Canon AE-1 35mm Film Camera w/ 50mm 1:1.8 Lens
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 35mm SLR (Single-Lens-Reflex) camera with electronically controlled AE (Automatic Exposure) and focal plane shutter.
- Canon FD series interchangeable lenses with full aperture metering and AE coupling. Canon FL series with stopped-down metering.
- Standard lenses for the Canon AE are Canon FD 55mm f/1.2 S.S.C, Canon FD 50mm f/1.4 S.S.C, Canon FD 50mm f/1.8 S.C.
- Canon Breech-Lock mount, Canon FD, FL and R lenses can be used. The viewfinder is fixed eye-level pentaprism with a field of view that is 93.5% vertical and 96% horizontal coverage of the actual picture
- Viewfinder information includes aperture scale with meter needle and stopped-down metering which also serves as a battery charge level check mark.
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
The Canon AE-1 is a 35 mm single-lens reflex (SLR) film camera for use with interchangeable lenses. It was made in Japan from April 1976 to 1984. It uses an electronically controlled, electromagnet horizontal cloth focal plane shutter, with a speed range of 2 to 1/1000 second plus Bulb and flash X-sync of 1/60th second. Most are black with chrome trim, but some are all black. The AE-1 is a historically significant SLR, both because it was the first microprocessor-equipped SLR and because of its sales. Backed by a major advertising campaign, the AE-1 sold over one million units,which made it an unprecedented success in the SLR market.
Top customer reviews
However, that doesn't mean this thing is perfect.
There were some smudges in the viewfinder and i couldn't erase it, but it didn't take away from the usage. There were also indentation of someone's address on the bottom of the camera, which kinda sucked but you couldn't notice it too well.
I love this camera and because it's such a classic.
If you're just getting started on film photography, I actually don't recommend this yet. Find a cheaper alternative and learn the basics of film. But I know most of us want shiny and nice things so if you can afford this, go ahead and get it! Treat it with care! Cheers
The seller also gave me a update with a roll of film, which was so cool! Thank you. The camera came with a strap, a lens cap, and it was wrapped up safely in the box.
Overall, this was one of the greatest purchases and the camera and photos are amazing!