Lyft Vehicles Review Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18_gno

Canon Deluxe Gadget Bag 100EG
Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

on January 8, 2010
Some of the earliest reviews (back from 2003, 2004) gave this bag 1, 2 or 3 stars because the measurements were very misleading. OK well it's 2010 now. Everyone who researches this bag knows it won't hold 2 bodies and 4 lenses lol Why Canon never updated the product tag, I have no idea! But whatever, it's a known typo. So I wanted to move on from that and write a review for what this bag is: Small in size, BIG in quality.

For such a diminutive bag, it packs a big punch. Internal dimensions are (W * H * D): 9 * 6 1/2 * 5 1/4 inches. The main compartment holds my Canon 50D with a short prime attached (35mm, 50mm, etc.). Rebels are smaller so it can hold one with the kit lens. With my 50D there is space leftover in the main compartment for an additional lens (up to 6" in length), or other similar sized item(s). Outside there is a small front zippered pocket, the inside of which is further divided into several more small pockets. It more than big enough to hold my Canon TC80N3 Timer Remote Control for EOS D30, D60, D10, 1D, 1V & 20D SLR Cameras. It's also perfect for filters, lends caps, cloths, pens, etc. The top flap also has a zippered pocket but since this pocket comes down on top of your camera you won't want to put anything large or jagged in it. It's wide enough to hold the 50's user manual but it's not deep enough to zip shut with the manual inside.

The case comes with two straps, a removable shoulder strap and a built-in waist strap. The waist strap tucks away into the bach of the bag so if you never use it, you never see it. And if you don't like straps, the top of the case has a nice padded carrying handle. The hardware is all metal, very high quality. The zippers, pulls and clips are all sturdy brushed metal. It's really a handsome looking bag, more masculine than some of the others I looked at.

I've uploaded some photos here in case that helps.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
44 comments| 92 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 21, 2016
I am very happy with this camera bag and it perfectly suits my needs. I use it for carrying the camera Canon EOS Rebel SL1 with the smaller lens on it, the charger, the tiny manuals(in the chain pockets), the memory cards and a few more tiny things. Carrying the second bigger lens is possible but it becomes a lot cramped and I think the other lens can be damaged. I dont carry the second lens normally so this bag is good for me. If I have to carry the second lens then I will carry it in its original box. Compared to this the other canon bag(available on amazon) is really big. That looks like a bulky thing. This one is the perfect size. I dont know about how safe it is for camera in adverse conditions as I havent tried that, didnt dare to :).
on January 1, 2016
Yes, this is a pretty small bag. It's not going to hold a DSLR decked out with multiple lenses, flashes, and so on, but it's pretty good for the hobbyist photographer who likes to travel light. I usually carry around a small Canon EOS Rebel SL1 Digital SLR Camera (Body Only), a much larger Tamron SP 24-70mm Di VC USD Canon Mount AFA007C-700 (Model A007E), and Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Camera Lens - Fixed in the main compartment. The SL1 body with the Tamron lens takes up the whole compartment lengthwise, whereas I can fit the SL1 side by side with the Tamron if I've outfitted it with the 50mm. Either way, it's a snug fit, so don't expect to carry around more lenses.

It comes with two modular dividers which are a soft foam. The front has a smaller pocket that it perfect for a spare battery and charger, as well as any extra memory cards. This bag won't be able to hold all of your travel essentials, but it's compact and sturdy enough for you to reliably carry enough of your camera gear.
on January 21, 2017
Great bag for my needs. I couldn't really find a review that could really answer my questions as far as what I could fit in it. So I went out on a limb and purchased it and I'm glad I did. It's a great size bag for small travels or hikes, when you don't need to carry a lot with you. I don't own much gear, but I was able to fit my T3i with the 50mm lens attached, 18-55mm lens and my 75-300mm lens without it being crammed. Front pocket serves great for storage of the charger and an extra battery. The rubber pads on the bottom have great grip, so you don't have to worry about it sliding off whatever you put it on. I love the fact that they went with metal clips/D rings for the strap and the cover. I believe it said it was water resistant material, so I tested it with some water and it rolled right off the surface of the bag. It also has a hidden waist strap on the back in case you want to wear it as a fanny pack or if you just want to keep it from swinging while walking or hiking. Overall it a great small travel/hiking bag for a great price. But if you own more gear than me, I suggest taking a look at the canon gadget 10G or 1G. Hope this review helps.
on April 20, 2011
My wife and I were looking for a camera bag to hold our DSLR (Canon T2i) with prime lens, a spare kit zoom-lens, pocket video camera (Kodak Playsport ZX3), and associated cables/chargers. We needed the smallest bag possible which would fit all of our items.

Upon receiving this bag and zipping it open, I was concerned that the few things we DID have wouldn't fit. Thankfully, the bag includes pre-creased velcro separators to partition the inside and allow some organizational creativity. We ended up arranging the walls so we have a left, right, and center pocket. The walls fold down to cover up the left and right pockets (cables on the left, kit-zoom on the right), and the DSLR rests lens-down (holster-style) in the middle pocket. This gives us exactly enough room to fit everything inside the bag. The pocket video camera rides up front in the outer-zip pocket.

Other than being a tight fit, the quality and construction of the bag are very solid. The padding seems good for the price range and the bottom has four rubber feet to help it stay put. Let me put it this way: if this slid off my kitchen table and hit the floor, I wouldn't be worried about my gear. You may feel differently based on the weight/size of your gear. The inside includes some embroidered canon accents on the zipper/mesh area, giving it that extra polish which makes you feel like you bought a superior (aka name-brand) product. I expect this bag to last me well beyond my current camera.

