BCA Month Salon Beauty Magazine Deals Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now HTL17_gno

on October 8, 2005
The Coach made case for my Canon SD550 camera adds a bit of elegeance and not much protection. When worn on the belt, the profile is such that the camera hangs close to the body. The case is attached to the belt with a strong well sewn (no Velcro) leather loop that will not tear off. The case opens and closes using a relatively strong magnetic snap. However, this can open easily during normal walking. I think the magnetic snap should be replaced with a more positive locking device. Also, the camera sometimes binds to the edges of the case when putting the camera in. It works better using two hands which gets to be a pain in the butt. In addition, I think the case should have more padding and a softer feel instead of the "card boardy, stiff feel" that it does have.
on March 19, 2005
Amazon knocked off twenty dollars off the case since I brought it with my SD110 Digatal Elph camera. I needed a case for my new camera so it turned out to be a great deal. The case is leather and it has a magnetic snap.

Things I like about this case...

- The magnetic snap is really awesome because it makes closing the case a lot faster without looking.

- There is an available belt loop to hook this case to your belt.

- If I were to drop this case with my camera in it I feel confident the camera would be protected because the case is designed to take the impact.

Three cons of this case are...

- It will not keep moisture and dirt out.

- While the case fits the SD100 like a glove, the case is too large to fit in your pocket.

- It is expensive if you have to pay full price.

PS: If you really wanted to, you probably could squeeze either an extra memory card of battery into this case along with the camera.
on October 24, 2005
I had to give this product a 1-star rating eventhough I liked the styling and the quality of this product. However, something very "rare" happened to my camera as a result of purchasing this particular leather case. See below which came from Canon Tech Support. Buyer beware !

Not sure if it's the camera's fault or the case's fault or the fact that Amazon bundled this case along w/ the camera.

> Thank you for your inquiry. We are sorry to hear that the casing for

> your PowerShot SD110 is becoming spotted.

> The processing of the special silver coating on the face of the

> PowerShot SD110 Digital ELPH contributes to its unprecedented

texture.

> However, it has been discovered that-in some extremely rare

> cases-storing the camera in a leather case or similar accessory can

> cause a chemical reaction with the silver plating that creates

black

> spots on the camera's exterior cover. Please rest assured that this

> reaction has no effect on the functioning of the camera or the

people

> who use it.

> We offer our sincerest apologies for the considerable inconvenience

> this

> represents.

> For details on how to have your camera serviced, please see the

> information below.

> We spare no effort in our quality management, to make sure our

> customers

> can use our products with confidence. We hope our efforts will earn

> your

> understanding.

> The exterior cover will replaced with one made of a different

plating

> material free of charge at our service center. However, because of

the

> material used, please understand that the color of the new cover

will

> be

> somewhat different.

> Please forward your digital camera to the Factory Service Center

shown

> below. When shipping your camera, please be sure to remove the SD

> memory card and battery. You are not required to send any

accessories

> or manuals when shipping the camera...
on August 4, 2005
It is a nice case, but the inside lining is NOT soft at all. It's just what feels like scratchy fabric. It think that everyday use would eventually start to wear some of the silver finish off of the camera, honestly. And I don't like how the metal fastener comes on top of the camera when you're putting the camera in the case. The only really redeming quality about the case (other then being a 'coach' case and made of leather) is the fact that the leater is EXTREMELY stiff. If I dropped the camera while it was in this case, I'd feel confident that it would be okay. I still bought the Canon soft leather case for the camera because regarding the Coach case, the cons outweighed the pros for it. The Coach case was free when I bought the camera, and I definitely wouldn't have paid for it!
on January 28, 2007
Why do prices fluctuate so much on Amazon? I got mine new from them for $9.99. Now they are $80 bucks. You gotta be kidding me. Any ways it's a nice looking case, and a good fit for just about any of the Powershot S or SD series Canon's. I've used it with the S500, SD550 and now the 800IS. One guy mentioned his camera corroding, but I don't see that happening with mine. Makes a nice gift for anyone who likes the Coach products.
on September 3, 2008
I had bought this case with my Canon S410 both purchased from Amazon. The case has withstood the tests of time and has protected the camera very well. The Coach brand is what had attracted me over the regular Canon case and it has not let me down. The only negatives is that the case is madfe from hard material and has gaps near the top flaps on the side. Otherwise a very nice product indeed and very long lasting.
on July 11, 2006
This case should be a great buy - I got it on sale, it's very chic, it fits my camera well.

However, after about a year of use, I noticed that my camera's metal body had started to corrode! I don't think it is just a matter of the material inside the case being scratchy, since areas are corroding that don't touch the case. I live in AZ, where the humidity is usually under 20%, so it's not like the case was trapping moisture in it. My friend has the same camera and bought it about a month before I got mine, and his camera body is fine.

Overall, I am very disappointed in this case and in Coach.
on March 21, 2006
While the case fits my Canon perfectly, what is one to do with extra cards and rechargable batteries? These aren't big, but there is absolutely no space aboard this camera case to stow such necesseties. It's a handsome case, but plan on needing another bag. It would be nice if it had the option of a strap, too. Once you have the camera out, you need to find a place to sit the case. With a strap, you could just leave it slung across your body. (It does have a loop on the back with which to thread it onto a belt, but this seems more "guy" than "gal" friendly. R. Roman, Somerset, CA
on February 15, 2015
Very Satisfied
on December 27, 2006
Case is overall OK in form and function, there are far better cases (Target store, green "CaseLogic") out there for the Canon Elph series. I did score points with my sister-in-law for ordering her a Coach-branded product.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.