Oil month Automotive HPC Magazine Deals Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Made for you. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on January 8, 2010
Some of the earliest reviews (back from 2003, 2004) gave this bag 1, 2 or 3 stars because the measurements were very misleading. OK well it's 2010 now. Everyone who researches this bag knows it won't hold 2 bodies and 4 lenses lol Why Canon never updated the product tag, I have no idea! But whatever, it's a known typo. So I wanted to move on from that and write a review for what this bag is: Small in size, BIG in quality.

For such a diminutive bag, it packs a big punch. Internal dimensions are (W * H * D): 9 * 6 1/2 * 5 1/4 inches. The main compartment holds my Canon 50D with a short prime attached (35mm, 50mm, etc.). Rebels are smaller so it can hold one with the kit lens. With my 50D there is space leftover in the main compartment for an additional lens (up to 6" in length), or other similar sized item(s). Outside there is a small front zippered pocket, the inside of which is further divided into several more small pockets. It more than big enough to hold my Canon TC80N3 Timer Remote Control for EOS D30, D60, D10, 1D, 1V & 20D SLR Cameras. It's also perfect for filters, lends caps, cloths, pens, etc. The top flap also has a zippered pocket but since this pocket comes down on top of your camera you won't want to put anything large or jagged in it. It's wide enough to hold the 50's user manual but it's not deep enough to zip shut with the manual inside.

The case comes with two straps, a removable shoulder strap and a built-in waist strap. The waist strap tucks away into the bach of the bag so if you never use it, you never see it. And if you don't like straps, the top of the case has a nice padded carrying handle. The hardware is all metal, very high quality. The zippers, pulls and clips are all sturdy brushed metal. It's really a handsome looking bag, more masculine than some of the others I looked at.

I've uploaded some photos here in case that helps.
44 comments| 93 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 24, 2012
I recently received the Canon EOS T2i for Christmas and the bundle came with a full-size Rebel Gear Bag. Although the bag that came with my bundle is large enough to hold everything I need and more it is not practicable for small family events and outings. I am an amateur photographer and the Canon T2i is my first DSLR camera. I wanted something that would hold my camera, the 18-55mm kit lens, the 55-250mm kit lens, battery charger, spare battery, Lenspen lens cleaner, and extra memory cards. The 100EG Deluxe Gadget Bag fits the bill perfectly holding everything I just described safely snugged inside. If I lay the additional second divider pad that came with the bag across the top, over the camera, I'll even have room left if at some point I want to add an external Speedlite camera flash. The quality of the bag and strap is exactly what I expected and the price was right through Amazon. Local retailers wanted almost twice as much for this bag. Anyone looking for a quality compact DSLR camera bag for regular use look no further. It is great for taking along to birthday parties and family events. I am certain you will like it as much as I do.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
22 comments| 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
I got this compact bag to hold my Canon SL-1 two-lens kit after becoming disenchanted with my previous purchase, the Canon 9320A023 100ES Shoulder Bag. I liked the previous bag but found the lack of a zippered secure compartment for small items such as SD-cards to be a problem (I lost two brand new SD cards within weeks of purchase when I carried them in the front storage flap. I decided that I could not afford to be worried about losing smaller items (even the batteries for the SL-1 are small) so I did some research and bought this bag and it has exceeded my expectations for a bag in this price point. I am able to stow and quickly access the camera with standard lens and hood attached, plus my 75-300 telephoto zoom in its own padded compartment and have an additional compartment for the battery charger, another lens like my nifty-fifty, or even a canon speedlight, although the 580-EX II is a tight fit. Since I often use the built-in flash I'll rarely carry the external flash anyway.

The main compartment can be zippered securely and there's a very easy to use buckle closure that would suffice for keeping things safe while working from the bag. If I were traveling I'd keep it zipped but if I'm wanting quick access to the camera or other lenses I'll use only the buckle.

There is a zipper compartment in the top flap perfect for the SD cards and remote control or microfiber cloth. The front zippered compartment has two pockets for the charger and extra batteries and there is another zippered compartment in the inside front that will also carry those small, thin, easy-to-lose items safely.

The shoulder strap is well made and padded and there is a hidden waist belt with clip closure stowed inside the back of the bag. Using the shoulder strap plus the waist strap I'd feel very safe bicycling with this bag, and the small size and weight of the kit means doing so would not be dangerous or tiring.

