Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
4-Year Office Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for product breakdowns and malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
Canon CanoScan LiDE220 Photo and Document Scanner
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- With Send to Cloud you can easily upload your images to Cloud Services like Evernote and Dropbox
- Auto Scan Mode automatically adjusts settings by detecting what you are scanning
- Scan a letter-sized document in approx. 10 seconds
- Auto Document Fix automatically employs area-by-area correction for beautiful, easy-to-view scans
- OS Compatibility - Windows:5,6 Windows® 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows 7 SP1, Windows Vista SP1, Vista SP2, Windows XP SP3 32-bit.5,6. Mac:5,6Mac OS® X v10.6.8 - 10.95,6
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
2H2014 CanoScan LiDE 220 Launch Assets Color Image Scanner
Versatile Scanner with Upright Scanning and Send to Cloud Function
The CanoScan LiDE220 Color Image Scanner offers advanced features, easy operation and 'Send to Cloud' functionality.1 The LiDE220 lets you upload images to the Cloud with remarkable ease. Providing a maximum optical resolution of 4800 x 4800 dpi2, its vivid 48-bit color depth is capable of producing over 281 trillion possible colors. An Auto Document Fix feature automatically produces beautiful scans with advanced image analysis and area-by-area data correction, while Auto Scan Mode3 automatically evaluates the item being scanned and saves it with the appropriate settings. The LiDE220 scanner also helps you work efficiently with five EZ Buttons that enable you to scan, copy, Send to Cloud1, or create a single or multipage PDF in a snap. It scans fast too, creating a letter-sized color scan in approximately 10 seconds.4 Plus, it comes with a stand to enable vertical scanning — accommodating workspaces of just about any size. And the Advanced Z-LidTM Expansion Top extends up approximately one-inch and over the platen to let you scan large items, such as textbooks or other thick documents. The LiDE220 scanner uses one USB cable for both data and power, so plugging in is easy. The LiDE 220 includes My Image Garden5, a convenient software package that makes organizing your photos fun and easy.
1-Year limited warranty with InstantExchange Program. 1-Year toll-free technical phone support.
Canoscan LIDE220 color image scanner setup software & users guide CD-Rom, USB Cable and vertical stand.
- 5 EZ Buttons, Advanced Z-lid Expansion Top, Auto Dust & Scratch Reduction, Auto Document Fix, Auto Scan Mode, Digital Filing, Fading Correction, Grain Correction, Gutter Shadow Correction, High-Speed Scanning4, Image Correction, Low Power Consumption, My Image Garden5, One Cable For Data & Power, Send to Cloud1, Upright Scanning
4800 x 4800 dpi maximum optical color resolution, 48-bit color depth with over 281 trillion possible colors and 19,200 x 19,200 (Interpolated) software enhanced scans.
High Speed Scan
Delivers a letter size color scan in approx. 10 seconds.
Five buttons that enable you to scan, copy, Send to Cloud1 or create PDFs faster.
Auto Document Fix
Automatically employs area-by-area correction for beautiful, easy-to-view scans.
Auto Scan Mode
Automatically recognizes the type of original, then scans and saves with suitable settings with one click of the Scan button.
Advanced Z-Lid Expansion Top
Lifts approximately one-inch to scan large items such as personal notebooks, and other thick documents.
Send to Cloud
An easy way to send all your data or attachments to Dropbox or Evernote with a single button.
Plug the cable into your PC for a super-fast connection for your data transfers.
|Scanner Element||Contact Image Sensor (CIS)|
|Light Source||Three-color (RGB) LED|
|Maximum Resolution||Optical: 4800 x 4800 dpi||Interpolated: 19,200 x 19,200 dpi|
|Scanning Mode||Color: 48-bit internal/48 bit or 24-bit external||Grayscale: 16-bit internal/8-bit external|
|Scanner Buttons (EZ Buttons)||Auto Scan, Copy, PDF (x2), Send|
|Maximum Document Size||8.5 inches x 11.7 inches|
|Power Requirements||Hi-Speed USB|
|Maximum Power Consumption||2.5W (1.4 W Standby)|
|Environmental Conditions (without condensation)||Operating humidity: 10% - 90% RH|
Disclaimers: Copied from Setup Sheets
1. Evernote or Dropbox software must be installed on computer for 'Send To Cloud' function to work with those services
2. Optical resolution is a measure of maximum hardware sampling resolution, based on ISO 14473 standard.
3. For network users, Auto Scan Mode is only available when scanning at a computer using MP Navigator EX software and selecting the 1-click feature then 'Save to PC'.
