Industrial Deals HPC Magazine Deals Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. PCB for Musical Instruments $34.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on November 18, 2016
This was an open box item from Amazon Warehouse Deals. I've bought items with a used status from Amazon Warehouse before and took a chance on this. Lens works perfectly, they repacked it well and I'm happy that I took the chance. 80% off other advertised prices, can' t beat the price.Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III Telephoto Zoom Lens for Canon SLR Cameras
on May 29, 2013
My wife was impressed and I thought I did a good job researching and picking it. Takes great pictures. A tripod is a must for this lens because it will be blurry if you try to focus and hold it steady. I am not a photographer, I just like taking pictures. I went on a few sites and found Amazon had the best price by far. Good luck. This is a good quality lens and it totally blew the wife away. Looks like I spent big bucks when I didn't. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars was because the zoom lens has its limitations. You can't see as far as I would have like to. I see the birds clearly from across the yard which is about 180 feet from one end to the other. I wish I could see further but every lens has its limitations. I really can't complain because it does what it says and furthermore it is my wife's toy now. I will now have to get my own which will probably be a bit stronger power but I say get it for the beginner if that's what you do. You will always be able to sell it or trade it for something larger when that time comes and you outgrow it. I don't know technical specs, I just know how to point and shoot. Anybody who can assist me with it can send me a email. I appreciate your help. G
on March 27, 2009
This is a "cheap" telephoto lens for a "cheap" camera but both are excellent if you remember not to expect too much - it works great for what I need it for but have to remember I'm not going to get wonderful shots with movement, especially sports and other action shots - for the price of the camera and the lens I'm very satisfied - in fact, very, VERY satisfied - if I want something professional I'll have to spend a lot more money - would recommend the Canon Rebel EOS and this zoom lens to anyone, novice or pro - just don't expect to have Sports Illustrated quality photos . . . and remember to hold it as steady as you can!
on March 20, 2017
Good for the price. The image quality is good, but the auto focus sometime doesn't work. Have to take out and reattach and maybe turn off power and on. It then maybe work.
on October 11, 2016
I was apprehensive purchasing a lens online, but this was packed well and sent swiftly. I really like this lens and it has become one of my "go-to" lenses.
on September 7, 2013
I bought this lens used with the intent of using it my school's sporting events. Without IS (image stabilization) the pictures come out blurry under certain circumstances, this annoys me but I have compensated. The zoom on the other hand is amazing, and what pictures that do come out look stunning. If you plan on using this lens for sports please consider the lens that is a step up which is the Canon EF 75-300MM F4-5.6 III (IS) Telephoto zoom lens. That lens includes the Image Stabilizer I mentioned earlier. If you plan on using this in full sun or with flash then this is a great lens. I will probably end up using my tripod instead of investing in another lens, because under other conditions this lens rocks!
on November 1, 2011
I'm relatively new to DSLR photography, and this is my first non-kit lens (though I have tired other lenses in the store, I don't think that really counts).

So far, I'm very pleased with this lens. The zoom is very satisfying...buildings a mile away become a useable size. I'll just break it down into pros and cons.

PRO- Smooth focus and zoom irises.
PRO- Good image quality for most of the lens' range.
PRO- Affordable
PRO- Provides great zoom ability (75-300), "completes" the kit lens (18-55).

CON- Autofocus is kinda slow
CON- F-stop requires a lot of light when zoomed in around 300mm. This would be true of any lens, though.
CON- Images might not be that clean when zoomed in around 300mm. This could be due to the increased gain or shutter speed, but in general I found I had to work a lot harder to get a crisp, sharp image when I zoomed in at 300mm (again, could be true of any lens, but this is the only one I know).

Ultimately, I'm really glad I got it. I'm guessing other lenses are better because they cost more, but I can't comment on those.
on August 24, 2017
Bought this as a replacement and it was worth the money. Spent less than 1/3 the new price and it works like a charm. Very good condition.
on September 25, 2011
This lens is good for certain things but I don't use it often at all. It is great for stills and when you have a tripod (moon photography is great with this thing) but the lack of image stabilization makes it difficult for me to justify. I got this lens as a deal with the canon t3i, kit lens, and 50-250 lens. My personal opinion is that the 50-250 is much better just because of the IS. The crop sensor makes the 250mm plenty of zoom. It's a faster, more stable, more versatile lens.

***Don't forget the rule of thumb... If your shutter speed is below your focal length, ex: 1/100 at 300mm, (don't forget to consider the crop factor), you should be using IS or a tripod. This means higher ISO with this lens or well lit shots.

On the other hand this lens is built slightly better. It seems smoother and has the metal mount. The plastic mounts don't bother me much at all, they just seem cheap.
on November 16, 2012
If you're looking for something to shoot fast sports and the such this really isn't for you. If you just want to take some nice photos or scenery or people this is a great lens. Took a bunch of photos with it already and the DOF is great and the colors are great. I recommend this product to anyone who is looking for a quick update to a stock DSLR Camera. My skill level is intermediate and I am no pro, but if you want to take some good pictures and on a tight budget, this is a great lens!