I'm not worried that it has the small Canon logo on it--it is obviously a camera bag--and it is quite attractive.
review imagereview imagereview image
Top Contributor: Petson October 20, 2017
Let me start by saying I'm just your run-of-the-mill regular photographer who sometimes takes pictures with something other than my cell phone. I'm not a pro and I'm not a camera snob. Which also means I have pretty normal expectations. I already have a camera bag that fits just my camera and lens, so I was looking for something a little bigger to hold the rest of my stuff. This has worked perfectly. It's large enough, but not so large it feels cumbersome to carry around. I have an Olympus micro 4/3 camera and I can fit the camera body, 3 lenses (prime, kit, and zoom), 2 batteries + charger, filters, lens hood, and cleaning kit in this case. As others have said, it would be nice if it had a couple smaller pockets on the side. But I suppose if it did, it would be this one: Canon Deluxe Gadget Bag 10EG. For the price, this is an excellent option.
review image
on December 1, 2017
Great case. I felt that this bag really prorects my equipment. The main compartment is roomy enough for Canon SX500 camera, wall charger and extra batteries. It has a zippered top and metal finishing clasp. There is also a zippered front compartment for small accessories. It alao has a top padded handle and removeable shoulder strap

Walmart had the same one, but Amazon was cheaper. So, Amazon got my $. Prime shipping even sweetened the deal.
on January 1, 2016
Yes, this is a pretty small bag. It's not going to hold a DSLR decked out with multiple lenses, flashes, and so on, but it's pretty good for the hobbyist photographer who likes to travel light. I usually carry around a small Canon EOS Rebel SL1 Digital SLR Camera (Body Only), a much larger Tamron SP 24-70mm Di VC USD Canon Mount AFA007C-700 (Model A007E), and Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Camera Lens - Fixed in the main compartment. The SL1 body with the Tamron lens takes up the whole compartment lengthwise, whereas I can fit the SL1 side by side with the Tamron if I've outfitted it with the 50mm. Either way, it's a snug fit, so don't expect to carry around more lenses.

It comes with two modular dividers which are a soft foam. The front has a smaller pocket that it perfect for a spare battery and charger, as well as any extra memory cards. This bag won't be able to hold all of your travel essentials, but it's compact and sturdy enough for you to reliably carry enough of your camera gear.
VINE VOICEon December 10, 2011
I love this camera bag!!!! I mostly just take my camera to family gatherings and to cemeteries for photographing headstones (I am a F-A-G volunteer), but occasionally I go on nature walks and just out-and-about taking photos. This well-designed bag fits my every need. And it is small, very compact, extremely well made, and great looking. It feels extra secure because in addition to the shoulder strap I can strap the bag around my waist with the extra strap that when not in use can be hidden securely within a flat flap attached to the bag of the camera bag and fastened with snaps. Check out my photos to see how this waist strap works/looks. There are also ridged rubber runners on the bottom of the bag from prevent wear and to protect the bottom of the bag.

This unassuming looking bag will actually hold all I need for any of my outings. The following list of equipment fits fine in the bag.

In main body (very well separated with, and safely stored between, velco attachable, movable well-padded dividers):
Cannon Rebel EOS 500d 10.1 MP camera; with strap + Cannon 18-55mm lens (including lens cap and ultraviolet filter) + PUFFER flash diffuser, all attached to body.
Cannon 55-250 telephoto zoom lens with lens cap, ultraviolet filter, and lens end cap attached.
Cannon fixed 50 mm lens with lens cap, ultraviolet filter, and lens end cap attached.
Wall-Plug Cannon Battery Charger.
Wall-Plug Sony Battery Charger.
A small change-purse can also be tucked in for ladies who don't carry wallets in their pants pockets and don't want to tote a purese.

In Top pocket:
Camera instruction book (the inside zip mesh pocket will not zip, but book fits well within top of bag and is quite secure and accessible).

In Front pocket:
Sony CyberShot 7.2 pixel Digital Camera.
Extra battery for Cannon Camaera.
Extra battery for Sony Camera.
Extra Data Cards.
58mm Heavy Duty Rubber Lens Hood.
52mm Heavy Duty Rubber Lens Hood.
Pen.
Small note pad.

While strong and well made with metal clasps for the shoulder strap and to safely fasten the top of the bag closed (top also closes with a zipper closure designed to allow extra room in the top of the camera bag), the bag itself is extremely lightweight. In fact, the bag with strap attached and all the above listed equipment weights only 5 pounds and 13 ounces. That is only a little more than the every-day purse I carry most all the time.

Of course, I don't need to carry all this camera equipment for every excursion. Granted it isn't easy to get everything out of the bag quickly when it has all the above listed items packed inside. However, once I am where I am headed I usually put my camera around my neck; that opens up a lot of space to be able to get to other items, get them out for switching lens and put them back in place in the bag much quicker with the camera body not in the bag.

If there are any cons worth mentioning about the Cannon Deluxe Gadget Bag 100EG, there are only two minor ones that come to mind:
1) The clasp on the strap that hold camera bag around your waist works like most clasps on fanny packs but with a stronger, heavier clasp than the fanny packs. In fact, this can make the clasp a little bit difficult to open. This of course makes it safer for your equipment. However, I have just a touch of arthritis in my fingers and for me it is a bit difficult to open. I have to concentrate and grasp it exactly in the correct spot on the clasp. But - it just takes a second longer.
2) I am too dense to understand the point of the 'curved' shoulder strap. The strap itself is well padded for comfort. But the reasoning for the curvature escapes me. I have to assume that it has something to do with comfort. However, you really couldn't get enough weight in this bag, due to its compact size, for it to be too uncomfortable on your shoulder even if it had just a straight style strap. To me this curved designed lessens how secure the strap feels on my shoulder. I don't think I have seen this mentioned in any other review, so I am guessing it must just be me on this one.

