- Receive a free 8x11 Shutterfly Photo Book promo code via email with select digital camera, lens, sports & action camera, network attached storage, external hard drive, or memory card purchase. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Canon EF 24mm f/2.8 IS USM Wide Angle Lens - Fixed" and save 30% off the $599.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Canon EF 24mm f/2.8 IS USM Wide Angle Lens - Fixed
|Price:||$549.00 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$50.00 (8%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Focal length and maximum aperture: 24mm 1:2.8
- Lens construction: 11 elements in 9 groups
- Diagonal angle of view: 84 Degree
- Rear focusing system with USM focus adjustment
- Closest focusing distance: 0.25m/0.82 ft.
- Lens not zoomable
|Lens Compatibility Information: Canon EF-S lenses are only compatible with APS-C sensor DSLR cameras. Canon EF lenses are compatible with Canon full-frame and APS-C DSLR cameras.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
|Aperture Control Design||Aperture controlled by camera|
|Compatible Mountings||Canon EF|
|Focus Type||Ring-type ultrasonic|
|Item Dimensions||2.68 x 2.68 x 2.2 inches|
|Item Display Weight||0.01 pounds|
|Item Weight||0.62 pounds|
|Macro Focus Range||0.20 m|
|Manufacturer Warranty Description||1 year limited|
|Material Type||Plastic barrel, Metal mount|
|Maximum Aperture Range||F2.8|
|Maximum Focal Length||24 mm|
|Maximum Format Size||35mm full frame|
|Minimum Focal Length||24 mm|
|Number of Diaphragm Blades||7|
|Number of Elements||11|
|Number of Groups||9|
|Photo Filter Thread Size||58 mm|
|Shipping Weight||0.45 pounds|
|Style Name||EF Fixed Focus Lens|
|Zoom Type||motorized zoom|
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Canon EF 24mm f/2.8 IS USM Wide Angle Lens - Fixed
Canon EF-S 24mm f/2.8 STM Lens B00NI3BZ5K
Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM Lens B00X8MRBCW
Canon EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM Lens B00K899B9Y
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Compatible Mountings||Canon EF||Canon EF-S||Canon EF||Canon EF-S|
|Dimensions||2.68 inches x 2.2 inches x 2.68 inches||2.68 inches x 0.91 inches x 2.68 inches||2.72 inches x 1.54 inches x 2.72 inches||2.95 inches x 2.83 inches x 2.95 inches|
|Item Weight||0.62 pounds||0.28 pounds||0.35 pounds||0.53 pounds|
|Lens||wide-angle||Prime lens||Prime lens||wide-angle|
|Maximum Aperture||2.8||Information not provided||5.6 f||4.5 f|
|Max Focal Length||24 mm||24 mm||50 mm||18 mm|
|Min Focal Length||24 mm||24 mm||50 mm||10 mm|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
From the Manufacturer
EF 24mm f/2.8 USM
The Canon EF 24mm f/2.8 IS USM lens is the ideal entry focal length into the world of ultra wide-angle photography. A compact, fixed focal length 24mm lens equipped with Canon's Optical Image Stabilizer technology that offers up to 4 stops of shake correction along with a ring-type USM and advanced CPU with optimized AF algorithms for fast auto focusing. Full time manual focus feature is available for manual focusing even while in AF mode while a minimum focusing distance of 0.66 ft (0.20m) offers dramatic wide-angle images. Aspherical lens elements help improve image quality on the periphery while a 7-blade circular aperture diaphragm delivers beautiful, soft backgrounds. Lens coatings are also used to help minimize ghosting and flares. Offering spectacular image quality, silent and smooth operation in a compact body, it's the ideal lens for capturing both stills and video.
Please be advised that when EF 24mm f/2.8 IS USM is used with EOS-1D Mark IV, the firmware of the camera should be updated to version 1.1.1 or later. The firmware is to be released in March 2012. The update helps to optimize the exposure accuracy.
