Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Echo $129.99 All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis B06ZY5XM7W Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,026 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,136 reviews
on January 8, 2010
Some of the earliest reviews (back from 2003, 2004) gave this bag 1, 2 or 3 stars because the measurements were very misleading. OK well it's 2010 now. Everyone who researches this bag knows it won't hold 2 bodies and 4 lenses lol Why Canon never updated the product tag, I have no idea! But whatever, it's a known typo. So I wanted to move on from that and write a review for what this bag is: Small in size, BIG in quality.

For such a diminutive bag, it packs a big punch. Internal dimensions are (W * H * D): 9 * 6 1/2 * 5 1/4 inches. The main compartment holds my Canon 50D with a short prime attached (35mm, 50mm, etc.). Rebels are smaller so it can hold one with the kit lens. With my 50D there is space leftover in the main compartment for an additional lens (up to 6" in length), or other similar sized item(s). Outside there is a small front zippered pocket, the inside of which is further divided into several more small pockets. It more than big enough to hold my Canon TC80N3 Timer Remote Control for EOS D30, D60, D10, 1D, 1V & 20D SLR Cameras. It's also perfect for filters, lends caps, cloths, pens, etc. The top flap also has a zippered pocket but since this pocket comes down on top of your camera you won't want to put anything large or jagged in it. It's wide enough to hold the 50's user manual but it's not deep enough to zip shut with the manual inside.

The case comes with two straps, a removable shoulder strap and a built-in waist strap. The waist strap tucks away into the bach of the bag so if you never use it, you never see it. And if you don't like straps, the top of the case has a nice padded carrying handle. The hardware is all metal, very high quality. The zippers, pulls and clips are all sturdy brushed metal. It's really a handsome looking bag, more masculine than some of the others I looked at.

I've uploaded some photos here in case that helps.
44 comments| 89 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 24, 2012
I recently received the Canon EOS T2i for Christmas and the bundle came with a full-size Rebel Gear Bag. Although the bag that came with my bundle is large enough to hold everything I need and more it is not practicable for small family events and outings. I am an amateur photographer and the Canon T2i is my first DSLR camera. I wanted something that would hold my camera, the 18-55mm kit lens, the 55-250mm kit lens, battery charger, spare battery, Lenspen lens cleaner, and extra memory cards. The 100EG Deluxe Gadget Bag fits the bill perfectly holding everything I just described safely snugged inside. If I lay the additional second divider pad that came with the bag across the top, over the camera, I'll even have room left if at some point I want to add an external Speedlite camera flash. The quality of the bag and strap is exactly what I expected and the price was right through Amazon. Local retailers wanted almost twice as much for this bag. Anyone looking for a quality compact DSLR camera bag for regular use look no further. It is great for taking along to birthday parties and family events. I am certain you will like it as much as I do.
review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image
on February 19, 2016
This is a super cute little bag. Emphasis on "little". I should have read through more reviews before buying this. I have a Canon 70D and with the camera body and one lens there is little room left inside. The pocket is great and I really love the way this looks and it's well made. For MY use, it's only 1 or 2 stars but I try not to be unfair in my reviews because really, it's my fault I got this bag without enough research :-) If you have the 70D and one lens and that's all you want to carry around, this is a super bag. I am actually keeping it for those times when I don't want to carry more than one lens. In all fairness, the lens in the bag as shown is in a sack and it's a larger lens so a standard lens without a sack. When I put in a kit lens and my 300 zoom lens without sacks, they fit. It just depends on your needs. The thing I really dislike about the bag is I would have to take out the dividers to carry around my camera with a lens attached. The 70D is a pretty large camera. I also tried this out with my Nikon 3200 and it was a nice fit.
review image review image
VINE VOICEon December 10, 2011
I love this camera bag!!!! I mostly just take my camera to family gatherings and to cemeteries for photographing headstones (I am a F-A-G volunteer), but occasionally I go on nature walks and just out-and-about taking photos. This well-designed bag fits my every need. And it is small, very compact, extremely well made, and great looking. It feels extra secure because in addition to the shoulder strap I can strap the bag around my waist with the extra strap that when not in use can be hidden securely within a flat flap attached to the bag of the camera bag and fastened with snaps. Check out my photos to see how this waist strap works/looks. There are also ridged rubber runners on the bottom of the bag from prevent wear and to protect the bottom of the bag.

This unassuming looking bag will actually hold all I need for any of my outings. The following list of equipment fits fine in the bag.

In main body (very well separated with, and safely stored between, velco attachable, movable well-padded dividers):
Cannon Rebel EOS 500d 10.1 MP camera; with strap + Cannon 18-55mm lens (including lens cap and ultraviolet filter) + PUFFER flash diffuser, all attached to body.
Cannon 55-250 telephoto zoom lens with lens cap, ultraviolet filter, and lens end cap attached.
Cannon fixed 50 mm lens with lens cap, ultraviolet filter, and lens end cap attached.
Wall-Plug Cannon Battery Charger.
Wall-Plug Sony Battery Charger.
A small change-purse can also be tucked in for ladies who don't carry wallets in their pants pockets and don't want to tote a purese.

