Industrial Deals HPC Design the future with O'Reilly Media Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Limited time offer Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

Canon Deluxe Gadget Bag 100EG
Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

Top Contributor: Petson October 20, 2017
Let me start by saying I'm just your run-of-the-mill regular photographer who sometimes takes pictures with something other than my cell phone. I'm not a pro and I'm not a camera snob. Which also means I have pretty normal expectations. I already have a camera bag that fits just my camera and lens, so I was looking for something a little bigger to hold the rest of my stuff. This has worked perfectly. It's large enough, but not so large it feels cumbersome to carry around. I have an Olympus micro 4/3 camera and I can fit the camera body, 3 lenses (prime, kit, and zoom), 2 batteries + charger, filters, lens hood, and cleaning kit in this case. As others have said, it would be nice if it had a couple smaller pockets on the side. But I suppose if it did, it would be this one: Canon Deluxe Gadget Bag 10EG. For the price, this is an excellent option.
review image
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 1, 2016
Yes, this is a pretty small bag. It's not going to hold a DSLR decked out with multiple lenses, flashes, and so on, but it's pretty good for the hobbyist photographer who likes to travel light. I usually carry around a small Canon EOS Rebel SL1 Digital SLR Camera (Body Only), a much larger Tamron SP 24-70mm Di VC USD Canon Mount AFA007C-700 (Model A007E), and Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Camera Lens - Fixed in the main compartment. The SL1 body with the Tamron lens takes up the whole compartment lengthwise, whereas I can fit the SL1 side by side with the Tamron if I've outfitted it with the 50mm. Either way, it's a snug fit, so don't expect to carry around more lenses.

It comes with two modular dividers which are a soft foam. The front has a smaller pocket that it perfect for a spare battery and charger, as well as any extra memory cards. This bag won't be able to hold all of your travel essentials, but it's compact and sturdy enough for you to reliably carry enough of your camera gear.
on July 30, 2012
We originally bought this bag at Wal-Mart for my husband's Canon T3i camera, we hesitated on it because it was so expensive. However, we got it and were happy with the quality of the bag. We knew that if you were going to spend that much on a camera, you would absolutely need to get a durable bag to protect it.

Well, we love getting great deals and my husband, feeling as though he did not get a great deal, decided to check out the price on Amazon when we got home. Wouldn't you know it, it was more than $20 cheaper on Amazon! So we returned the one we got and ordered it here. If it could be possible, the bag that arrived from Amazon, seemed to be in better shape for some reason. Meaning that it didn't seem as beat up as the one we had just bought at the store!

Many have commented on the size of the bag being misleading. They aren't lying. We weren't disappointed because like I said, we had just got one at Wal-Mart. We only use one camera per case so we didn't need to put more than one camera in it. I really don't see how you could put more than one camera in it. My husband has one other lens that he puts in this bag and it does fit. We keep our extra batteries in here plus an extra card or two. We got the big grip that goes on the bottom of the camera and houses the two batteries. We don't take it off to put it in this bag and it still fits fine.

It also comes with a shoulder strap for those who want to sling it over your shoulder. I like the shoulder strap, but my husband doesn't so he took it off (it unclips).

The material for the bag is thick and sturdy. There is an extra little zipper in the bag itself as well as on the outside. There is all sorts of neat little compartments on this bag. Plus the front has a clip that keeps the front flap hooked down, so after you zip it up you can also clip it for extra security!

I love this bag and would recommend it to those who only want to take one camera and one lens at a time. If you need to take more than this, well, you might want to consider something else.
on July 21, 2016
I am very happy with this camera bag and it perfectly suits my needs. I use it for carrying the camera Canon EOS Rebel SL1 with the smaller lens on it, the charger, the tiny manuals(in the chain pockets), the memory cards and a few more tiny things. Carrying the second bigger lens is possible but it becomes a lot cramped and I think the other lens can be damaged. I dont carry the second lens normally so this bag is good for me. If I have to carry the second lens then I will carry it in its original box. Compared to this the other canon bag(available on amazon) is really big. That looks like a bulky thing. This one is the perfect size. I dont know about how safe it is for camera in adverse conditions as I havent tried that, didnt dare to :).
on January 21, 2017
Great bag for my needs. I couldn't really find a review that could really answer my questions as far as what I could fit in it. So I went out on a limb and purchased it and I'm glad I did. It's a great size bag for small travels or hikes, when you don't need to carry a lot with you. I don't own much gear, but I was able to fit my T3i with the 50mm lens attached, 18-55mm lens and my 75-300mm lens without it being crammed. Front pocket serves great for storage of the charger and an extra battery. The rubber pads on the bottom have great grip, so you don't have to worry about it sliding off whatever you put it on. I love the fact that they went with metal clips/D rings for the strap and the cover. I believe it said it was water resistant material, so I tested it with some water and it rolled right off the surface of the bag. It also has a hidden waist strap on the back in case you want to wear it as a fanny pack or if you just want to keep it from swinging while walking or hiking. Overall it a great small travel/hiking bag for a great price. But if you own more gear than me, I suggest taking a look at the canon gadget 10G or 1G. Hope this review helps.
VINE VOICEon February 4, 2014
K. Larson's review covers it very well, but I'll add my two cents. For the 25 bucks currently asked, this is one of the best values in a camera bag I have seen. The quality level is exceptional. Extremely well designed, top notch materials, all the right 'extras' and a lot more than you would expect at this price. High quality rubber/plastic feet, super nice straps (two), easy to fasten, durable, and well machined metal clasps, a great pocket with interior storage on the front, nice padded dividers inside, and a very compact, yet highly usable size.

