Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Canon 2562A002 EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Standa..." and save 67% off the $479.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Canon 2562A002 EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Standard Zoom Lens for Canon SLR Cameras
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Ring-type USM adjustment system for swift, silent autofocusing and full-time manual focus
- Close focusing distance of 20 inches; 75- to 18-degree diagonal angle of view
- Measures 3.1 inches in diameter and 3.8 inches long; weighs 18.9 ounces; 1-year warranty
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Special offers and product promotions
|Aperture Control Design||Aperture controlled by camera|
|Compatible Lens Hood Part Number||EW-78BII|
|Compatible Mountings||Canon EF|
|Focus Type||Ring-type ultrasonic|
|Image Stabilization||Built in gyro sensors|
|Included Components||Front & Rear Lens Caps|
|Item Dimensions||6.42 x 4.41 x 4.61 inches|
|Item Display Weight||540 grams|
|Item Weight||1.19 pounds|
|Macro Focus Range||0.50 m|
|Manufacturer Warranty Description||1 year limited|
|Material Type||Plastic barrel, Metal mount|
|Maximum Aperture Range||F3.5 - F5.6|
|Maximum Focal Length||135 mm|
|Maximum Format Size||35mm full frame|
|Minimum Focal Length||28 mm|
|Number of Diaphragm Blades||6|
|Number of Elements||16|
|Number of Groups||12|
|Photo Filter Thread Size||72 mm|
|Real Angle Of View||76|
|Shipping Weight||1.5 pounds|
|Zoom Type||motorized zoom|
Compare to similar items
This item Canon 2562A002 EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Standard Zoom Lens for Canon SLR Cameras
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||DIGITALUNIVERSE||Amazon.com||Eternal Photo||Photo king||Abe's Electronics Center|
|Compatible Mountings||Canon EF||Canon EF||Canon EF||—||Canon EF||Canon EF-S|
|Focus Type||Ring-type ultrasonic||Stepper motor||Stepper motor||manual_only||Ring-type ultrasonic||Micromotor|
|Item Dimensions||4.41 x 4.61 x 6.42 in||3.27 x 4.09 x 3.27 in||2.72 x 1.54 x 2.72 in||2 x 6 x 2 in||3.31 x 4.21 x 3.31 in||2.76 x 4.25 x 2.76 in|
|Item Weight||1.19 lbs||1.16 lbs||5.61 ounces||2.2 lbs||1.48 lbs||0.86 lb|
|Lens||zoom||Zoom lens||Prime lens||zoom||Zoom lens||medium-telephoto|
|Maximum Focal Length||135 millimeters||105 millimeters||50 millimeters||105 millimeters||105 millimeters||250 millimeters|
|Minimum Focal Length||28 millimeters||24 millimeters||50 millimeters||24 millimeters||24 millimeters||55 millimeters|
|Photo Filter Thread Size||72 millimeters||77 millimeters||49 millimeters||77 millimeters||77 millimeters||58 millimeters|
The Canon EF 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM standard zoom lens features an Image Stabilizer and high zoom ratio. With the Image Stabilizer turned on, you can obtain sharp, natural-looking pictures in dim lighting without using flash or a tripod. Very handy for places where flash is prohibited. The lens uses ring-type USM for swift, silent autofocus and full-time manual focus. Its closest focusing distance is 20 in. (50cm).
From the Manufacturer
Equipped with an Image Stabilizer and high zoom ratio, the Canon EF 28-135mm standard zoom lens delivers sharp, natural-looking pictures virtually ever time. The lens is particularly handy for places where flashes are prohibited, as it excels in dim lighting without requiring a flash or a tripod. Other features include a ring-type USM for swift, silent autofocusing and full-time manual focusing; a close focusing distance of 20 inches; and a maximum aperture of f/3.5 to 5.6. The lens carries a one-year warranty.
- Focal length: 28-135mm
- Maximum aperture: 1:3.5-5.6
- Lens construction: 16 elements in 12 groups
- Diagonal angle of view: 75 to 18 degrees
- Focus adjustment: Rear focusing system with USM
- Closest focusing distance: 1.6 feet
- Zoom system: Rotating type
- Filter size: 72mm
- Dimensions: 3.1 inches in diameter, 3.8 inches long
- Weight: 18.9 ounces
Read about our customers' top-rated lenses and cameras on our review pages: Lenses, Digital SLR Cameras, Compact System Cameras
Top customer reviews
This being my first DSLR, I decided to buy close to the entry level. However, I wanted to buy a lens that could last me longer than the camera. I can see myself upgrading to a full frame later on; I didn't want to invest too much in EF-S lenses.
I would call myself an experienced amateur. I took about 2,500 photos so far, both outdoor and indoor.
Here is what I liked:
- it is an excellent all-around lens. I keep it mounted most of the times. The focal range on a cropped sensor corresponds to 45-215, which is great for most common situations
- picture quality is generally very good for someone at my level
- price was very attractive for a lens with this focal range
- weight and length are tolerable for everyday use
- the lens extends when facing down. This makes it less compact and a bit less convenient to carry than I'd like
- 'tolerable' weight means it may still be too heavy for some
- 28mm on a T3i doesn't cover the wide end adequately; leaves me wanting for a wider lens
- you almost always need flash indoor; F3.5 at 28mm is not nearly enough for shooting in natural light
The last point is really evident when you compare its performance to the EF 50mm f/1.8 II, a very cheap prime I bought a few months later. I am annoyed by the plastic feel of the 50mm, but f/1.8 allows me to take great pictures in low light.
Overall I recommend the EF 28-135mm IS USM. Just make sure you can live with the shortcomings listed above.
I do wish it was a little lighter, and that it wouldn't auto-expand when facing down. Otherwise, I've come to love this lens.
Most recent customer reviews
Light, easy to carry around
28-135 is a nice focal range for general purpose photography
Reasonably good image quality for the price
IS is nice.Read more