Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 506 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 546 reviews
on October 16, 2011
I bought this bundle impressed with the value of the contents for the price. Boy was I wrong! I should've bought the camera on its own and the individual pieces locally at a camera accessory store. The T3i and 18-55mm lense are great! The 75-300mm lense is NOT the IS-USM(image stabilized, ultra sonic motor) version. It doesn't have the image stablization which is helpful for a lense with that range. Also the focusing is loud and slow compared to the USM version of the same lense. The extra battery included is an off brand and is super light. Compared to the Canon battery that comes with the camera I doubt this battery weighs 1/3 or performs for very long at all. The SDHC 16gb card that came with the bundle is only a class 2 (the lowest, new cards are class 10), which means transfer from the camera to the card is slow, extremely slowing down the rapid fire/burst function. The 'high speed' card reader is junk. The 1st time I used the reader to transfer images to my computer it corrupted the SD card and gave me a 'card access error.' I lost all my photos! I have since found out I could've taken the card to a local camera shop and they have a rescue program to restore corrupted cards (If I had only known before I accepted the loss of some great photos and formatted the card). The camera bag is decent quality. The tripod is super cheap and low quality. The neck on the tripod will not stay up (no locking feature) and is wobbly. First time using it with a light breeze outside and the tripod nearly blew over with my camera attached! Luckily I caught it.

All in all, I would NOT recommend this package even though I do recommend the camera. I have since had to purchase a new class 10 SDHC card, new HQ tripod, and new high speed card reader.
77 comments| 719 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 11, 2011
I love love love this camera, I am new to the dslr world, so am still finding my way around it, much easier thanks to an app on my iPad! The camera takes amazing pictures, and it feels quite durable as well! The shipping was so fast as well! My recommendation would be to buy the camera alone, rather than this kit, as the kit is very low quality, the bag I got was nothing near what was pictured, it came with 2-8gb sd cards, which are class 3, the cleaning kit was a cloth that looks like a dryer sheet, and a small pack of q-tips. The tripod is ok, but doesnt glide all that well when extending, and seems relatively cheap. It was nice to receive a spare battery, but those are available fairly cheap on amazon, so I would advise against spending any extra money on this kit.
55 comments| 290 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 23, 2012
I purchased this kit as a gift to my wife who has wanted a Canon DSLR for a few years. When the package arrived, the first thing I noticed was the advertised "59 Inch Full Sized Tripod" was actually only 50 inches. Big deal, nine inches right? But the point is, it's not what was advertised, nor what I paid for. Also, the 16GB Vivitar memory card that came as part of the kit was defective. It would not hold a format from neither the camera or nor our home computers. The kit was also missing the advertised "Jumpstart Guide to Digital SLR Cameras".
I contacted the seller, in this case Get It Digital, and left a voice mail to which I never received a call back. I contacted Amazon and their stance was I could only return, not replace. And oh by the way, it could take anywhere from one to three weeks for the money to be returned. I spoke with my wife, who really wanted the camera and was willing to overlook the shorter tripod and missing manual, so I begrudgingly kept the product. Once she used it we found out about the memory card issue. So she bought another memory card from a local retailer and it works fine.

The camera is incredible, takes great pictures and has many features. The reason for my low review is for the kit, which is what's being offered. Just beware and forewarned that you may not receive what you think you are buying.

As a side-note, I left "Seller Feedback" and gave an honest account of my woes. Only then was I contacted via email by the seller who at first wanted to send me all kinds of freebies so long as I deleted my feedback. Once I told them I was standing by my feedback to warn potential consumers of my buying experience and was not looking to gloss over my problems because they sent me some goodies, they became more aggressive and tried to put a spin on it that it was my fault for calling instead of emailing them.

Again, the camera is a quality product that exceeds my expectations. However, the kit was lacking and I would have been better off buying individual components. Maybe it is different from other sellers and I just ran into a dud, but just wanted to share my experience.
22 comments| 202 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 22, 2013
The camera is awesome. I will not go into a review of the camera specifically, as there are plenty of amazon reviews and professional reviews that can talk about how great this camera is much better than I can. DISCLAIMER: I am not a professional photographer. I am just like many of you folks deciding on your first DSLR upgrading from a point and shoot. So take my opinions for what that is worth.

