Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM Fixed Lens for Cano..." and save 43% off the $599.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
4-Year Camera Accidental Protection Planfrom Warrantech
- Includes Parts and Labor Plus Accidental Damages Caused by Drops and Spills
- No Deductible, Fully Transferable at No Additional Cost
- Plan Delivered by E-mail, Register and File Claims Online or by Phone
- Excludes Aerial Drones and Radio Controlled Devices
- See Product Description for details including limitations and what is not covered
Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM Fixed Lens for Canon SLR Cameras
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 100mm macro USM lens with f/2.8 maximum aperture for Canon SLR cameras
- Focal length: 100mm, Closest focusing distance : 1 foot (film plane to subject)
- Secondary diaphragm blocks stray light at f/2.8 for increased contrast, Ultra-sonic monitor provides outstanding autofocusing speed at all distances
- 3-group floating system for exceptional close-up performance; full-time manual focus
- Measures 3.1 inches in diameter and 4.7 inches long; weighs 21.1 ounces; 1-year warranty
- Lens not zoomable
|Lens Compatibility Information: Canon EF-S lenses are only compatible with APS-C sensor DSLR cameras. Canon EF lenses are compatible with Canon full-frame and APS-C DSLR cameras.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare with similar items
Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro Lens for Canon Digital SLR Cameras
Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM Lens
Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM Fixed Lens for Canon SLR Cameras
Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Macro Lens for Canon SLR Camera
Canon EF 100mm f/2 USM Lens
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||SDC Photo||Amazon.com|
|Compatible Camera Mount||Canon EF||Canon EF||Canon EF||Canon EF-S||Canon EF||Canon EF|
|Focus Type||Ring-type ultrasonic||Ring-type ultrasonic||Stepper motor||Ring-type ultrasonic||Ring-type ultrasonic||Ultrasonic|
|Item Dimensions||2.13 x 2.99 x 2.13 in||3.07 x 4.84 x 3.07 in||2.72 x 1.54 x 2.72 in||2.87 x 2.76 x 2.87 in||3.07 x 5 x 3.07 in||2.95 x 2.91 x 2.95 in|
|Item Weight||1.32 lbs||1.38 lbs||—||0.74 lb||2.5 lbs||1.01 lbs|
|Lens Type||Prime lens||Prime lens||Prime lens||Prime lens||Prime lens||medium-format|
|Maximum Focal Length||100 millimeters||100||50 millimeters||60 millimeters||105 millimeters||100 millimeters|
|Minimum Focal Length||100 millimeters||100||50 millimeters||60 millimeters||105 millimeters||100 millimeters|
|Photo Filter Thread Size||58 millimeters||67 millimeters||49 millimeters||52 millimeters||62 millimeters||58 millimeters|
L1) CANON 100MM F/2.8 MACRO USM EF
From the Manufacturer
Bring small things into full-sized view with the Canon EF 100mm macro USM lens. Macro lenses can uncover detail that would be impossible to detect by the eye and give new perspective to extremely minute subjects such as insects or the petals of a small flower, and this lens is no exception. The lens offers such features as a three-group floating system for exceptional close-up performance; a secondary diaphragm that blocks stray light at f/2.8, which increases contrast when shooting wide open; a ultra-sonic monitor (USM) that provides outstanding autofocusing speed at all focusing distances; a wide manual focusing ring with smooth action; and full-time manual focus even in AF mode. The first lens in its class to feature inner focusing, the lens carries a one-year warranty.
- Focal length: 100mm
- Maximum aperture: 1:2.8
- Lens construction: 12 elements in 8 groups
- Diagonal angle of view: 24 degrees
- Focus adjustment: Inner focusing system with USM
- Closest focusing distance: 1 foot (film plane to subject)
- Filter size: 58mm
- Dimensions: 3.1 inches in diameter, 4.7 inches long
- Weight: 21.1 ounces
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- long focal length (160mm equivalent on crop body)
- wide aperture
- beautiful bokeh
- lovely build quality
- fast, silent, very accurate focusing
- amazing IQ
- no distortion As Far As I Can Tell
- little or no chromatic aberration
- very sharp throughout
- oh, and it also does lovely Macro
- no IS
Seriously, that's pretty much the only con I can really attribute.
If you consider purchasing this lens consider that it has no IS which can limit it's hand held use to brighter situations, longer exposures or high ISO. Also note that the Macro functions wide open will have an extremely shallow depth of field. I find that stopping down to around f/8 makes this lens much easier to use, and produces just beautiful, perfectly sharp pictures.
If you're looking for a very fast, long lens with great image quality with the great addition of Macro, then this is the lens foe you.
I've used this lens for some great macro shots, even hand held. But my favorite use is portraits. I got to shoot some concerts from close to the stage with this lens (some wide open) and this lens performed above and beyond what I had hoped for. Focus was on the money for 98% of shots ( I don't want to risk saying all of them). Sharpness was stunning even wide open. Color rendition was bright and gorgeous.
I love this lens, and I will stop talking about it now because I will probably shed tears of joy.
Just want to say, this is definitely my new favorite lens, and I can easily see it being so for a very long time.
1. Sharpness 2. Weight 3.Size. The sharpness is unbeatable 10/10, The weight is just right for use without a monopod, and the size is perfect, I don't like standing out if I go to a event and want some pics. I would suggest you get a hood for this. Another strong point of this lens is the bokeh which looks great in my portraits. The next lenses I like are $1500 and above so you can't beat this price for the quality. Attached is one of my portraits.
Zabu | email@example.com
We have taken around 500 shots with this lens and can vouch for low distortion and chromatic aberration (although the camera has built in compensation). Pictures are very sharp and the MTF seems to be a close match for the camera sensor.
Thoroughly recommended as a budget buy for a high quality 100mm reasonable fast Macro lens.