I checked this bag out at some local stores, at nearly twice the price I may add ($44.97 and $49.95 at discount stores).I wanted to get a visual feel for whether I could fit at least my camera body with attached lens, puffer, and strap and my telephoto lens both in the bag. Actually, I didn't feel after looking at the bag in person that I could get even those minimum pieces of equipment to fit. I am, obviously, not a very good judge of logistics. So I drew a diagram to scale and measured my pieces of equipment. The measurements didn't lie. When I received that bag and got everything inside, I found the bag had originally fooled me with its compact size. But I wasn't ever fooled about the price, which is why I bought it at Amazon's great and economical price and added a toy for my kitties in order to get free shipping to boot. Shipping was surprisingly fast. What an extraordinary deal!!! Now I can quit toting my camera in a hot pink six-pack cooler.

Believe the reviews when they tell you - you'll be pleasantly surprised if you have 2-3 lens and a body plus extras gadgets.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon November 24, 2015
I love this case. It is big enough to fit a Sony A6000, prime lens, camera cleaning kit, camcorder, all my cables, card reader and accessories. It is well built and has a nice feature of the clip in front. You can not see from the picture, however, the lid portion can zipper closed. I like to leave it open and just use the front clip for quick access. Zippers seem solid, nice sized are are easy to use.

Again, lots of room and seems to be a material that "should" repel some light rain or dirt should something get on it. Strap works well and it also has dividers with velcro that you can re position inside to customize the organization.

Price was nice and would recommend this to anyone looking. (I would definitively recommend going with a backpack or with a full size case if you are looking for a home to house a full DSLR camera setup. Might be too small with all the lenses, flashes and leave you short room to grow.)
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
VINE VOICEon February 4, 2014
K. Larson's review covers it very well, but I'll add my two cents. For the 25 bucks currently asked, this is one of the best values in a camera bag I have seen. The quality level is exceptional. Extremely well designed, top notch materials, all the right 'extras' and a lot more than you would expect at this price. High quality rubber/plastic feet, super nice straps (two), easy to fasten, durable, and well machined metal clasps, a great pocket with interior storage on the front, nice padded dividers inside, and a very compact, yet highly usable size.

This is not big enough for a DSLR and 2 lenses, flash, and so on, this is more of a compact kit bag, think compact P&S or a mirror-less compact system like the Samsung line (NX300, EX2F, NX1100/1000, etc.) or Olympus E-PM2, or Panasonic LX7 and similar. I'm using mine with the Samsung NX300 and the 18-55mm Zoom. There's just enough room for the camera and kit lens, maybe an extra pancake lens, charger, batteries, cards, and cables. If you want a light, compact kit to go, this is your bag!

The bag is moisture resistant, has a nice pull-over top flap, great zippers with added "tags" to make them easy to find and grasp, very nice fabric, just an excellent bag in every way.

Highly recommended!
on August 23, 2013
First, the quality is outstanding. I expect this bag to last practically forever. Not a big deal, but I prefer bags with one buckle rather than two.

Second, as several have mentioned, the bag appears smaller than I thought it would be. I consider it to be the minimum size I could accept for my Canon 60D. The main compartment barely holds my camera with the attached Canon EF 24-105 mm lens. It's a tight fit at 7 1/2" long, and this is with both Velcro partitions removed. The camera width of 6" is also maxed out. With the camera and lens installed there is little room in that compartment for anything else except the carrying strap. I suppose I could stack small extras on top of the lens, but that would interfere with the removal of the camera from the bag. Although my big Canon lens hood, model EW-83H, could rest on top of the lens, I'll probably leave it home unless I plan on using it constantly. Otherwise it would be a hindrance. Extra lenses? Forget it!

However I am able to carry a 77mm filter and a 60D Pocket Guide in the mesh pocket under the cover. I store a small Canon flash, model 270EX, in the front compartment. I am also able to squeeze a battery charger with the flash there together. My charger is the STK LP-E6 (optional) which is smaller than the 60D OEM Canon charger with its charging lights. And a DC adaptable cable is included. I wouldn't be able to install together the stock Canon charger with the flash there.

In summary, this bag is the minimum size I would accept for my camera and accessories. I have yet to decide whether to move up to a slightly larger bag or not. In any event the quality and design of this bag are excellent. It deserves 5 stars. If you carry only one lens which, when mounted to the camera, measures no more than 7 1/2"L x 6"W, and compactness is important to you, you should consider this bag.

UPDATE:
I've found another way to insert the camera and lens into the case that may be more convenient than the previously listed method (above). Instead of inserting the camera into the case- bottom first, I put one side of the camera down first onto the case base. By doing this the pressure of the 6" wide camera pushing against the sides of the case is eliminated. The width is now situated vertically instead of horizontally, resulting in less effort required to remove the camera from the case than previously. There is even extra room to add a Velcro partition under and in front of the lens to protect it and help keep it level.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse