Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Canon Speedlite 90EX Flash" and save 66% off the $149.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $6.18 shipping
Canon Speedlite 90EX Flash
|Price:||$149.00 & FREE Shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Max. Gide No. 30 ft. / 9m at ISO 100
- Supports 24mm wide-angle lenses (35mm terms)
- Wireless master function
- Designed for Canon EOS M Compact System Camera
- Standard Canon hot shoe mount for compatibility with all EOS SLRs
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
|Item Dimensions||2.56 x 1.74 x 2.05 inches|
|Shipping Weight||0.25 pounds|
Compare to similar items
This item Canon Speedlite 90EX Flash
Neewer TT560 Flash Speedlite for Canon Nikon Panasonic Olympus Pentax and Other DSLR Cameras，Digital Cameras with Standard Hot Shoe
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Woodward Camera USA||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||1.74 x 2.05 x 2.56 in||2.59 x 3.03 x 2.57 in||3.35 x 4.33 x 8.27 in||2.16 x 2.95 x 7.48 in||4.2 x 4.1 x 2.9 in||8.7 x 4 x 3.15 in|
The Speedlite 90EX combines simplicity with a compact, lightweight design, making it ideal for the Canon EOS M Digital Camera. With many features directly accessed through the camera’s menu system, the Speedlite 90EX offers easy and intuitive operation. It supports 24mm wide-angle lenses (35mm terms) and can control multiple flash units for advanced, creative lighting effects. The Speedlite 90EX also features a standard Canon EOS hot shoe mount for compatibility with all EOS SLRs.
From the Manufacturer
Ultra-compact and Ultra-lightweight flash unit, perfect for the Canon EOS M Digital Camera
Whether mounted on top of the Canon EOS M Digital Camera or stowed in a pocket, the diminutive yet powerful Speedlite 90EX is 1.7" (w) x 2.0" (h) x 2.6" (d) and a featherweight at 1.8 oz. It runs on 2 AAA batteries, recycling quickly between exposures. To save power, it automatically turns off after 5 minutes of idle operation.
EOS Operations Made Simple
Easy and intuitive operation
Designed for intuitive operation and as a perfect match for the EOS M Digital Camera, the Speedlite 90EX offers a number of sophisticated flash functions that are remarkably easy to use, even for beginners to the EOS line of accessories. Many functions can be controlled effortlessly through the camera’s menu system, such as the AF assist beam (used to ensure accurate AF in low light situations), Canon’s amazing E-TTL II flash metering, FE lock and flash exposure compensation. Even color temperature information can be transmitted back to the camera with a simple touch, so users will achieve great results.
Complex Lighting Setups, Wirelessly And Easily
Wireless master function (optical) allows multiple flash units to be controlled for creative lighting effects
For a number of advanced lighting setups, the Speedlite 90EX can be used as a master transmitter to control multiple flash units—wirelessly! Through 4 channel optical light pulse transmission, the Speedlite 90EX can control up to three groups of slave-enabled flashes, controlling power from 8:1 to 1:8 in ½ stop increments. It can transmit up to approximately 16.4 ft. indoors, up to 23 ft. outdoors. With the Speedlite 90EX controlling each light source according to the specific parameters of a shot, the creative possibilities are endless!
Ample Coverage For A Wide Variety Of Lenses And Shots
Supports 24mm wide-angle lenses (35mm equivalent)
With wide-angle coverage up to 15mm (24mm in 35mm terms) the Speedlite 90EX is designed to work perfectly with a number of popular wide-angle zoom and fixed length lenses. So whether going wide angle for an interior shot, or making sure to capture an entire group, the Speedlite 90EX provides the coverage.
Extensive Range, Small Footprint
Max Guide No. 30 ft./9m at ISO 100
The Speedlite 90EX offers stronger flash performance than one might expect from its compact size. It has a maximum Guide No. 30 ft./9m at ISO 100, delivering ample power for everything from fill flash to serving as the main light source.
EOS System Ready
Standard Canon EOS hot shoe mount for compatibility with all EOS SLRs
With a standard quick-release mounting foot, the Speedlite 90EX is not only the EOS M Digital Camera’s perfect companion, it’s also compatible with SLRs in the EOS system. In addition, the Speedlite 90EX is compatible with Canon’s camera shoe cord OC-E3 for simple, off camera shooting.
