Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Medium Telephoto Lens for ..." and save 28% off the $419.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Medium Telephoto Lens for Canon SLR Cameras - Fixed
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 85mm standard lens with f/1.8 maximum aperture for Canon SLR cameras,Lens Type:Telephoto Zoom Lens
- Ring-type ultra-sonic monitor (USM) brings subject quickly into focus, Focal length: 85mm, Closest focusing distance: 2.8 feet
- Natural angle of view and perspective is ideal for portraits and natural images
- Designed to produce beautiful background blur; weighs 15 ounces
- Measures 3 inches in diameter and 2.8 inches long; 1-year warranty
- Lens not zoomable
|Lens Compatibility Information: Canon EF-S lenses are only compatible with APS-C sensor DSLR cameras. Canon EF lenses are compatible with Canon full-frame and APS-C DSLR cameras.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
|Aperture Control Design||Aperture controlled by camera|
|Compatible Lens Hood Part Number||ET-65 III|
|Compatible Mountings||Canon EF|
|Item Dimensions||2.95 x 2.95 x 2.83 inches|
|Item Display Weight||1.1 pounds|
|Item Weight||0.94 pounds|
|Macro Focus Range||0.85 m|
|Manufacturer Warranty Description|
|Material Type||Plastic barrel, Metal mount|
|Maximum Aperture Range||F1.8|
|Maximum Focal Length||85 mm|
|Maximum Format Size||35mm full frame|
|Minimum Focal Length||85 mm|
|Minimum Focal Range||85 mm|
|Number of Diaphragm Blades||8|
|Number of Elements||9|
|Number of Groups||7|
|Photo Filter Thread Size||58 mm|
|Shipping Weight||1.05 pounds|
|Style Name||Lens Only|
Compare to similar items
This item Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Medium Telephoto Lens for Canon SLR Cameras - Fixed
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Compatible Camera Mount||Canon EF||Canon EF||Canon EF||Canon EF||Canon EF-S||Canon EF|
|Focus Type||Ultrasonic||Stepper motor||Ultrasonic||Ring-type ultrasonic||Stepper motor||Ring-type ultrasonic|
|Item Dimensions||2.95 x 2.83 x 2.95 in||2.72 x 1.54 x 2.72 in||2.91 x 2.01 x 2.91 in||3.62 x 3.31 x 3.62 in||2.68 x 0.91 x 2.68 in||3.07 x 2.48 x 3.07 in|
|Item Weight||0.94 lb||5.61 ounces||0.64 lb||2.26 lbs||—||0.16 ounces|
|Lens Type||medium-format||Prime lens||Prime lens||Prime lens||Prime lens||wide-angle|
|Maximum Focal Length||85 millimeters||50 millimeters||50 millimeters||85 millimeters||24 millimeters||35 millimeters|
|Minimum Focal Length||85 millimeters||50 millimeters||50 millimeters||85 millimeters||24 millimeters||35 millimeters|
|Photo Filter Thread Size||58 millimeters||49 millimeters||58 millimeters||72 millimeters||52 millimeters||67 millimeters|
The Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Standard & Medium Telephoto Lens is highly practical and ideal for a range of applications including portraiture. Its fast f/1.8 maximum aperture is effective in low light and ideal for shallow depth of field focus control. An ultrasonic autofocus motor (USM) provides fast, smooth and quiet AF action and because the front lens group does not rotate during focusing, polarizing and special filter effects can be used effectively.
From the Manufacturer
A highly practical medium telephoto lens with superb delineation and portability, the Canon EF 85mm lens produces sharp and clear images at all apertures. Through computer simulations, the lens has been designed to give beautiful background blur, thereby bringing your subject into crisp view. The ring-type ultra-sonic monitor (USM) and fast f/1.8 aperture, meanwhile, helps the subject zip into focus in the viewfinder. And because the front lens group does not rotate during focusing, special filter effects are not affected. Best of all, the standard zoom lens--with its natural angle of view and perspective--captures the subject plainly, making it excellent for portraits and images that require a natural depth of field. As with all Canon lenses, the lens carries a one-year warranty.
- Focal length: 85mm
- Maximum aperture: 1:1.8
- Lens construction: 9 elements in 7 groups
- Diagonal angle of view: 28 degrees (at 30 feet)
- Focus adjustment: Rear focusing system with USM
- Closest focusing distance: 2.8 feet
- Filter size: 58mm
- Dimensions: 3 inches in diameter, 2.8 inches long
- Weight: 15 ounces
Sharp. Lightweight. Responsive. These are just a few adjectives that describe this terrific portrait-length telephoto lens. With a powerful ring-type USM and fast f/1.8 aperture, subjects zip into focus in the viewfinder. It's great for all types of work calling for moderate telephoto power, but comes into its own in low-light situations, and offers a 1/3-stop speed advantage over the 100mm f/2 USM lens.
A medium telephoto lens with a large aperture brings the subject closer, creates excellent background blur, gives a longer flash range, and affords a faster shutter speed to freeze the action. A standard zoom lens, with its natural angle of view and perspective, captures the subject plainly, with no special effects. However, you can use standard lenses in creative ways by varying the subject distance, aperture, and angle.
Top customer reviews
* Excellent IQ. Subject's skin are brilliant and pleasing. It's not too sharp, and not too soft. Perfect for portraits.
* Fast AF, responsive. It's faster than my Canon 100mm f2.8 L macro lens for portraits. As fast as my 24-105 L lens.
* Focusing distance is ideal for portraits. It won't allow you close-ups.
* f1.8 allows dreamy bokeh. f2.0 is sharp.
* Focusing ring is responsive (unlike the Canon 50mm 1.4)
* Relatively cheap
* Lightweight, for someone who is used to L lenses.
* I'm not sure if this is a con, but the 85mm needs some working distance though (which is quite obvious! Well my 100mm f2.8 L macro doesn't have that limitation).
* No hood.
* This is not a recommended for street photography. The working distance is too tight (unless that's what you want).
* It has a special niche. It's not something you would use everytime (unless everytime means taking portraits).
High quality. Heavy and heavy-duty!
You won't be disappointed.
Most recent customer reviews
Since I have a Rebel and it's not a full frame camera, there's an adjustment...Read more