Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 611 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 805 reviews
on April 7, 2014
This is a cheap lens and it does a good job for the price. The autofocus is noisy and when zoomed in really far it shakes the lens quite a bit. Because the aperture only opens to 4.0/f you need really good light or you'll get a lot of noise in your photos. Honestly, though, I like this lens a lot. I use it to take photos of the moon and it is fantastic.
on November 18, 2016
This was an open box item from Amazon Warehouse Deals. I've bought items with a used status from Amazon Warehouse before and took a chance on this. Lens works perfectly, they repacked it well and I'm happy that I took the chance. 80% off other advertised prices, can' t beat the price.Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III Telephoto Zoom Lens for Canon SLR Cameras
on March 25, 2016
Great lens! this lens was supposed to come in a bundle that i purchased earlier but was missing. However then lens is great and as soon as i got it i was outside taking photos with my Canon EOS Rebel SL1 and my NEW Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 lens!

definitely recommended for the price and quality of this product. good for beginning photographers that can handle a high quality lens but also good for more experienced photographers that need a lens that isnt too extreme on telephoto but isnt macro
review image review image
on April 28, 2013
I have recently purchased a T4i and this lens as an add on for it. It was within my limited budget and I was worried that I would regret the lack of image stabilization. I do not. This lens takes amazing canon lens quality photos. I would have some remarkable images of squirrels but I forgot to put the SD card in. Baring that, I do live near a small airport, and have some great pictures of pilots in their planes. They came out amazing from over 1/2 a mile away I was able to read the numbers on the side of the plane. Also bird pictures are very sharp. I photographed a woodpecker about 35' away and was able to crop out a very detailed and sharp image of his head. The contrast of colors is very good. I have not tried the lens at night, and this may be where I wished I had the shelled out the extra money for the IS version. But my night vision ain't what it used to be so if I can't see it's there to begin with I don't know to zoom in on it.
This lens is well worth the money spent. For a beginner you can't beat the price or value it has when it comes to familiarizing yourself with the camera. I feel this was a great investment. It works terrific during the day and I have some amazing photos of my boys playing baseball that were previously impossible with point and click cameras.
on October 6, 2015
I've been using my 75-300 for a couple years now and have had zero problems with it. I shoot for newspapers, so my equipment gets a real workout under (sometimes) lousy conditions. I shoot in the rain, snow, dust, smoke (when I'm covering fires) and pretty much every weather imaginable. This lens -- while not exactly on a par with some of those big, white monsters you see the sports journalists using -- is probably more than most casual shooters will ever need. And the price is certainly nice.
on August 9, 2016
It's a factory Canon lens, so you can expect it to work well!
on May 29, 2013
My wife was impressed and I thought I did a good job researching and picking it. Takes great pictures. A tripod is a must for this lens because it will be blurry if you try to focus and hold it steady. I am not a photographer, I just like taking pictures. I went on a few sites and found Amazon had the best price by far. Good luck. This is a good quality lens and it totally blew the wife away. Looks like I spent big bucks when I didn't. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars was because the zoom lens has its limitations. You can't see as far as I would have like to. I see the birds clearly from across the yard which is about 180 feet from one end to the other. I wish I could see further but every lens has its limitations. I really can't complain because it does what it says and furthermore it is my wife's toy now. I will now have to get my own which will probably be a bit stronger power but I say get it for the beginner if that's what you do. You will always be able to sell it or trade it for something larger when that time comes and you outgrow it. I don't know technical specs, I just know how to point and shoot. Anybody who can assist me with it can send me a email. I appreciate your help. G
on March 27, 2009
This is a "cheap" telephoto lens for a "cheap" camera but both are excellent if you remember not to expect too much - it works great for what I need it for but have to remember I'm not going to get wonderful shots with movement, especially sports and other action shots - for the price of the camera and the lens I'm very satisfied - in fact, very, VERY satisfied - if I want something professional I'll have to spend a lot more money - would recommend the Canon Rebel EOS and this zoom lens to anyone, novice or pro - just don't expect to have Sports Illustrated quality photos . . . and remember to hold it as steady as you can!
on February 11, 2015
This telephoto lens was a good purchase for me. I have used it from personal photography to wedding photography and think that the range is what has kept me from selling it. I can photograph the bride and groom from the back of the church or capture a bird in a tree that is invisible without binoculars. Great lens for the price and works well with the Canon Rebel Xsi.
on March 20, 2017
Good for the price. The image quality is good, but the auto focus sometime doesn't work. Have to take out and reattach and maybe turn off power and on. It then maybe work.