4. Scan speed indicates the time measured between pressing the scan button of the scanner driver and the on-screen status display turns off. Scan speed will vary depending upon a number of factors.
5. To install using Windows OS, .NET Framework 4 is required. Compatible still image formats are PDF (created using Canon PDF Creator only), JPEG (Exif), TIFF, and PNG. Compatible video formats are MOV (from select Canon digital cameras only) and MP4 (from select Canon digital camcorders only).
6. Operation can only be guaranteed on a PC with pre-installed Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Vista or XP and MAC.
7. Internet Connection required during software installation
8. Warranty programs are subject to certain conditions and restrictions.
Compare with similar items
Canon Office Products LiDE120 Color Image Scanner
Brother Mobile Color Page Scanner, DS-620, Fast Scanning Speeds, Compact and Lightweight, Compatible with BR-Receipts
Flip-Pal mobile scanner with 4GB SD card and USB adapter. EasyStitch and StoryScans talking images software
Epson WorkForce DS-30 Portable Document & Image Scanner
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Flip-Pal mobile scanner||Amazon.com|
|Connection Type||USB||USB||USB||SD Memory Card and optional Wi-Fi||USB|
|Item Dimensions||9.9 x 14.4 x 1.6 in||9.9 x 14.6 x 1.6 in||2.1 x 11.4 x 1.4 in||10.25 x 6.5 x 1.25 in||10.86 x 1.97 x 1.45 in|
|Item Weight||3.4 lbs||3.4 lbs||0.88 lb||1.25 lbs||0.7 lb|
|Computer Platform||Windows, Mac||Windows, Mac||Windows, Mac, Linux||Windows, OS-X, iOS, Android||Windows and Mac|
Canon CanoScan LiDE 220 Flatbed Scanner - 4800 dpi Optical
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The only issue is that it did not work automatically on my Mac, and it didn't tell you how to set it up. If you're reading this and need it to work for a Mac, go to usa . canon . com / internet / portal / us / home / support / details / scanners / photo-scanner / canoscan-lide- 220 without spaces (I can't link). Download the full driver and software package for Mac. This will let it work and give you the software. Put the the "Canon IJ ScanGear Starter EX" icon somewhere easily accessible. Just attach the scanner and click that, and it gives you the preview and all the options for scanning.
This will give you much more flexibility in use in terms of resolution settings.
But I encountered another issue. When I go to scan an image of a regular photo at 4800dpi, it pops up a window that says:
Scanning cannot be performed unless the crop size, output size or output resolution is reduced to 10208 x 14032 pixels or less.
This is about 2.1” x 3”. So you can’t scan at 4800dpi as stated, except for very small, slide sized images.
For all practical purposes, about 1200x1200 is the maximum size you can scan at.
Now, I may be missing something else (and if so, please tell me), but I can't do what I want and/or this is getting a little complicated for just wanting to scan images at a higher resolution.
o I wanted a light, compact and portable scanner that I could pick up and move anywhere.
o It does not require a separate power source; again, helping with portability. Just plug into the USB port.
o Quality of the scans, both documents and photos were pretty good. I wasn't looking for anything outstanding; just a reasonably good image of the document or photo. It delivered on those points.
However, I don't think the software / drivers work correctly with Windows 10 machines. After working just fine for months on my Windows 8 PC, once I upgraded the machine to Windows 10 a couple of months ago, it would frequently get stuck mid-scan, or it would not recognize that it was connected at all. I initially thought it might be a problem with my PC. However, I just bought a brand new Windows 10 laptop and have noticed the same problems on this machine as well. I downloaded the latest available software and drivers from Canon's website. The attached photo shows one of the issues I faced. At other times, it would start scanning and then freeze. Just once, it scanned the document correctly.