Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM Fixed Lens for Cano..." and save 49% off the $599.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
4 Year Asurion Camera Accident Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Cover drops, spills, cracked screens along with electrical and mechanical issues
- Accidents happen - Be Prepared - Your coverage starts immediately
- If we can't fix it, we will issue you an Amazon Gift Card for full replacement value
- No deductibles or additional fees. Easy claims online or by phone. Contract is emailed to you within hours of your purchase.
- Fully Transferable. 100% refund within first 30 days
Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM Fixed Lens for Canon SLR Cameras
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 100mm macro USM lens with f/2.8 maximum aperture for Canon SLR cameras
- Focal length: 100mm, Closest focusing distance : 1 foot (film plane to subject)
- Secondary diaphragm blocks stray light at f/2.8 for increased contrast, Ultra-sonic monitor provides outstanding autofocusing speed at all distances
- 3-group floating system for exceptional close-up performance; full-time manual focus
- Measures 3.1 inches in diameter and 4.7 inches long; weighs 21.1 ounces; 1-year warranty
- Lens not zoomable
|Lens Compatibility Information: Canon EF-S lenses are only compatible with APS-C sensor DSLR cameras. Canon EF lenses are compatible with Canon full-frame and APS-C DSLR cameras.
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Special offers and product promotions
|Aperture Control Design||Aperture controlled by camera|
|Compatible Lens Hood Part Number||ET-67|
|Compatible Mountings||Canon EF|
|Focus Type||Ring-type ultrasonic|
|Included Components||Front & Rear Lens Caps|
|Item Dimensions||2.13 x 2.13 x 2.99 inches|
|Item Display Weight||816.4 grams|
|Item Weight||1.32 pounds|
|Lens Type||Prime lens|
|Macro Focus Range||0.31 m|
|Material Type||Plastic barrel, Metal mount|
|Maximum Aperture Range||F2.8|
|Maximum Focal Length||100 mm|
|Maximum Format Size||35mm full frame|
|Minimum Focal Length||100 mm|
|Number of Diaphragm Blades||8|
|Number of Elements||12|
|Number of Groups||8|
|Photo Filter Thread Size||58 mm|
|Real Angle Of View||24 Degrees|
|Shipping Weight||1.55 pounds|
|Style Name||Lens Only|
Compare to similar items
This item Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM Fixed Lens for Canon SLR Cameras
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Compatible Camera Mount||Canon EF||Canon EF||Canon EF-S||Canon EF||Canon EF||Canon EF|
|Focus Type||Ring-type ultrasonic||Ring-type ultrasonic||Ring-type ultrasonic||Ultrasonic||Manual, Automatic||Ring-type ultrasonic|
|Item Dimensions||2.13 x 2.99 x 2.13 in||3.07 x 4.84 x 3.07 in||2.87 x 2.76 x 2.87 in||2.95 x 2.91 x 2.95 in||3.15 x 3.7 x 3.15 in||3.07 x 5 x 3.07 in|
|Item Weight||1.32 lbs||1.38 lbs||0.74 lb||1.01 lbs||1.42 lbs||2.5 lbs|
|Lens Type||Prime lens||Prime lens||Prime lens||medium-format||Wide-angle lens||Prime lens|
|Maximum Focal Length||100 millimeters||100||60 millimeters||100 millimeters||14 millimeters||105 millimeters|
|Minimum Focal Length||100 millimeters||100||60 millimeters||100 millimeters||14 millimeters||105 millimeters|
|Photo Filter Thread Size||58 millimeters||67 millimeters||52 millimeters||58 millimeters||—||62 millimeters|
L1) CANON 100MM F/2.8 MACRO USM EF
From the Manufacturer
Bring small things into full-sized view with the Canon EF 100mm macro USM lens. Macro lenses can uncover detail that would be impossible to detect by the eye and give new perspective to extremely minute subjects such as insects or the petals of a small flower, and this lens is no exception. The lens offers such features as a three-group floating system for exceptional close-up performance; a secondary diaphragm that blocks stray light at f/2.8, which increases contrast when shooting wide open; a ultra-sonic monitor (USM) that provides outstanding autofocusing speed at all focusing distances; a wide manual focusing ring with smooth action; and full-time manual focus even in AF mode. The first lens in its class to feature inner focusing, the lens carries a one-year warranty.
- Focal length: 100mm
- Maximum aperture: 1:2.8
- Lens construction: 12 elements in 8 groups
- Diagonal angle of view: 24 degrees
- Focus adjustment: Inner focusing system with USM
- Closest focusing distance: 1 foot (film plane to subject)
- Filter size: 58mm
- Dimensions: 3.1 inches in diameter, 4.7 inches long
- Weight: 21.1 ounces
Top customer reviews
1. Sharpness 2. Weight 3.Size. The sharpness is unbeatable 10/10, The weight is just right for use without a monopod, and the size is perfect, I don't like standing out if I go to a event and want some pics. I would suggest you get a hood for this. Another strong point of this lens is the bokeh which looks great in my portraits. The next lenses I like are $1500 and above so you can't beat this price for the quality. Attached is one of my portraits.
Zabu | email@example.com
that "macro look" that makes you say "Oooh, Ahhh"
I had to boost in-camera settings quite a bit to get the contrast and color that I wanted. I gave those attributes 3/5 stars but that feels somewhat generous. I will admit however, that I am still getting to know this lens and it is a little tricky, especially if you have not done much macro photography. Don't expect to rely on the auto focus to catch those scurrying ants and bees, that requires instinct and practice. Also, I found the lens to be somewhat heavy and could stress my wrist after a long time with it. Ideally for those unique macro shots it could be a shorter/more compact shape but that is a minor complaint. Lots of lens flare/ glaring.
Why I got it: There are a few other good Canon options out there for macro, but this lens is the one that will cross you over into wonderful portraits as well. Likewise, you can point it at a pair of jeans and be amazed by the fibers you will see, or point it at a red ant and look at the tiny hairs on its head. It was easy to use the lens handheld for bugs and flowers (even in overcast lighting). I do not regret this purchase at all. I really wanted the Canon 65mm Macro lens, but I feel that for the price, this lens will curb my need for macro for the time being. I still want a ring flash for the end of it, and I purchased a very cheap tulip lens cover for it. I'm a photographer on a budget. I think you will find that you can really push this lens to capture the crispness and detail that you are looking for.
Sum up: You wont regret this lens if you are looking to delve into the world of macro and enjoy some wonderful portrait work as well. Best if you have some sort of editing program (like photoshop) to boost up the colors and contrast.
(The photographs are for example only and are intended to assist you in your decision on purchasing this lens)