Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 45 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 46 reviews
on May 12, 2014
I just got it and I still can't believe the price. This is a marvelous set. I now feel complete with my accessories array. This even came with a lens hood...which I didn't expect or maybe I didn't remember that it was part of the package.

I've taken several photos and the auto-focus speed, that everyone's talking about, I can't yet comment on because I haven't used it in the real world yet. I didn't think it was too slow. However, I don't see the problem with using the MF if the AF is too slow. It's right there, wide ring and easy to use...bam!...all focused.

I don't find it noisy like others have mentioned...maybe I got a good one. It's pretty quiet. But I might feel differently if I were snapping a deer in the woods where I need it real quiet...maybe. All in all, I love it, no negatives here especially for the price. Holy Cow!
on August 17, 2013
A perfect lense for almost every user. I have been using the stock 18-55mm and the nifty 50 (50mm) and decided it was time for a step up. I didn't want to have a gap by ordering a 70-300mm so I setteled for this lense as 50mm is almost nothing zoom wise at that length. Needless to say a great inexpensive buy. It came packaged very well. After hooking it to my body the lense took a good hour of shooting to get use to but it was worth it. It is now my go to lense. Also the polarized filter that comes with it makes the shots this lense takes look like L glass. Crystal clear with great bokeh. It looks professional even for a novice. Happy shooting!
on January 29, 2014
It would really be five stars for the lens (considering the price it was)

*****NOTE: This is not the U.S. made lens and I don't think it comes with the manufacturer warranty. Pretty sure it's the Japanese made grey market lens. I knew to expect this but these guys didn't note that so my hopes were up

...the other stuff it came with was nearly pointless though. I did attach the lens string thingamajig...Oh, the lens bag was nice to get too. The rest...meh. Really for the price, that stuff was free anyway so it shouldn't influence the purchase at all.
on July 25, 2013
I thought "I wondered how this lens was going to be with such a lower price than others I'd seen. I'm new to this, but the lens seems to be just what I was looking for. Got some good moon shots. And it wasn't just a white dot. It was the moon. I would recommend this product.
on December 16, 2014
White box lens and it works perfect. Not going to write about the lens here. Others have done that. I'll just say it's a great lens for the money.
on January 31, 2015
For the price, fantastic lens, pretty solid, good picture quality. Obviously at F4, not a low light lens. But if you want a good zoom without shelling out the big bucks, this is a great lens. It doesn't feel cheap, has a nice weight to it, nice rubber on the focusing ring. I get really great photos out of this on nice sunny days, or in low light with a tripod.
on August 30, 2013
I think for the money, it's a great value and nice addition to the kit lens that comes with the camera. However,the speed of the autofocus, left much to be desired. In fact,from the day i received it, i spent several hours playing around with it and i was getting a bit frustrated that it was having difficulty focusing in my subject quickly , if at all. It's like it couldn't get locked on, especially at full zoom.
So, don't buy this assuming you're going to be able to lock in on something that is moving quickly with regularity. I think for many things this lens will be great,just keep in mind that it's not a fast moving autofocus and you will be fine :) It's a nice next step up from the kit lens.
I would recommend this to someone who is a on shoe string budget yet wants a bit more telephoto options until you can spend a bit more money on something nicer.
The vendor i purchased from was SUPERFINDS and the item arrived very quickly and exactly with the items as described. I also found the added items for lens care very much worth the price as well. The lens alone was worth the price, but the added accessories just sweetened the deal :)
on November 3, 2013
Seems to be working as it should. I am still getting areas out of focus that were unexpected, but that probably has less to do with the lens than the workings of my digital SLR (still learning). It is quite heavy for arthritic hands, which I suppose can't be helped. The items in the kit are all quite useful, especially the "gizzy" that attaches the lens cap to the camera.
on March 14, 2014
The kit is great for the price. The lens however makes an electric crackling sound when focusing or zooming which doesn't sound right to me. It's still working, but I feel sooner than later it will start failing. Quality of the images and lens is good for the price.
on June 21, 2014
I am not a professional photographer but this lens makes it look like I am. I am able to take the most amazing photos with it, up close and personal. I am especially delighted with the pictures of birds at the feeder I have taken.