Truck Reviews HPC Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

I was hesitant to purchase this bag even after I saw it in the store. I was afraid that it wouldn't be large enough to hold all of the equipment that I needed to carry but I purchased it anyway. I am really glad that I did as it is the perfect size for what I wanted and I was so happy I made a video to show you how I loaded it up with my camera and lenses. The bag is made of rugged and durable nylon that is water repellent and it has an overlapping weather type lid that seals on the sides with Velcro. The lid over lapping sides of the bag makes the water run off the lid and off the bag instead of into the bag through a zipper.

The bag is very versatile and in my case I have stored a Canon 7D , a 50mm lens, a 28-135mm lens, a 70-300mm lens, three large lens hoods and quite a few other accessories and I still have room for the future. Several of the storage areas have zippered net pockets in them to hold memory sticks and other accessories. There is a lot of storage on the ends of the bag as well as on the front and in the lid.

The bag is extremely well made and all of the hardware is robust and made to last. You will notice the difference in the quality of the bag as soon as you see it. The bag is well padded and there was even enough room for me to be able to put my lenses into 3mm neoprene lens bags and still have them fit into the bag with double padding and protection. The bag comes with a nice padded carrying strap that is comfortable and very well made. The latching hardware is strong and rugged. There is a dual carrying handle on top that has its straps stitched in multiple places to make it is securely attached to the top of the bag.

I am extremely happy with the bag and I recommend it to you as a very good buy. I got a great deal on mine and I couldn't pass up buying it. I am glad that I did!
215 people found this helpful
|1818 comments|Report abuse
I first bought this bag to hold my Canon EOS 5D Mark III, lenses, flash and accessories. I ripped out the repositionable Velcro dividers and configured it to have the camera with battery grip and 24-105mm lens in the bag, ready to shoot along with a 70-200mm telephoto, flash and portrait lenses. There are side pockets for several sets of batteries and chargers, a zippered mesh pocket for memory and filters, a generous front pocket for filters, hoods and cable. Yeah...it weighs quite a bit and sags a little but nicely conceals all of what I have inside. I've also found the bag to be great for video cameras and other equipment. The Cordura fabric is still in great shape after years of not-so-careful use. Just for reference, this 200DG bag is 50% bigger than the Canon 300DG bag.
3 people found this helpful
on December 7, 2013
This bag is as sturdy as claimed.
Sadly, the 5 zippers are very delicate.
The front one is sewn incorrectly, so that it causes a bind. Also, threads and loose material were left in that area, and they caught in the zip on the first use. I was able to trim them off.
There is one slide rather than two, so when it fails to get past a corner, the whole bag will be lost. The side compartments have similar problems with binding at the corners.

The main compartment can not fail in this manner, as it closes with sturdy plastic and metal fasteners [and velcro!].

update:

After some months, no zipper has entirely failed yet. I really love this bag, as it carries well, and allows instant use of many lenses and accessories without setting it down. I got it for using a variety of Series 1 and Nikkor AIS lenses with a V1 camera, and it is just perfect for that. My longest lenses [ the 75 - 150 f3.5, and the 200 mm f4 ] can fit in, even with the lens hoods in place. The body can be left on either lens, due to the nice, domed lid. Sadly both of the plastic buckles that hold it closed have failed. they pull open when loaded with the slightest force. So, if you lift the bad by the top handle, the bag will open, and let the camera equipment onto the ground. This is a show stopper. it was clever of the makers to try metal female buckles and plastic male buckles. But the experiment is a failure.

Perhaps, I expect too much from manufacturers and camera stores. We require super cheap awesome goods to be produced by methods that border on slave labor. Can I expect such workers to sew each bag to perfection, or a camera store to try every zipper on each bag that they ship? I have updated this review to reflect my longer term satisfaction, and to downplay my initial chagrin at the tiny zippers and poor sewing.
4 people found this helpful
on June 7, 2015
There are larger Canon bags, but this is the largest one I've ever purchased. It's roomy, extremely sturdily constructed, and versatile. The metal strap anchors on the front can clink a little, but they're stronger than the standard plastic ones. It has two side pouches, a front flat zipper pouch whose top is covered by the overlapping top flap, a mesh compartment inside the top flap, and several inside compartments that can be resized or shaped by moving the velcro dividers. I carry a Canon T6s, an extra zoom lens, a pancake lens, an extra compact Canon G16 camera and batteries in their own carrying case, an iPad Mini, plus extra batteries, memory cards, manuals, cables, and other accessories without stuffing the bag, yet the bag is sized and shaped so it's easy to carry.