- Focal Length & Maximum Aperture: 24mm, 1:2.8
- Lens Construction: 11 elements in 9 groups
- Diagonal Angle of View: 84Â°
- Focus Adjustment: Inner focusing system with USM
- Closest Focusing Distance: 0.20m / 0.66 ft.
- Filter Size: 58mm
- Max. Diameter x Length, Weight: 2.69 x 2.19 in., 9.9 oz. / 68.4 x 55.7mm, 280g
Read about our customers' top-rated lenses and cameras on our review pages: Lenses, Digital SLR Cameras, Compact System Cameras
Top Customer Reviews
A quick note about me: I have been into SLR cameras and lenses for more than 20 years - as a hobby in the beginning and professionally later. Maybe because of my technical background I started testing my own lenses quite a while ago. I have a (no longer so) little test lab of my own where I do 6 different image quality tests (after taking a lens out for a while).
The EF 24mm f/2.8 IS USM is a compact and well-built prime lens with a nice wide-angle focal length, a good maximum aperture and a modern image stabilizer that compensates up to 4 f-stops. While the image stabilizer sounds great one has to consider that it's not as necessary in wide-angle lenses as it is in telephoto lenses - but I still appreciate it. The lens is best used indoors or for architecture and landscape photography. When using the lens with an APS-C camera the resulting effective focal length of 38mm is somewhere in between a wide-angle and a standard / normal lens and thus can be used for a whole variety of things.
The lens offers good image quality - sharpness is great straight from f/2.8 and there is only a small amount of barrel distortion visible. My lab tests have shown that color fringes ("Chromatic Aberrations") both in focused parts ("Transverse CA") of the image and in out-of-focus areas ("Axial CA") are visible but compared with its immediate peers the lens's performance is quite respectable. There is no curvature of the focal plane ("Field Curvature") but corner shadows ("Vignetting") are very intense and they are visible even stopped-down.
The EF 24mm f/2.Read more ›
* Physical construction is really solid. Perhaps shy of an "L" series, but much better than the Canon 50mm at f1.4, for example.
* This lens is tack sharp! Not quite to the color standard of the Canon 24mm f1.4 "L" (via direct comparison), but a negligible difference.
* Image stabilization works wonders, especially at around 1/30th of a second shutter. I hear a lot of people talk about how wide focal lengths, such as the 24mm don't need IS. It is true that wide angles marginalize the shake, but from a video point of view, IS is necessary. Also, stabilization software seems to struggle with focal lengths below 50mm. An additional reason to purchase an IS lens.
* The focus is quick, but shifts fields like crazy on my Canon 5d Mark 2-which has an okay focusing system. Not sure if the lens or camera is to blame?
* Depending upon your in-camera contrast setting, vignetting is the biggest draw back I have encountered with this lens-It is rather strong at f2.8.
* All things considered, a much better value than the 24mm f1.4 "L". However, I think the price tag is a touch high, especially if you don't need the IS. Adorama sells this lens, sans tax.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I have been so happy with the new Canon 35mm f2.0 IS that I decided to go with this one as well. I have been shooting more video handheld and the IS really does work! Read morePublished 10 days ago by Ziggy Valencia
it's just always on my camera now. it turns my canon t3i into an adorable little point and shootPublished 14 months ago by Judy Sherman
Super sharp, small, and with IS!!! This lens is great for so many purposes. I used it on a crop sensor Canon Rebel camera, and it was plenty wide enough for most uses. Read morePublished 18 months ago by B. Roberts
I adore this little lens. As others have already stated, it's sharp and renders colors beautifully. I've had the opportunity to use it in a few weddings, maternity shoots, and... Read morePublished 20 months ago by Alan Q
I upgraded from the older Canon EF 24mm. I have informally "tested" them side by side. This newer version is sharper with better contrast and color at all apertures in all areas... Read morePublished 20 months ago by Rick Scarborough
Had this lens for a little over a month. The wider angle helps me get entire interior rooms of the house in a single shot. Read morePublished 22 months ago by Phillippia