In Top pocket:
Camera instruction book (the inside zip mesh pocket will not zip, but book fits well within top of bag and is quite secure and accessible).

In Front pocket:
Sony CyberShot 7.2 pixel Digital Camera.
Extra battery for Cannon Camaera.
Extra battery for Sony Camera.
Extra Data Cards.
58mm Heavy Duty Rubber Lens Hood.
52mm Heavy Duty Rubber Lens Hood.
Pen.
Small note pad.

While strong and well made with metal clasps for the shoulder strap and to safely fasten the top of the bag closed (top also closes with a zipper closure designed to allow extra room in the top of the camera bag), the bag itself is extremely lightweight. In fact, the bag with strap attached and all the above listed equipment weights only 5 pounds and 13 ounces. That is only a little more than the every-day purse I carry most all the time.

Of course, I don't need to carry all this camera equipment for every excursion. Granted it isn't easy to get everything out of the bag quickly when it has all the above listed items packed inside. However, once I am where I am headed I usually put my camera around my neck; that opens up a lot of space to be able to get to other items, get them out for switching lens and put them back in place in the bag much quicker with the camera body not in the bag.

If there are any cons worth mentioning about the Cannon Deluxe Gadget Bag 100EG, there are only two minor ones that come to mind:
1) The clasp on the strap that hold camera bag around your waist works like most clasps on fanny packs but with a stronger, heavier clasp than the fanny packs. In fact, this can make the clasp a little bit difficult to open. This of course makes it safer for your equipment. However, I have just a touch of arthritis in my fingers and for me it is a bit difficult to open. I have to concentrate and grasp it exactly in the correct spot on the clasp. But - it just takes a second longer.
2) I am too dense to understand the point of the 'curved' shoulder strap. The strap itself is well padded for comfort. But the reasoning for the curvature escapes me. I have to assume that it has something to do with comfort. However, you really couldn't get enough weight in this bag, due to its compact size, for it to be too uncomfortable on your shoulder even if it had just a straight style strap. To me this curved designed lessens how secure the strap feels on my shoulder. I don't think I have seen this mentioned in any other review, so I am guessing it must just be me on this one.

I checked this bag out at some local stores, at nearly twice the price I may add ($44.97 and $49.95 at discount stores).I wanted to get a visual feel for whether I could fit at least my camera body with attached lens, puffer, and strap and my telephoto lens both in the bag. Actually, I didn't feel after looking at the bag in person that I could get even those minimum pieces of equipment to fit. I am, obviously, not a very good judge of logistics. So I drew a diagram to scale and measured my pieces of equipment. The measurements didn't lie. When I received that bag and got everything inside, I found the bag had originally fooled me with its compact size. But I wasn't ever fooled about the price, which is why I bought it at Amazon's great and economical price and added a toy for my kitties in order to get free shipping to boot. Shipping was surprisingly fast. What an extraordinary deal!!! Now I can quit toting my camera in a hot pink six-pack cooler.

Believe the reviews when they tell you - you'll be pleasantly surprised if you have 2-3 lens and a body plus extras gadgets.
on January 1, 2016
Yes, this is a pretty small bag. It's not going to hold a DSLR decked out with multiple lenses, flashes, and so on, but it's pretty good for the hobbyist photographer who likes to travel light. I usually carry around a small Canon EOS Rebel SL1 Digital SLR Camera (Body Only), a much larger Tamron SP 24-70mm Di VC USD Canon Mount AFA007C-700 (Model A007E), and Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Camera Lens - Fixed in the main compartment. The SL1 body with the Tamron lens takes up the whole compartment lengthwise, whereas I can fit the SL1 side by side with the Tamron if I've outfitted it with the 50mm. Either way, it's a snug fit, so don't expect to carry around more lenses.

It comes with two modular dividers which are a soft foam. The front has a smaller pocket that it perfect for a spare battery and charger, as well as any extra memory cards. This bag won't be able to hold all of your travel essentials, but it's compact and sturdy enough for you to reliably carry enough of your camera gear.
on July 30, 2012
We originally bought this bag at Wal-Mart for my husband's Canon T3i camera, we hesitated on it because it was so expensive. However, we got it and were happy with the quality of the bag. We knew that if you were going to spend that much on a camera, you would absolutely need to get a durable bag to protect it.

Well, we love getting great deals and my husband, feeling as though he did not get a great deal, decided to check out the price on Amazon when we got home. Wouldn't you know it, it was more than $20 cheaper on Amazon! So we returned the one we got and ordered it here. If it could be possible, the bag that arrived from Amazon, seemed to be in better shape for some reason. Meaning that it didn't seem as beat up as the one we had just bought at the store!

Many have commented on the size of the bag being misleading. They aren't lying. We weren't disappointed because like I said, we had just got one at Wal-Mart. We only use one camera per case so we didn't need to put more than one camera in it. I really don't see how you could put more than one camera in it. My husband has one other lens that he puts in this bag and it does fit. We keep our extra batteries in here plus an extra card or two. We got the big grip that goes on the bottom of the camera and houses the two batteries. We don't take it off to put it in this bag and it still fits fine.

