Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Canon EF 85mm f1.2L II USM Lens for Canon DSLR Cam..." and save 34% off the $1,999.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
4-Year Camera Accidental Protection Planfrom Warrantech
- Includes parts and labor coverage. Accidental damage (drops and spills) and power surge coverage begins on the day you purchase the plan. Coverage for mechanical and electrical begins after your product's manufacturer's warranty (OEM warranty) expires.
- Plan Terms and Conditions (T&Cs) provided via email within hours of completing your purchase. If you do not receive your T&Cs, please look for an email from "Amazon Support" within the folders of your Inbox.
- Provides nationwide service support for coverages as defined within the plan benefits and terms. If your product can't be repaired, an Amazon Gift Card will be provided.
- Includes free shipping for covered claims, no hidden fees, easy online or over the phone claim process, and secure support with an industry-leading company. You may request a cancellation at any time.
- See Product Description for details including limitations and what is not covered.
Canon EF 85mm f1.2L II USM Lens for Canon DSLR Cameras - Fixed
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- f1.2 maximum aperture
- Ring-type UltraSonic motor (USM), Focal length : 85mm, Closest focusing distance : 3.2 feet
- EF mount, medium telephoto lens, High-speed AF and circular aperture create shallow depth-of-field
- 111mm focal length for APS-H sensors, 136mm for APS-C sensors, Lens not zoomable
|Lens Compatibility Information: Canon EF-S lenses are only compatible with APS-C sensor DSLR cameras. Canon EF lenses are compatible with Canon full-frame and APS-C DSLR cameras.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare with similar items
Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Medium Telephoto Lens for Canon SLR Cameras - Fixed
Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM Lens
Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Standard & Medium Telephoto Lens for Canon SLR Cameras - Fixed
Canon EF 50mm f/1.2 L USM Lens for Canon Digital SLR Cameras - Fixed
Canon EF 85mm f/1.4L IS USM - DSLR Lens with IS Capability
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Compatible Camera Mount||Canon EF||Canon EF||Canon EF||Canon EF||Canon EF||—|
|Focus Type||Ring-type ultrasonic||Ultrasonic||Stepper motor||Ultrasonic||Ring-type ultrasonic||auto-focus|
|Item Dimensions||3.62 x 3.31 x 3.62 in||2.95 x 2.83 x 2.95 in||2.72 x 1.54 x 2.72 in||2.91 x 2.01 x 2.91 in||3.39 x 2.6 x 3.39 in||3.5 x 4.1 x 3.5 in|
|Item Weight||2.26 lbs||1.05 lbs||5.6 ounces||0.64 lb||1.28 lbs||2.09 lbs|
|Lens Type||Prime lens||medium-format||Prime lens||Prime lens||Prime lens||telephoto|
|Maximum Focal Length||85 millimeters||85 millimeters||50 millimeters||50 millimeters||50 millimeters||85|
|Minimum Focal Length||85 millimeters||85 millimeters||50 millimeters||50 millimeters||50 millimeters||85|
|Photo Filter Thread Size||72 millimeters||58 millimeters||49 millimeters||58 millimeters||72 millimeters||—|
The Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM Medium Telephoto Lens uses a ring-type USM, high-speed CPU and optimized algorithms to achieve an autofocus speed approximately 1.8x faster than the original. The high-speed AF and circular aperture create a shallow depth-of-field that brings attention to the subject and blurs the background, which is ideal for portraits and weddings. The floating optical system, which includes an aspherical lens element, suppresses aberrations and ensures excellent imaging performance. Diagonal angle of view-28°30' .Focus adjustment:AF with full-time manual
From the Manufacturer
Retaining the impressive optical performance and large aperture of the original Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L lens, this revamped medium telephoto lens employs a ring-type Ultra Sonic Motor (USM), high-speed CPU, and optimized algorithms to achieve an autofocus speed that's approximately 1.8x faster than the original. This high-speed autofocus system combines with the circular aperture to create a shallow depth of field that brings attention to the subject and blurs the background, an ideal effect for portraits and weddings. In addition, the lens's floating optical system includes an aspherical lens element that suppresses aberrations and produces an excellent imaging performance.
- Focal length: 85mm
- Maximum aperture: f/1.2
- Lens construction: 8 elements in 7 groups
- Angle of view: 28 degrees @ 30 feet
- Focus adjustment: Autofocus with full-time manual
- Closest focusing distance: 3.2 feet
- Filter size: 72mm
- Dimensions: 3.6 inches in diameter and 3.3 inches long
- Weight: 36.2 ounces
- Warranty: 1 year
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I'll leave the more technical reviews about this lens to those who study and compare lenses like it was their job, but just from my standpoint, it's worth it to have in your arsenal.
That leads us to the downsides to the lens. its relatively slow to focus due to the large amount of glass it moves around, the focus by wire is not ideal again due to large elements I would prefer a direct gear train. it's big, it's heavy, and it is expensive.
But it's totally worth the price if you can justify the costs in Money, weight and slightly slow AF, the results are amazing. It is THE portrait lens for Canon users in my opinion. The venerable Canon 70-200 f2.8 and 135 F2 are great too as is the Sigma 85mm f1.4 but there is that magic something extra with the Canon 85mm f1.2
Some cons are: Chromatic aberration, its a mean one but can be corrected in post.
Most recent customer reviews
You however need to make investment in the hood for this lens.Read more