Truck Reviews Beauty Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

• Customer Reviews

on November 19, 2012
The Canon batteries are expensive. No doubt, but you always need two. One for the camera and one for the charger. This way you're always ready for those pictures. There are lots of third party companies selling replacement batteries at half the Canon price, maybe even less. In my expereince, those batteries are good, but they are not the Canon real thing. My experience is that the third party batteries don't last as long (some as short as 6 months before they die and are thrown out) and they rarely have the same capacity as the original battery. This means that half way through the event your camera dies. For me, its the original or nothing based on my past experience with the third party batteries.
33 people found this helpful
VINE VOICEon October 3, 2016
Bottom line: Worked as well as the one that came with the camera

The Canon LP-E12 is the battery used for the EOS-M and Rebel SL1 digital cameras. I have the SL1 digital camera, and bought this for a second battery--I was preparing for a trip to Israel, and didn't want to miss a photo because my battery died.

The replacement battery worked perfectly, and honestly I can't tell the difference between the two batteries now. Both hold a charge well--months if not used, several days with a fair bit of use. Rated for 380 shots or so, that's about the average I was getting in actual field use which included some flash...and a fair bit of reviewing photos I took throughout the day. When one battery died, a quick swap and I was back to taking photos.

Great battery, made for these cameras and performs perfectly. What more could you ask for?
2 people found this helpful
on March 26, 2016
Seems to be taking a charge and functioning normally and it looks exactly like the battery that came with my EOS-M down to the very last detail (except the manufacture date stamp is 2015 not 2012...)
Not the greatest value out there but that seems to be the way it goes with OEM batteries. I've seen 3rd party batteries die sooner and even swell up. Since I'm relying on my M3 exclusively for wide angle shots on an upcoming road trip, it's worth it to me to spend a few extra bucks and have two batteries I know I can count on.
on April 22, 2015
I've tried to go the cheaper route in the past when it comes to backup batteries. However, the saying "You get what you pay for," definitely applies when it comes to camera batteries. I have found no cheap alternative that comes close to Canon's OEM, typically getting 1/2 of the life for 2/3 of the price. If you need a backup battery for your Canon, and it takes this LP-E12 pack, I wouldn't hesitate to buy Canon's original battery.
on July 16, 2013
PROS:
1) I prefer Canon OEM batteries in my expensive Canon cameras, and this is definitely a real OEM canon battery. I think a potential problem with some batteries on Amazon that I've have read in reviews is possibility of getting a fake battery. This battery looks identical to the stock battery that came with my EOS M camera (see my attached photos above of the battery).

CONS:
1) Battery life is short on the EOS M, so I think you definitely need one of these if you have the EOS M camera for a back up battery.

2) It is a bit expensive
review imagereview imagereview image
on May 11, 2014
Pros:
1. Great Battery Life.
2. Works superbly with the Canon SL1

Cons:
1. None as of now.

Packaging:
1. Good enough.

(Note: I will upgrade it to five stars only after the product performs satisfactory for 6 months at least)
7 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on January 31, 2014
It always pays to buy the original product when it comes to camera batteries. They are far superior and consistently reliable.
7 people found this helpful
on May 25, 2018
This works as advertised. It was received promptly and fits my needs. I always try to buy OEM battery packs.
on October 25, 2013
A genuine Canon battery is a must have and a life saver if you are into taking lots of pictures. It surely came in handy when I was out pumpkin picking with my family this past week. I own a Canon SL1 camera is this OEM was just what I needed when the old one went dead. I don't put much faith in after market brands since I owned a few in the past. They are OK in a pinch but not the real thing and never last as long.
12 people found this helpful
on May 12, 2015
Worth every penny!! Prior to purchasing this battery I went through two third part batteries that were just not supported by my charger. I was a day away from taking an 8 hour class on Sports Photography and was left with one battery. I got on Amazon and snagged this battery that night. When talking to Cannon reps at the workshop I learned that they never ever re come d third party batteries for many reasons... my issue being one of them. Totally recommend this battery.... Save your self time and money and do it right the first time 😊