Instead I will be going into some detail about the kit. I bought my kit from Focus Camera. The other sellers may have different kits, I am not sure. All of the items came in their original retail packaging, like I picked them all out at the store myself.

-The main item in the kit is of course the Cannon T3i. It came brand new it its original retail box with all paperwork and accessories. It did not come without a box or just wrapped in plastic like some other reviewers experienced with other sellers. This camera is made in Taiwan.

-The extra lens is an authentic Cannon EF 75-300 f/4-5.6 III and does not have the image stabilization or micro motor. This lens retails by itself for $200 and alone makes this kit a good deal for beginners. Like all the items in the kit, it came in its original retail packaging. It is made in Malaysia.

Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III Telephoto Zoom Lens for Canon SLR Cameras

-The 16 GB memory card is a Sony SF-16NX High Speed class 10 SDHC memory card. It is not a particularly extra fast card, but does meet the class 10 specifications. On the packaging, Sony claims it is recommended for HD video and continuous shooting for DSLR cameras, and I have not run into any issues. Made in Taiwan.

Sony SF16NX/TQM 16GB SDHC Class 10 Memory Card

-The bag is a Vivitar Coco Series Gadget Bag. It has plenty of room for the camera with kit lens attached, 75-300 lens, and extra accessories like the spare battery. There is a well-padded main chamber with adjustable dividers, and three zippered pockets on the sides. I am quite pleased with this bag, and am using it. It is well padded and constructed. It comes with a shoulder strap and a padded handle. The Velcro on the inside could probably be a little better, but the price is sure right. Part # VIV-DC-59 and made in China.

Vivitar Padded SLR Gadget Bag for SLR Cameras - Large

-The tripod is a Vivtar of unknown model. I tried searching for the exact model and could not find it. It appears to be a Vivitar VPT1250 but 9 inches longer and all black. The tripod folds out to be 49", and then gains another 10" from extending the neck all the way up. I found that with the neck extended even a little, the camera became way too wobbly. It feels stable enough at 49". It does not have an accessory/weight hook, and just uses rubber feet, no spikes. The tripod is built extremely cheaply, and I don't know in what country (I assume China). So far it is working fine for me.

Vivitar VPT1250 50-Inch Tripod (Black/Silver)

-The spare battery is a Xit Photo LP-E8 lithium battery. It has a 1750 mAh rated capacity but feels lighter and cheaper than the Cannon 1120 mAh LP-E8 that comes with the camera. I have no doubt the capacity is overstated, but seems to last about the same amount of time as the Cannon battery. Part# XTLPE8 and made in China.

Xit XTLPE8 1750mAh Lithium Ion Replacement Battery for Canon LP-E8 (Grey)

-The lens cleaning kit is a focus camera 5pc kit that comes with a little bottle of fluid, blower brush, lens tissue, soft fiber cloth, and some cotton swabs. It is plenty sufficient to get started. Part# FC-CL5, China.

-The kit includes a DVD, not a book. It is from JumpStart Guides and is 60 minutes long. It is titled "Focus, Digital-SLR photography in a Snap". Same Focus brand as the lens kit. I did not watch it as I purchased the book "Canon EOS T3i/600D From Snapshots to Great Shots" by Jeff Revell and absolutely love it. From Canada

Focus Digital SLR Photography in a Snap Jumpstart Guide DVD

-The wireless remote is a Zeikos ZE-WRC5 remote with no built in flashlight. Small and cheap but works fine. Make sure to turn off auto focus and turn off auto-off to get the remote to work. China

Zeikos ZE-WRC5 Wireless Remote for Canon

-The screen protector is a Zeikos universal screen guard. It comes with three 3"x5" protectors that you have to cut to fit, plus a squeegee card. Works fine, but hard to apply without getting bubbles like most guards . Part# ZE-SG26R, China

Zeikos ZE-SG26 Set of 3 Screen Protectors (3 x 5-Inches)

-The card reader is a Xtreme multi card reader/writer usb 2.0 stick. It has three slots in it and supports SD/SDHC/microSD/MS Pro Duo,M2 cards. Part #32599 made in China

Xtreme 32588 USB Memory Card Reader

-The memory card wallet is a black Vivitar VIV-MW-003 three card wallet made of durable nylon and fake leather. Holds three cards, basic and acceptable. China

-The 6 foot HDMI cable is a mini hdmi to reguluar hdmi cable. Generic of unknown brand, but well made.