Top customer reviews
Let's get started!
Is the Canon 90EX any good? The answer is, "YES!!!!" The 90EX is an awesome alternative to everything else out there that will wirelessly trigger your flashes. Here is quick glimpse at what's good and not-so-good...
* Wireless Slave Groups - You can fire with A:B and A:B C groupings. You can have multiple flashes in each group creating an infinite number of lighting varieties.
* Manual Adjust - flash settings can be manually adjusted from on-camera. From 1/1 all the way down to 1/128 on the 430EX II's.
* E-TTL II - Works' perfectly. Also, E-TTL ratios are very handy for quick setups. From 8:1 to 1:1 to 1:8 in half stop increments.
* HSS - High Speed Sync works up to 1/4000 (that's the highest shutter setting on the 6D). HSS can be set from in camera when shooting in master mode with flashes that are capable of shooting in HSS. When shooting with just the 90EX and no external flashes, HSS is not available. You'll only be able to shoot up to you max sync speed (1/180 on the 6D).
* Curtains - both 1st and 2nd curtain work. 2nd curtain is not an option in wireless mode though.
* Easy to Use - The unit has one button, a battery door, an LED light, and a hotshoe lock....that's it. All controls are run from in the camera menu.
* Small - Very compact! This would make a good travel flash for those using DSLR's that lack that feature, like the 6D or any of the 5D's.
* Wake Up! - If your flashes fall asleep into powersave mode, just half press the shutter and the 90EX will send a signal to wake them up.
* Secure Signal - this can fire on one of four channels. This way you can shoot with other photographers around and not have to worry about them firing your speedlites.
* During wireless shooting mode, the 90EX will not fire as a full flash. It only fires to send the signal.
* Plastic Foot - wish it was metal.
* Wireless Range - The specs say to set your off camera flashes at a maximum of 16 ft indoors and 23 ft outdoors. (Page 16 in the manual) It's not nearly as good as my PocketWizards were, but I knew this before buying. It's infrared technology, not radio frequency. However, I'm not Joe McNally, so it meets my needs.
* Battery Life - expect 100 full power flashes or 400 quarter power flashes or 800 at one eighth power or etc... When using as a wireless master, it will last a heck of lot longer because it is not firing a full flash. You can also turn off the 90EX flash by setting it to Manual. It still flashes, but will not show up in the image.
* Recycle Time - 0.1-5.5 seconds depending on your power setting. Don't worry about recycle time if you are just using it as a master.
* Save the planet - pick up a set of rechargeable AAA Eneloop batteries. IMHO, these batteries are the best.
* Sensor - Make sure your external flash's IR sensor is facing the camera. Keep in mind that IR can bounce off walls too.
* Line of Sight - Make sure there are no obstacles in between the camera and your flash. This will create signal interference. I use my flashes inside of brollies (umbrella softboxes). The signal has no problem communicating through the umbrella material.
* Powersave - There is a battery saving "auto off" feature that is bound to turn your 90EX OFF unexpectedly. Pressing the shutter does not wake-up the 90EX when it is OFF. This feature can be disabled in the camera's flash menu under custom functions. I recommend you disable this feature and save yourself that moment of frustration in front of a client. :)
WHY I BOUGHT THIS:
I recently upgraded my Canon 7D and 50D to a set of Canon 6D's and to my surprise, my trusty PocketWizards (FlexTT5's, MiniTT1 and AC3 Zone Controller) became unusable. The firmware upgrade that would fix this has been parked on the horizon for months. I was looking for a solution, and thought I'd give this cute little 90EX a shot. No regrets! It meets my needs and does a lot more than expected.
Thanks for taking the time to read this quick review. I hope it helps you make your decision. Should you have any questions, please feel free to ask them in the comments section below. Cheers!
Nothing compaired to the Honeywell SonaStrobe I used to have. Of course the H had D cell batteries.
-Has its own batteries (AAA) and doesn't drain body pack like using normal flash.
-Can use a cheap diffuser attachment for better results for certain shots.
-Apparently this does some fancy stuff later on for sequencing and flashing to time external additional flashes.
-Great size, easy snap on/off.
So I would still say not the worst purchase I've made so far for camera accessories.
Most recent customer reviews
I purchased this a Rebel XS and T3i.Read more