Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 20 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 30 reviews
on June 17, 2009
When I first got this machine, I was ready to give it 5 stars. It set up easily and made fast, great quality copies. I noticed a couple of glitches but thought them minor. But after a few days I have discovered shortcomings of the unit, hence the 4-stars. I was considering 3 but figure that's too low since it does basic things well. It is a multi-purpose machine, but not all-purpose.

Pros:
* Excellent quality printing and copies
* Scan-once-print-many I think describes how the machine copies - scans a document once and prints as many copies as you order. Good feature!
* Fast (compared to my old HP LJ5P)
* Simple toner cart loading
* Allows straight-through printing for heavy stock you don't want to curl
* Fairly easy manual paper feed, but with a shut-down quirk (see below)
* Standby mode nice to save energy
* Good price after rebate

Cons:
* It's not a computer-linked scanner as I thought. Looks like one, isn't.
* Paper handling is less than stellar. Paper cartridge falls out if not handled exactly correctly, but paper doesn't come out with it, spilling all over the floor (reminds me of the card game 52 Pickup). The cartridge actually is only half a cartridge -- open at the end inside the printer, not anchored well, feels flimsy. Paper tray on my old HP 5P is years better than this one.
* Machine locks up if you feed an odd-size sheet through the manual paper feed. No way to reset it except unplug. So it prints only one odd-size sheet at a time. Print one, unplug, print another, unplug.... I'm used to a button that clears errors and resets. None on this printer. You can pre-set paper size to avoid the lockup, but sometimes I have one smaller sheet to print for which the unit does not have a setting.
* Kind of big, both footprint and height, but that may not be a problem for you.

The large block of "Cons" makes this look more negative than I feel it should, but those are the negatives I find. If you don't need a machine than scans to the computer, and if you can handle the quirky paper-feed requirements, it's great. At the price, if it were used just as a copier for a small office it would be well worth the price.
on January 30, 2009
It works fine. It even prints well with Vista.

Quality of print is wonderful and it is not noisy. It is BIG. So if you want something small, that is not for you. I even tested two pages on one function and it works beautifully.But two in one does not mean back to back.I am talking about two pages condensed on one side of the page after reduction in size.You can use the standard or legal size for that.

[...]

The only thing that I did not like was the toner capacity. It ran out after 1100 copies. There is a counter on the printer, so really there is no chance of misperception about the exact copies made. The description says that it was a full toner and not a trial one, so it should have lasted approximately 2200 pages. Fortunately, I had ordered a spare one and that is working fine.
on October 1, 2008
I selected this copier/printer based on price, features and the Canon name. I felt like I got "Oh such a deal" at the time I bought mine in Sept.08. It was painless to set up: install the software; plug in the USB cable (not provided) when prompted and click <OK> and Voila! I set it up as a shared printer and it is now the main printer in our 4 PC home network.

- Its quick
- Makes clear, clean copies
- Not as quiet as some when printing but definitely not loud
- Top sheet feeder works well, even for multiple sheets
- Toner cartridge was a breeze to install
- Enters and exits its "sleep" mode flawlessly, even from another PC on the network
- Comes with a FULL TONER CARTRIDGE, not a starter. For those who do not know about this: many new printers, especially when being sold at LOW prices, are sold with a toner cartridge that's only good for a few hundred copies at most. Just enough to get you started on day one and to give you time to go buy a "real" toner cartridge. This is often how the mfg's will move more units, by selling them at super-low prices knowing they will make their profits on you returning for toner.

With the rebate I couldn't pass this up, although if I were paying full retail I would have chosen one that also scans to the PC. This one DOES NOT. It is only a printer and copier. I would also consider one that has a Print server and NIC built-in IF I could also connect directly for scanning.

I would recommend this printer.
on February 6, 2010
For most, having the automatic sheet feed would be a most desirable option. However, if you need to copy a legal-size original that cannot be put through the sheet feeder, this copier won't do it. The physical space required for the sheet feeder took away length from the platen. As a result, the largest original that can be copied on the platen is around 8-1/2" x 12".

I returned the D340 for a D320, which is identical in every way, except that it has a platen big enough for a legal sized paper and no automatic sheet feeder. Although I have had the machine for a short time, it seems to deserve the praise that other reviewers have mentioned.

Thanks to Amazon for their excellent return policy. It was everything I could have hoped it would be.
on February 8, 2010
The printer copier is certainly acceptable for most uses. It is quiet, fast and has acceptable quality. I wish the flat bed scaner was larger - it is only letter sized. Legal size must be scanned in the autofeed which is okay if the original can be rolled through the autofeed. It is very difficult to copy portions of a larger document (newpaper, building plan, etc.) as there are barriers on the left and rear of th scaning bed prohibiting the original form exceeding the scaning bed itself. I have not yet received an acknowledgement from Cannon about the promised rebate - I have heard others have not received their rebate - I want to believe in Canon.
on March 29, 2010
THIS CANON 340 REPLACED AN HP1522 MULTIFUNCTION ALL-IN-ONE THAT WAS NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS FROM THE TIME I PURCHASED IT AT STAPLES, IT WAS PRONE TO JAMMING AND WITHIN 2 YEARS COMPLETELY FAILED. NOT ONLY WAS THE HP OVERPRICED, BUT THOSE MAIL IN REBATES THEY TOUT ARE A COMPLETE FRAUD. I WISH I HAD KNOW ABOUT THIS COPIER/PRINTER BEFORE I WASTED MY MONEY AT STAPLES, I'D HAVE SAVE A LOT OF GRIEF AND MONEY. IT'S A GREAT BUY FOR THE MONEY, AND I GOT 20 YEARS OF SERVICE FROM AN OLD CANON COPIER FROM THE 80s. THIS COPIER/PRINTER IS SO MUCH QUIETER AND SMOOTHER THAN THAT HP -- AND IT W-O-R-K-S BEAUTIFULLY!!!!
on December 23, 2009
We are so pleased with this copier. We have always chosen Canon because we've had such good experiences with Canon. This is the best printer. We shopped on Amazon and found the best price. Yesterday our computer support person hooked up this copier to our two work computers and we no longer need the printer we were using with expensive ink cartridges. Note we only print in black ink at work. It has many wonderful features. Can't say enough about it.
on June 24, 2011
Previously owned same product so I'm already aware and familiar with the machine. I was very surprised at the price that I bought it for and that was a good surprise. The machine arrived as indicated brand new in mint condition and we were able to connect it and put it to use right away! It performs great and I have no other comments. Thank You.
on December 9, 2010
For a small office, this copier is a grear value at this price. The replacement cartrige and toner are pretty reasonable, we print about 100 pages / month and it has been working for about 1 year now. Only have to change the 2 in 1 toner once.
on February 9, 2013
Very excellent product from a very good seller. It is a great copier/printer and it lasted for many years with a lot of use. The price was good and fairly fast delivery! I love it.