This kit is good for beginners. None of it is professional quality but the kit works fine. With the information I have provided, you can now research the individual items to decide if this kit is right for you. Most of the items are sold individually here on amazon, so just copy the name or part number of the item and you can read reviews about them. I am glad I went with the kit as I am a casual user that has no need for the more expensive stuff. I would recommend this to anybody entering the DSLR world. I think the 75-300 lens, which I was going to buy anyway, makes this kit worth it. It is almost like if you bought the 75-300 lens, and then got a whole bunch of cheap but useful free stuff with it.
on March 30, 2014
There are several negative reviews here about the "kit". I am just beginning photography as a hobby, read some reviews on good starting cameras, found my way to the Canon T3i, then my way to Amazon, and eventually this kit... if that sounds like you, then you you are like me, and this review may just be for you.

I think a lot of people are being way too harsh on this kit. I think it is a GREAT kit, and absolutely everything I need to get started. Personally, I don't see me "upgrading" any of these items for quite some time.

-The bag is perfect, with shoulder strap, pockets all around, room to grow into, weather protecting flaps for the pockets (so water doesn't seep into the zipper).
-The tripod is like any other generic tripod I have ever seen, with a nice shoulder-strapped bag. It is 100% capable of holding a camera still for delicate shots with both the lenses that came with it. Are $600 tripods better? sure, but this one is free... not sure why all the hate for it.
-The kit also comes with a Sony (yes Sony) high-speed (40 mb/s, which is fast) SD card... and that is way nicer then I expected. It also comes with a USB to SD-card adapter for your computer, which is pretty useful for quick and easy transferring of photos to your computer.
- The directional DVD is about 1 hour long and offers some great tips for getting started and maintaining the camera.
- Back-up battery is just that... a back-up... it works.
- The camera and both lenses are AMAZING... I just went in my back yard and shot a picture of an un-blossomed flower sprouting and my wife is already asking if we can put it on the wall.
- The cleaning kit comes with enough supply to get started and gave me a good idea of things I will need to "resupply" down the road.
- The remote is the only "cheapy" item in my book, but it does work, and with care won't need to be replaced any time soon.

Overall, there are a lot of negative reviews suggesting you get the camera and lenses, then go buy all these things separately. If you do the math, you are saving hundreds of dollars with this kit... I would recommend buying this kit, then be happy... or if you have that extra hundreds of dollars, then buy more lenses (like the 55mm f/1.8) because this is absolutely a serviceable kit. You get exactly what you think this is.
on April 26, 2013
I've seen a lot of reviews complaining about the quality of the bundled items, but even if you just factor in the cost of buying a zoom lens on top of the standard kit body and lens, you're saving around $50 by buying this bundle. The 70-300mm lens is Canon-branded, and it almost seems heavier than the camera body itself (feels like a quality item).

I received my order less than a week from the date of purchase, which I was happy with. All of the items were packed nicely and worked well out of the box. Not all of the accessories are super great quality, but a lot of it is useful. The SD card is fast, the extra battery is handy, and the tripod is light but sturdy.

There was an issue with the 70-300mm lens, which had a speck of dirt or dust under the front piece of glass. I fired off an email to customer service the evening I received the package, and received a response with a free shipping label by the next afternoon. I sent out the lens last Friday, and received the replacement today. It appears to be defect-free and is working well. I'm still giving a 5-star rating because these sorts of things happen with mass-produced items, and the supplier (Focus Camera) handled it very quick and very well.

I'm not a professional photographer by any means; I'm an avid iPhoneographer, and bought this because I plan on spending the summer in an area where there's no cell phone service. I want to take pictures but it seems dumb to use my phone.

I've only used this camera to take a few pictures so far, but it seems fast and the pictures look good on my computer. Also, it has the same number of megapixels as the brand-new T5i. I know megapixels aren't everything, but I think that if you're looking to get in to SLR photography and don't necessarily need the newest and greatest Canon model, this is a good camera to get without worrying it'll be obsolete any time soon.
on May 1, 2014
I'm writing another review on this product because Amazon will not let me edit my previous review.

