Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Echo $129.99 All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis B06ZY5XM7W Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 279 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 305 reviews
on July 27, 2016
I've been using this light for a few weeks, and the one problem I have with it is really a problem with my safe. I have a Stack-On combination lock safe, and the dial is very shiny brass with no paint on the markings. This light is a single, red LED, and it glitters off the engraved dial, so I can hardly read the markings, with or without glasses. I find myself watching the next number come around on the dial and guessing that it must be under the index mark about now. That works, usually.
None of this is a problem if your lock is black with white markings, or just about anything other than unpainted, shiny metal. Just last night it occurred to me to put a strip of Scotch tape over the LED to spread the light. It's much better now.
Installing and using the light is absolute simplicity. The back of it is a magnet, and the front of your safe is steel. Slap the light onto the safe above the dial, and you're finished with installation. Press the button in the center, and the light shines - you have just operated it. it stays on for about two minutes, long enough to open the safe, take something out, lock it, remember what else you were going to get, and open the safe again.
Tonight I'm going to replace that strip of tape with a little strip of waxed paper and new tape to hold it on, and I think I'll be able to stop whining about the shiny dial forever.
on December 2, 2014
There are a lot of haters in the reviews for this item and most of them are complaining if you have a chrome/gold dial then this light is worthless.

I have a gold dial and after reading those reviews I went and looked for other solutions and there aren't a whole lot. So for the money I decided to take the chance and pick one up. All the reviews are correct. If you have a gold or chrome dial on your safe the reflection off the dial does not allow you to see the numbers. So I guess the next questions is why? The answer is the light is too bright for its own good.

So how do we fix that problem? Just like with a camera we add a filter. Tape a sheet of printer paper over the light and it will works perfectly. There will be more than enough light coming through the paper to let you see the numbers on your dial without the massive glare.

Problem solved – Product works perfect with a small free modification.
on November 2, 2015
Just got it, so I cannot speak to durability, however the light works perfectly. Torturous blister packaging, but once extracted you simply slide back cover off and insert the included battery then stick it on the safe. Magnetic backing works well and it stays secure on my Cannon. Note that there is a bit of glare if your room is dark, but that should be expected with chrome dials and using a security ring. Face dials or white on black dials are probably less effected by the glare. Other reviews are correct in that you cannot turn off the light, it will turn itself off after a reasonably short period of time.
review image
on February 26, 2014
I was looking for a light for my mechanical safe, as my safe is tucked away is a closet and it is hard to see the numbers even when the room lights are on. This does an adequate job illuminating the dial, and looks good too. When you press the light button, the red LED light stays on for 2 minutes and then automatically shuts off, there is no "off" button. The magnet is a little weak, it is the flexible sheet type of magnetic material one would see on business cards. This does hold the light in place, but it is easy to move with the slightest bump, however I think this is touted as a feature so one can remove the light and use it as a flashlight to see the inside the safe after it is opened in the dark.

Pros: Works well, Looks good(matches the safe) Battery included!
The cons are more like improvements that could be made, as this product still functions well. Stronger magnet, & "off" button.
on June 5, 2012
For those times when you have to get into that vault in the dark or low light, this magnet mounted light is a must. It is designed to hug the cylinder of a mechanical lock and contoured to do so flawlessly, shining a red light ( to guard one's nightvision ) to illuminate the numbers for the fastest unlocking possible. There is no white light and none needed, as a mistake with the wrong illumination source could prove disasterous for the defender at this crucial moment in time.
Speaking of time, this light has an on/off timer of about 2 minutes, cutting off without any attention from the user, and conserving the life of the battery ( included in the package with this light ). The magnetic mount is not overly strong, but, due to the contour of the base, is more than adequate for the task and stays put rather well. As noted by another reviewer, this is for a mechanical lock; an electronic lock has a different face construction and angle of view, and needs a different safe light, also made by this company ( the two are not interchangable, so be aware of what you have before ordering ).
Overall, for what it does and the price offered on this site, it rates a solid 5 stars, or a full ' 10 '.
Hopefully, you will never have to use it; if you do need it, it's there, just in case.
on January 19, 2014
This is a good light for a dial opening gun safe. Magnet holds firmly in place and the red light is bright enough to see the numbers as that are coming around. I would give this product five stars but there is no battery installation instructions, it slides apart from top to bottom also it's packaging say's it can be used as a flashlight, absolutely as a last ditch light source. Not too bright, its design is for a 2 inch illumination and it does this well but flashlight "not". Finally the red light is eye friendly, will not disrupt night vision which is a big plus.
on January 26, 2016
These are made rather cheaply. I bought 3. Two of the 3 didn't work correctly. One of those we got to work, but the other one no luck yet. The switch is the problem. Poor value. Will probably return the one. Nice idea and when they work it is nice to have. You would think a brand name like Cannon would be put together better.
on April 15, 2017
It's ok but not too good on my safe because it doesn't extend far enough out to illuminate the numbers and the pointer.the pointer is shadowed by the edge of the dial.kind of important thing to see in the dark.ill probably try to rig something to fix it
on October 21, 2013
I should have heeded the other reviews as the red led is not good at all on a chrome safe combination dial. I tried to scotch tape it and masking tape as others have tried but no matter what I have to pull out my trusty magnetic $3 white LED light to actually see the numbers and markings. Sure wish they had a two position switch to select white or red LED or even offer a white light model. I love the size, shape, look and strong magnet so I am going to keep it and possible install a white LED myself. As others have complained, I fully agree that the packaging should tell you how to open it up to install the battery. I had to search for the answer. It is easy enough (hold it tight and push UP on the front panel to slide it off to install the battery. This is just not intuitive at all. C'mon Cannon, put a line of text on the packaging or even a little slip of paper telling you how to open it up. So close to perfection guys, make it happen! I am sure it would be great for a black dial with white numbers/markings. If you have chrome, skip this for a solution.
on June 17, 2016
It takes longer to get this out of the package than it does to put the included battery in and stick it to the safe. It couldn't be simpler or easier and it works. It provides a low intensity, red, LED light that is adequate to see the dial even with my tired, old eyes. The a single press of the button leaves the light on for two minutes, more than enough time to dial the combination. The package says that the battery lasts for more than 750 activations. Since this is an emergency light, I'll probably have to replace the battery just because it gets old, long before I completely discharge it from activating the light. The CR2032 is a very common and inexpensive battery so it won't cost much when you need to replace it in about 5 years.