult kind of cannibal movie if the pace and editing of the movie had a little help. Some scenes just drag on way too long. Not scenes with people talking. Scenes of the woods and people walking. The same overhead shot of a bunch of trees is shown several times. Folks walking through the woods. Zzzzzzzzz. Wake me up when someone is being eaten!
The ending is very stupid and unexciting.
1. The voice of the little girl is dubbed by an adult woman so obviously and badly, that even the overdub often steps on the lines of other actors.
2. The scene in which a woman is tied to a tree and raped, but is soon afterwards (like an hour or so) stripping and dancing at a drunken party is just shows a total lack of thought going into the plot (or lack of same).
3. The only gore footage is not only used twice, but is obviously the body of a roasted pig or similar animal and not a human. Even at a glance, this "shocking" footage is as fake as breast implants.
4. The "cannibals" are clearly contemporart city dwellers (witness the hair styles) and seem to have been instructed to make goofy faces whenever possible, greatly diminshing whatever threat they supposedly pose.
5. They also seem to make a ritual habit of hopping in place around a fire for long periods of time just before eating. No, I'm not kidding.
6. The plot also seems to imply that the cannibals only eat "bad" people, like the criminals who kidnapped the little girl. Good to know that apart from the whole eating people thing, their morals are pretty solid.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Two petty thieves and a prostitute (?) decide they want to strike the big one. They kidnap a young girl and fly off to a safe house in the grasslands of South America where the... Read morePublished 2 months ago by The Movie Guy
Yes, this movie deserves bad reviews. It's not super gory, nor is it well shot or scary. But it's sort of like a funny b-movie. Read morePublished on April 22, 2014 by B-Movie Man