Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Canon EF 28mm f/1.8 USM Wide Angle Lens for Canon ..." and save 41% off the $509.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
4 Year Camera Accident Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Covers failures due to drops, spills and cracked screens and other mechanical and electrical breakdowns.
- No deductibles or hidden fees. Shipping included on all repairs. Fully transferable.
- Easy claims process online 24/7. If we can't fix it, we will send you an Amazon e-Card reimbursement for your product purchase price.
- Plan term and select coverage begins date of purchase and is inclusive of the manufacturer's warranty. All other coverage begins after the manufacturer's warranty expires. Plan is fully refunded if canceled within 30 days.
- Plan contract will be emailed from Asurion within 24 hours of purchase. This will not ship with your product.
Canon EF 28mm f/1.8 USM Wide Angle Lens for Canon SLR Cameras
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Measures 2.7 inches in diameter and 1.7 inches long , weighs 6.5 ounces.This lens takes a 58mm filter.
- Focal length: 28mm, Closest focusing distance: 1 foot
- Broadens angle of view and increases depth of field to bring more area into focus
- 28mm wide-angle lens with f/1.8 maximum aperture for Canon SLR cameras.Max. Diameter x Length, Weight:2.9 x 2.2, 10.9 oz. / 73.6 x 55.6mm, 310g
- High-precision aspherical lens minimizes distortion and other aberrations; Refer user manual under technical specification for troublr shooting steps
|This product has a serial number that uniquely identifies the item. Should your order go missing before it arrives, Amazon may register the serial number with loss and theft databases to prevent fraudulent use or resale of the item.|
Frequently bought together
Customers also shopped for
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
EF 28MM F/1.8 USM
From the Manufacturer
The Canon EF 28mm wide-angle lens lets you capture more in the frame by broadening the angle of view and increasing the depth of field. This not only expands the apparent distance between the foreground and background, but brings more area into focus--a must for photographers who want vivid nature shots or crisp group shots. The lens also offers an excellent price-to-performance ratio, with a high-precision aspherical lens that minimizes distortion and other aberrations to produce sharp and high-contrast images. Light enough to serve as your standard wide-angle lens, the EF 28mm carries Canon's one-year warranty.
- Focal length: 28mm
- Maximum aperture: 1:1.8
- Lens construction: 5 elements in 5 groups
- Diagonal angle of view: 75 degrees
- Focus adjustment: Overall linear extension system with AFD
- Closest focusing distance: 1 foot
- Filter size: 58mm
- Dimensions: 2.7 inches in diameter, 1.7 inches long
- Weight: 6.5 ounces
What's in the box : E-58U 58mm Snap-On Lens Cap, Lens Dust Cap E (Rear) and 1-Year Warrant.
Legal DisclaimerWe ship on the same Business Day if the order comes in before 3 PM West Coast Time. All orders are shipped safely with USPS Priority or FedEx. Estimated delivery time is 4-10 working days. (( Serial # 67900186 - For Insurance & Security Purposes )) Returns are accepted up to 2 days after delivery with a 15% restocking fee and non-refundable shipping costs. We take actual photos of every item we sell.
Showing 1-5 of 216 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I decided to not take out any loans to start my wedding photography business. Therefore I slowly worked my way to better lenses and equipment. At the time, this was the perfect lens for my crop censored 60D. I was able to get the wide shot I needed to have without having a full sensor DSLR.
This lens is super sharp and the f/1.8 is just flat out beautiful! The bokeh it can create can be breathtaking. You don't need the most expensive lens to create the best image possible. Don't be fooled. This lens is a workhorse!
Prime Lenses do take some getting used to. I would swap between this and the Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Standard at all of my weddings starting out. Now years down the line looking back at this lens the question remains... Do I recommend you getting this lens for wedding photography?
The truth is, I don't use the 28mm anymore. I now have a full sensor camera and several lenses that are 4-5 times the cost of this lens and they are much better designed for Wedding Photography than the 28mm ever could dream of being. I know how much greater other lenses are now, but honestly you have to start somewhere and I began right here with the 28mm and I'm not ashamed of it. I attached a few images to show you that this 28mm is the real deal. If you're looking for a solid Prime Lens, the 28mm is a great and viable lens to consider.
Lenses I would recommend to carry with you as a Wedding Photographer when you have the budget:
Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM Standard Zoom Lens
Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Telephoto Zoom Lens for Canon SLR Cameras
Sigma 15mm f/2.8 EX DG Diagonal Fisheye Lens for Canon SLR Cameras
Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro Lens for Canon Digital SLR Cameras
- The 50 is much better/sharper in terms of image quality. (The 28 almost feels like you are shooting at an ISO higher than your setting)
- The build quality is incredible...compared to the 50. My 50’s focus ring is rough and noisy and the AF is scratchy, BUT, this 28 is silent and extremely smooth. I love the feeling.
This is a beautiful lens for the price.
1. Focus: fast and accurate.
2. Construction: Solid, good. I recommend using it with hood (mine is a ceap one) and gives extra protection for the front element.
3. Image quality: Here begins to appear the "but" ... This is the point where the 5th star of this review has lost.
At f1.8 - f2.0 the image is practically useless in the professional field, at f2.8 you can have acceptable results, but only from f4.0 to f11 it behaves like a fixed lens.
If you are used to shoot with optics as the 50mm, 85mm, or L glasses which give exceptional results even wide open, the optical performance of this 28mm is a deception. Possibly in full frame cameras has better performance, but in cameras with APS-C sensor one would expect better rendition from a fixed lens. It isn't bad at all, It's better than a standard zoom, but not as good as other fixed lenses.
4. Angle of view: It's my main reason for choosing this lens. With only two 28mm in Canon's Catalogue, I wanted a lens that it would use like a walk-around fixed for APS-C and a wide angle compatible with full frame cameras. In my rebel results to be slightly more angular than a 50mm in full frame, and I like that a lot! It has a very pleasant angle of view. In fact, I bought the 28mm f1.8 and 50mm together, and I must say, I constantly changing from 28mm to 85mm and back, using the 50mm very little.
5. f1.8: Only when I tested the lens in very low light, I could see that the great advantage is its high luminosity. Considering the focal length is possible to take photos at 1/40 - 1/30 without trepidation, and added to the grat diafragme aperture you can achieve correct exposure in low light (although the picture quality is not excellent) without carrying a tripod. With this lens can be achieved pictures that otherwise would only be possible by increasing ISO to levels that decresse image quality much more than shooting wide open.
For indoor photography, street night, is where the versatility of this glass compens the "but" of image quality.
Resume: It`s not my favorite one, but I like it a lot, and its versatility allows me to take pictures that in other conditions would be very difficult.