It also comes with a shoulder strap for those who want to sling it over your shoulder. I like the shoulder strap, but my husband doesn't so he took it off (it unclips).

The material for the bag is thick and sturdy. There is an extra little zipper in the bag itself as well as on the outside. There is all sorts of neat little compartments on this bag. Plus the front has a clip that keeps the front flap hooked down, so after you zip it up you can also clip it for extra security!

I love this bag and would recommend it to those who only want to take one camera and one lens at a time. If you need to take more than this, well, you might want to consider something else.
on July 21, 2016
I am very happy with this camera bag and it perfectly suits my needs. I use it for carrying the camera Canon EOS Rebel SL1 with the smaller lens on it, the charger, the tiny manuals(in the chain pockets), the memory cards and a few more tiny things. Carrying the second bigger lens is possible but it becomes a lot cramped and I think the other lens can be damaged. I dont carry the second lens normally so this bag is good for me. If I have to carry the second lens then I will carry it in its original box. Compared to this the other canon bag(available on amazon) is really big. That looks like a bulky thing. This one is the perfect size. I dont know about how safe it is for camera in adverse conditions as I havent tried that, didnt dare to :).
on January 21, 2017
Great bag for my needs. I couldn't really find a review that could really answer my questions as far as what I could fit in it. So I went out on a limb and purchased it and I'm glad I did. It's a great size bag for small travels or hikes, when you don't need to carry a lot with you. I don't own much gear, but I was able to fit my T3i with the 50mm lens attached, 18-55mm lens and my 75-300mm lens without it being crammed. Front pocket serves great for storage of the charger and an extra battery. The rubber pads on the bottom have great grip, so you don't have to worry about it sliding off whatever you put it on. I love the fact that they went with metal clips/D rings for the strap and the cover. I believe it said it was water resistant material, so I tested it with some water and it rolled right off the surface of the bag. It also has a hidden waist strap on the back in case you want to wear it as a fanny pack or if you just want to keep it from swinging while walking or hiking. Overall it a great small travel/hiking bag for a great price. But if you own more gear than me, I suggest taking a look at the canon gadget 10G or 1G. Hope this review helps.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon February 4, 2014
K. Larson's review covers it very well, but I'll add my two cents. For the 25 bucks currently asked, this is one of the best values in a camera bag I have seen. The quality level is exceptional. Extremely well designed, top notch materials, all the right 'extras' and a lot more than you would expect at this price. High quality rubber/plastic feet, super nice straps (two), easy to fasten, durable, and well machined metal clasps, a great pocket with interior storage on the front, nice padded dividers inside, and a very compact, yet highly usable size.

This is not big enough for a DSLR and 2 lenses, flash, and so on, this is more of a compact kit bag, think compact P&S or a mirror-less compact system like the Samsung line (NX300, EX2F, NX1100/1000, etc.) or Olympus E-PM2, or Panasonic LX7 and similar. I'm using mine with the Samsung NX300 and the 18-55mm Zoom. There's just enough room for the camera and kit lens, maybe an extra pancake lens, charger, batteries, cards, and cables. If you want a light, compact kit to go, this is your bag!

The bag is moisture resistant, has a nice pull-over top flap, great zippers with added "tags" to make them easy to find and grasp, very nice fabric, just an excellent bag in every way.

Highly recommended!
on April 20, 2011
My wife and I were looking for a camera bag to hold our DSLR (Canon T2i) with prime lens, a spare kit zoom-lens, pocket video camera (Kodak Playsport ZX3), and associated cables/chargers. We needed the smallest bag possible which would fit all of our items.

Upon receiving this bag and zipping it open, I was concerned that the few things we DID have wouldn't fit. Thankfully, the bag includes pre-creased velcro separators to partition the inside and allow some organizational creativity. We ended up arranging the walls so we have a left, right, and center pocket. The walls fold down to cover up the left and right pockets (cables on the left, kit-zoom on the right), and the DSLR rests lens-down (holster-style) in the middle pocket. This gives us exactly enough room to fit everything inside the bag. The pocket video camera rides up front in the outer-zip pocket.

Other than being a tight fit, the quality and construction of the bag are very solid. The padding seems good for the price range and the bottom has four rubber feet to help it stay put. Let me put it this way: if this slid off my kitchen table and hit the floor, I wouldn't be worried about my gear. You may feel differently based on the weight/size of your gear. The inside includes some embroidered canon accents on the zipper/mesh area, giving it that extra polish which makes you feel like you bought a superior (aka name-brand) product. I expect this bag to last me well beyond my current camera.

So, who is this bag for? The person who needs the smallest possible carrying case to keep their small amount of gear safe. If you've already got a second bag, or have to lug around a diaper bag for your young ones, this comes along for the ride without hogging all your space or attention. Also, if you primarily shoot with a small prime lens, you can exploit the separators to create a center-holster and jam even more stuff in there.

On the other hand, I would avoid this bag if you are planning on toting more than 2 lenses. Also, if you are planning on using this to carry a long lens, I would recommend finding one of these in a brick-and-mortar store to test-fit your goodies.

No doubt, this is a tight bag which was probably created for camcorders, but it is perfect for us!
review image review image review image