So, who is this bag for? The person who needs the smallest possible carrying case to keep their small amount of gear safe. If you've already got a second bag, or have to lug around a diaper bag for your young ones, this comes along for the ride without hogging all your space or attention. Also, if you primarily shoot with a small prime lens, you can exploit the separators to create a center-holster and jam even more stuff in there.

On the other hand, I would avoid this bag if you are planning on toting more than 2 lenses. Also, if you are planning on using this to carry a long lens, I would recommend finding one of these in a brick-and-mortar store to test-fit your goodies.

No doubt, this is a tight bag which was probably created for camcorders, but it is perfect for us!
review imagereview imagereview image
TOP 500 REVIEWERon November 24, 2015
I love this case. It is big enough to fit a Sony A6000, prime lens, camera cleaning kit, camcorder, all my cables, card reader and accessories. It is well built and has a nice feature of the clip in front. You can not see from the picture, however, the lid portion can zipper closed. I like to leave it open and just use the front clip for quick access. Zippers seem solid, nice sized are are easy to use.

Again, lots of room and seems to be a material that "should" repel some light rain or dirt should something get on it. Strap works well and it also has dividers with velcro that you can re position inside to customize the organization.

Price was nice and would recommend this to anyone looking. (I would definitively recommend going with a backpack or with a full size case if you are looking for a home to house a full DSLR camera setup. Might be too small with all the lenses, flashes and leave you short room to grow.)
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 25, 2014
I bought this case for my Canon Rebel T3i, which I got for Christmas. It fits all of my stuff, which includes:

-Body with kit 18-135mm lens (attached to each other - it would be awkward without them attached but could probably work)
-50mm fixed lens (in front pocket, a little snug but works)
-An extra battery

The description seems to overstate how much can fit in here - it is near capacity with these items, and I don't think I could fit another lens in here, maybe if it was something small like the 50mm. If you have lots of accessories, this is not your catch-all storage facility. But if you're new to the DSLR world and don't have a lot of accessories (like me), or you're looking for an on-the-go case that fits a couple of necessities instead of your whole collection, you can't go wrong with this bag. The bag is well-constructed but still lightweight - the clasp and zippers are metal and the whole bag feels solid. Some might like a little more padding, but I am pretty careful with the bag anyway. For $25, I got a good deal.
on February 14, 2013
If you’re looking for a small/simple camera bag to tote your camera around, this might be what you’re looking for. I got a Cannon Rebel for taking vacation pictures and needed something to stash my gear in (warning: I am NOT a professional. My definition of “gear” is: the camera, its lens, the neck strap, an extra lens, an extra battery, an extra memory card, and the charger.) I am VERY happy with my purchase! The bag fits all of that and still could carry a little more (would make it harder for easy/fast access of the camera though). I LOVE that the bag is high quality – metal clips (not plastic), durable fabric, runners on the bottom (stands up to being placed on rough surfaces), and thick walls to absorb moderate impacts.

Added bonus: it’s made for all-day lugging around without causing fatigue. NOTE: there are actually 2 straps! The shoulder strap is well padded and works as a side shoulder strap or a diagonal-across-the-body shoulder strap. If you choose to use it as a diagonal strap, that’s where the 2nd strap comes in handy – the 2nd strap (not padded, but still high quality) comes out from the back of the bag and can be secured around your waist, thus minimizing the movement of the bag, and turning it into a stationary object on your body. [Ladies will understand the frustration of digging through a purse, only to have the purse move away from you as you dig. Not the case with this 2nd strap!] I got to the point where I didn’t want to take the camera bag off of me while we vacationed at Yellowstone – the two straps working together made it so that I had a nice constant arm rest, and a bag that was actually easier to access than my purse!

All I can say is that if you’re like me and need a durable bag to stand up to vacations and is not a pain to lug around (assuming that you don’t own multiple cameras/lenses) this is THE bag to buy!!!!
on November 3, 2013
This bag is absolutely perfect if you ignore the false advertising. You will NOT be able to fit as many lenses or camera bodies as it says you can. But you probably already knew that, so I'll get to the important part.

You can probably fit one body and two (or three, if you took out the pads) lenses, or one lens and two bodies in the bag.
The most important thing about this bag has to be the metal clips for the shoulder strap, by far. Most bags use plastic clips that will break eventually, but these feel very heavy and solid.
It's also very well padded with customizeable pads on the inside to fit your needs.

The strap is also nice and comfortable.
Sometimes I have to film high school football games, and for this past one I had brought my SLR and had the bag over my shoulder for 3-4 hours with little discomfort.

Overall, if you have a minimal camera setup with one body and a few lenses, this bag is for you; however, if you have something a little more, like multiple bodies or more than one telephoto lens, then go with something much bigger.
VINE VOICEon February 4, 2014
K. Larson's review covers it very well, but I'll add my two cents. For the 25 bucks currently asked, this is one of the best values in a camera bag I have seen. The quality level is exceptional. Extremely well designed, top notch materials, all the right 'extras' and a lot more than you would expect at this price. High quality rubber/plastic feet, super nice straps (two), easy to fasten, durable, and well machined metal clasps, a great pocket with interior storage on the front, nice padded dividers inside, and a very compact, yet highly usable size.

This is not big enough for a DSLR and 2 lenses, flash, and so on, this is more of a compact kit bag, think compact P&S or a mirror-less compact system like the Samsung line (NX300, EX2F, NX1100/1000, etc.) or Olympus E-PM2, or Panasonic LX7 and similar. I'm using mine with the Samsung NX300 and the 18-55mm Zoom. There's just enough room for the camera and kit lens, maybe an extra pancake lens, charger, batteries, cards, and cables. If you want a light, compact kit to go, this is your bag!

The bag is moisture resistant, has a nice pull-over top flap, great zippers with added "tags" to make them easy to find and grasp, very nice fabric, just an excellent bag in every way.

Highly recommended!