When I got my shipment, I noticed that I was missing 4 items (Focus Universal Memory Card Wallet, Focus Pack of LCD Screen Protectors, Focus 5pc Dlx Lens Care & Cleaning Kit and the Free 25 Quality Prints. I contacted Amazon regarding these missing items and was told although this kit was put together and sent by Amazon, they were out of stock and that they could not send me a replacement kit. I asked if they could simply send me the four missing items instead of replacing the entire kit and I was told they can't do that. I was disappointed because I absolutely love the camera and wanted to keep it. I finally contacted Focus Camera and explained the situation, that I didn't want my money back or have to return the camera, I just wanted the four missing items that I paid for. The Focus Camera rep I dealt with assured me she understood my situation and told me they wanted to work with me to remedy the situation. The rep. offered to ship me the four missing items with no strings attached. I got my shipment two days after it was shipped out. They even provided me with tracking info so I can follow up. Like I said, I absolutely love this camera but after this incident, I absolutely appreciated the level of customer service I had with Focus Camera. I will definitely purchase future camera/camera kit(s) from them. I highly recommend them to anyone looking to purchase a camera or camera kit.
on January 24, 2014
I was a little hesitant to pick this up based on some reviews, but decided to pull the trigger on it so I didn't have to piece together my own package.
I was very impressed upon opening the box. Some of the items seem like they're bought off an eBay store from China, but a package like this it's almost expected.
But, if you're looking at this package, you're more than likely just starting out, and just want something to get your started in DSLR photography. Still, I highly recommend this!!
It gives you what you need to get started, including an extra lens. This will let you get started messing around with settings, taking pics, etc., without making too big of an investment.
After you've been taking pics for a while, you'll be able to pick and choose what accessories you'll need to upgrade, and what else you'll need to order.
I should review the camera on its own page, but I'll just say this: The T3i is a VERY good starter camera. Easy to use controls. Don't be scared of all the settings, it's digital so you wont waste any film by messing around and trying different things!

Overall, highly recommended for someone just starting in photography.
on July 11, 2013
I am writing this review here because I can get NO response from Amazon on my purchase from them, in conjunction with Beach Camera. I have sent 2 emails directly to Amazon specifically about this purchase with no answers whatsoever. I did not receive all the merchandise that was part of this bundle I paid for. The purchase came all in one box, was missing 1 16 GB SDHC Secure Digital card, the DVD Guide to Digital SLR cameras, nothing about the Bonus 256 quality prints, and the camera bag was not the same as described in the bundle/package deal. Be very wary of purchasing from Beach Camera and getting any satisfaction from Amazon regarding your purchase or any problems. They still have not answered my mail after two attempts on 7/1/2013 and 7/2/2013.
I will not rate the Canon camera at this point.
on April 30, 2013
Well it arrived to day I just got my Camera and everything that was advertised with it. I've always been a point and shoot camera person, so you can probably imagine the over whelming feeling when I pulled that T3i out of the box and saw all those buttons. This is my first camera that I can control the lens on so I'm looking forward to lots of fun and a new learning experience. I read a lot of the reviews while I was waiting for my package to arrive. After a bout the fifth one. I began to see a lot of the same thing. I'd like to address some of those.
First of in a package like this one people don't realize that in reality the 11 pc bundle is not going to be something to write home to mother about and knit picking it apart only makes you look confused. I mean think about it what did you buy the camera or the 11 pc bundle.That bundle is a beginners bundle to get you started. and while I will admit that the tripod is made of plastic and not very well it does have something that I've only seen on the more expensive tripods and that it the quick release mount on the top. and so what if the 16 gig card isn't top of the line or the cleaning kit has q-tips with it. big whoop, I'm still trying to figure out what that TV/flashlight is for..lol
every body complained about the fact that the gadget bag was poorly made.well I looked the one over that cam with mine and its not the greatest bag but it holds all my gear and than some. and yes at a later date i will be buying a canon bag. I mean common now its a canon camera so I thing putting it in the proper bag would only be fair.
I've taken several photos with it already. nothing I want to share just test photo to see what they will look like and try out the play back feature on the camera. tomorrow I put my T3i to the real test sun up to sun down and a whole lot of shooting in between. In all honesty I feel I got what I paid for. My biggest complaint would have to go to Fedex the people that handled the shipping. They left the box everything came in right on the door so that when I opened the door I knocked the box over on the porch. they didn't knock, ring the bell or acknowledge they had even been there. I live in an apartment building on the first floor. is it really that hard to remember to knock on a door?