This is not big enough for a DSLR and 2 lenses, flash, and so on, this is more of a compact kit bag, think compact P&S or a mirror-less compact system like the Samsung line (NX300, EX2F, NX1100/1000, etc.) or Olympus E-PM2, or Panasonic LX7 and similar. I'm using mine with the Samsung NX300 and the 18-55mm Zoom. There's just enough room for the camera and kit lens, maybe an extra pancake lens, charger, batteries, cards, and cables. If you want a light, compact kit to go, this is your bag!

The bag is moisture resistant, has a nice pull-over top flap, great zippers with added "tags" to make them easy to find and grasp, very nice fabric, just an excellent bag in every way.

Highly recommended!
on April 20, 2011
My wife and I were looking for a camera bag to hold our DSLR (Canon T2i) with prime lens, a spare kit zoom-lens, pocket video camera (Kodak Playsport ZX3), and associated cables/chargers. We needed the smallest bag possible which would fit all of our items.

Upon receiving this bag and zipping it open, I was concerned that the few things we DID have wouldn't fit. Thankfully, the bag includes pre-creased velcro separators to partition the inside and allow some organizational creativity. We ended up arranging the walls so we have a left, right, and center pocket. The walls fold down to cover up the left and right pockets (cables on the left, kit-zoom on the right), and the DSLR rests lens-down (holster-style) in the middle pocket. This gives us exactly enough room to fit everything inside the bag. The pocket video camera rides up front in the outer-zip pocket.

Other than being a tight fit, the quality and construction of the bag are very solid. The padding seems good for the price range and the bottom has four rubber feet to help it stay put. Let me put it this way: if this slid off my kitchen table and hit the floor, I wouldn't be worried about my gear. You may feel differently based on the weight/size of your gear. The inside includes some embroidered canon accents on the zipper/mesh area, giving it that extra polish which makes you feel like you bought a superior (aka name-brand) product. I expect this bag to last me well beyond my current camera.

So, who is this bag for? The person who needs the smallest possible carrying case to keep their small amount of gear safe. If you've already got a second bag, or have to lug around a diaper bag for your young ones, this comes along for the ride without hogging all your space or attention. Also, if you primarily shoot with a small prime lens, you can exploit the separators to create a center-holster and jam even more stuff in there.

On the other hand, I would avoid this bag if you are planning on toting more than 2 lenses. Also, if you are planning on using this to carry a long lens, I would recommend finding one of these in a brick-and-mortar store to test-fit your goodies.

No doubt, this is a tight bag which was probably created for camcorders, but it is perfect for us!
review image review image review image
TOP 500 REVIEWERon November 24, 2015
I love this case. It is big enough to fit a Sony A6000, prime lens, camera cleaning kit, camcorder, all my cables, card reader and accessories. It is well built and has a nice feature of the clip in front. You can not see from the picture, however, the lid portion can zipper closed. I like to leave it open and just use the front clip for quick access. Zippers seem solid, nice sized are are easy to use.

Again, lots of room and seems to be a material that "should" repel some light rain or dirt should something get on it. Strap works well and it also has dividers with velcro that you can re position inside to customize the organization.

Price was nice and would recommend this to anyone looking. (I would definitively recommend going with a backpack or with a full size case if you are looking for a home to house a full DSLR camera setup. Might be too small with all the lenses, flashes and leave you short room to grow.)
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 13, 2016
We bought this camera bag about a year ago after purchasing our first nice camera - the canon rebel. It has been on multiple vacations with us, and holds everything we need it to. We are by no means extreme photographers, so this bag is more than adequate for us with space to spare. The zippers are substantial - they are not flimsy and have never gotten stuck. The straps are comfortable to lug around all day, and the clip mechanism in the front is a nice feature to keep the bag closed. The bag is also nicely padded and has survived our year of use consisting of: sitting in our closet, two beach trips, one Smokey Mountains trip, getting smashed into backpacks and trunks for travel, getting dropped on the ground, and every family birthday and special occasion, we are very satisfied with this bag's performance.
on February 25, 2014
I bought this case for my Canon Rebel T3i, which I got for Christmas. It fits all of my stuff, which includes:

-Body with kit 18-135mm lens (attached to each other - it would be awkward without them attached but could probably work)
-50mm fixed lens (in front pocket, a little snug but works)
-An extra battery

The description seems to overstate how much can fit in here - it is near capacity with these items, and I don't think I could fit another lens in here, maybe if it was something small like the 50mm. If you have lots of accessories, this is not your catch-all storage facility. But if you're new to the DSLR world and don't have a lot of accessories (like me), or you're looking for an on-the-go case that fits a couple of necessities instead of your whole collection, you can't go wrong with this bag. The bag is well-constructed but still lightweight - the clasp and zippers are metal and the whole bag feels solid. Some might like a little more padding, but I am pretty careful with the bag anyway. For $25, I got a good deal.