Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals HPC Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18_gno

on August 2, 2017
I got this lens as a Prime Day deal from Amazon Warehouse and I'm so happy I did. I've wanted a telephoto for a while, and this is on the lower range in terms of price, so great for a photographer on a budget. It is a bigger lens, so a tripod may be helpful with this, but if you have a steady hand and are used to heavier/larger lenses, you can get some really nice results without one. This is my first time owning a telephoto and I took it out to a butterfly garden at one of the local museums. I was pleasantly surprised with how quick the lens was and the level of detail I was able to get without being at all close to the subject. I'm still learning the nuances of the lens and how to get the best results with it but, if you're on a budget, this is a solid addition to your lens collection.
review image
on March 29, 2012
I am not a professional. I am just a mom. 99% of the photos I take are of my children. Before purchasing this lens, I only had the kit lens and one prime lens. I wanted a lens that would allow me to zoom in a bit so that I could snap photos of my children playing without having to be right up on them. This is the perfect lens for that. I shot my son's first Little League game this past weekend while I was in the stands and he was in the outfield. I got some of the most excellent shots showing his true emotions, because he wasn't posing. he didn't see me right up on him taking photos. I can't afford a $1,000-2,000 lens so this was the perfect price and I have gotten tons of compliments on the shots. I even shot most of them on manual using the sports setting (I have a Canon Rebel). A lot of them were taken through a little hole in the fence.
11 comment| 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 10, 2014
If you are on a budget and on the consumer end of the prosumer spectrum, like me... and, like me, you still want a good, cheap zoom lens. This is it. (Save extra buying the bulk packaging version)
Now, if you are more on the pro end of the prosumer spectrum, you probably know to look for a lens with USM and IS.
If you buy this lens, be aware that you'll have to use your tripod in low light situations... there's no IS on this lens.
It's a lens best used outside with plenty of day light, hey... it's an f/4-5.6, so no surprise there.
Good glass though, I've achieved better pictures with this lens than the with the 35-80 which is also f/4-5.6
11 comment| 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 18, 2016
This was an open box item from Amazon Warehouse Deals. I've bought items with a used status from Amazon Warehouse before and took a chance on this. Lens works perfectly, they repacked it well and I'm happy that I took the chance. 80% off other advertised prices, can' t beat the price.Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III Telephoto Zoom Lens for Canon SLR Cameras
on September 17, 2012
As a novice photographer it's easy to get caught up in the cost of the all equipment one may want or need. Great equipment costs a lot. This lens is great compromise. I never thought I would need a telephoto zoom, but Amazon made it an easy decision to purchase when with a discount for buying a new camera brought the cost to $30. I'm glad I jumped at the chance. Even at full price, this lens is a great value for its construction and capabilities. This is definitely the next lens to step up from the kit lens. With the proper person, the proper camera, lens hood and filters, this lens takes fantastic images. Images from the dog show this weekend are visually stunning. If you feel that you can have good camera control with a steady hand (as this lens lacks image stability), and you are looking for a great entry level telephoto zoom lens, then this lens is a fantastic choice. Thanks Amazon and Canon for helping me take some photos that will last a lifetime.
on March 17, 2014
This is a decent quality telephoto zoom lens. I purchased it at the same time as a Canon Rebel SL1 and so I was able to get this at a promo price making it an even better deal. 300mm allows for some tight close-ups but because it isn't an especially bright lens so it is best suited to bright outdoors. I haven't noticed any vignetting or chromatic aberrations; they are probably there but not to the point of being a bother. It would be difficult finding a lens in this focal length at a lower price.
on January 20, 2018
Just what my daughter wanted. She has used it hundreds of times already. Delivered quickly, and just as described. Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III Telephoto Zoom Lens for Canon SLR Cameras
on May 29, 2013
My wife was impressed and I thought I did a good job researching and picking it. Takes great pictures. A tripod is a must for this lens because it will be blurry if you try to focus and hold it steady. I am not a photographer, I just like taking pictures. I went on a few sites and found Amazon had the best price by far. Good luck. This is a good quality lens and it totally blew the wife away. Looks like I spent big bucks when I didn't. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars was because the zoom lens has its limitations. You can't see as far as I would have like to. I see the birds clearly from across the yard which is about 180 feet from one end to the other. I wish I could see further but every lens has its limitations. I really can't complain because it does what it says and furthermore it is my wife's toy now. I will now have to get my own which will probably be a bit stronger power but I say get it for the beginner if that's what you do. You will always be able to sell it or trade it for something larger when that time comes and you outgrow it. I don't know technical specs, I just know how to point and shoot. Anybody who can assist me with it can send me a email. I appreciate your help. G
on February 8, 2018
My 2nd favorite lens...wish I could afford another lense....but this gets the job done!!! Lots of kids sports & dog shows & family pics done with this lens
on March 1, 2011
I understand that the relative low price of this lens implies that the overall quality is more economical, but I never expected the lens cap ring to just break after a relatively short period of ownership. I cannot even justify blaming it on wear and tear. One day I open my camera bag, remove this lens to swap it in, and - woops - the lens cap is not attached and there are scratches all over the glass. It simply broke while randomly setting the bag down or picking it up, or somewhen.

Now, I made a decent number of average to great photographs with this lens during its short life, but I am certainly disappointed in the unexpected failure in the cheap manufacture of this product. That any item - be it a camera lens, a toaster, a car, a 3-ring binder - worth any amount of money could fail in such a pathetic manner is unacceptable from a quality control perspective.

I can add that after an even shorter period of ownership (inside one year) the zoom ring began sounding and feeling a bit gritty, as if there were sand in it, though I had never buried my camera underground, nonetheless taken it to a beach or the like.

Regardless of what kind of photographer you are, please invest in something better than $150 telephoto lens. I can write off the loss of this lens since I made photos with it that are more valuable than the lens itself, but I don't recommend wasting money on it. It will just end up in a landfill sooner than later.

Whomp.