The only thing I wish it had is a zipper compartment in the back for carrying flat paper items. My previous Canon case had one.

Shipping was extremely quick, and packaging was perfect.
2 people found this helpful
on July 20, 2012
Having just purchased a Canon EOS 7D Camera, I wanted to purchase the perfect accessory bag to go with it. While browsing the camera bag selections at both Ritz Camera and at my local Best Buy, I stumbled upon this particular bag. At both of those stores, however, this bag retailed for $59. Fortunately, I had my phone with me and pulled up the Amazon app with which I found the exact same bag for $39. As an Amazon Prime member, I also received free 2-day shipping, which both enabled me to not only shave $20 off the retail price, but also shave off any associated shipping charges and sales tax.

All that aside, this is a GREAT bag with multiple compartments on the sides, a mesh zipper pouch along the underside of the top cover when opened, and multiple, extremely sturdy velcro spacers within the bag itself to both section off and protect your camera body, lenses, and lens hoods. I was able to fit 3 lenses, two lens hoods, and camera body in that area alone. Within the mesh pouch, I placed my extra lens caps, camera manual, cleaning brush, cleaning cloth, and memory cards. In addition to the space, the bag also comes with an optional/removable strap that enables you to wrap the bag over your shoulders during transport. Yet another unspoken feature is the bottom of the bag that gives it a slight elevation from the floor to protect the underside. If you are looking for the perfect bag, then look no further.
7 people found this helpful
on May 30, 2014
This is a phenomenal bag. I'm able to fit a body, 4 lenses, and a speedlite in the main compartment. I'd also like to say that I even added 1.5" foam to the bottom of each slot (not because I thought it needed more, but because I just like more than enough protection for life's little mishaps). With that said, I still had more than enough clearance space between the lenses and the top of the bag. Yes it IS bulky because of the rectangular design, it's not a backpack, but it's perfect for storage, transportation, and on site convenience. Sure, that Canon logo in the front is flashy, but so is that Canon 5D Mark III with the white L series lens you're holding. Buy it and be happy.
review image
6 people found this helpful
on February 18, 2013
With literally dozens of camera bags out there to choose from, which one is best for your expensive DSLR/SLT type camera and accessories to meet your needs, desires, and cost value? As someone who has numerous cameras, accessories, and camera bags, this particular make and model product - in my own opinion - provides everything one would need. In particular, it has:

1. Thick padding for serious protection on "all" surfaces (top, bottom, sides).
2. Large zippered side pockets
3. Inner Top and Frontal zippered large sub-pockets with solid surface backed netting
4. Numerous "inserts" for interior configuration as you desire
5. Solid metal frontal straps snap closures
6. The shoulder strap is nicely padded, heavy duty, and its fasteners are 360 degree rotatable solid metal snaps
7. Under straps underneath for carrying a tripod

This is my third (3rd.) unit of this model that has joined my other camera bags, and is unquestionably the best value of high end camera/gadget bags I've encountered. The backpack type products have their place also - and I utilize those too - but for me this Model 200 Deluxe Gadget Bag provides all the protection needed for my expensive equipment. It says Canon on the logo, but other brands of DSLR/SLT cameras will be found in my bags as well. Highly recommended. I hope this review helps others looking for a quality camera/gadget bag, at a great price, amongst the dozens out there.
One person found this helpful
on February 9, 2015
I purchased this bag when I purchased my first new DSLR Canon 50D camera. That was probably 7 or more years ago and this bag has travelled everywhere with me. Not one scratch, rip or tear to speak of. And it houses my gear adequately. It's cool that you can reconfigure compartments with the velcro-edged padded walls. Very handy.

I'm no full time photographer, but I have some UV filters, a small tripod, a zoom lens and a telezoom lens as well as two dust filters in the bag all snugly in their own compartments. On the sides, I keep cords and chargers and cloths and stuff. On the large flap under the cover, I keep pens, markers, and business cards. I even have the manual in there somehow. It's sturdy and claims to be waterproof, though it is certainly not watertight, so don't go swimming with it. I would have given it 5 stars if the metal buckles didn't hurt the sides of my fingers when I depress the hard plastic buckles, but that's minor. Could only have liked this case more if it was leather.
on July 16, 2013
I tried several bags before deciding this was the one. It is sturdy but not overly heavy. It is stylish. I like the metal closures, the small rubber feet to keep it from sitting directly on the ground, the weather flap lid and the easy access to the 2 side pockets. The other bag I tried was difficult to get into the side pockets. I also believe it will be easy to change lenses and keep the lenses and body protected while I do it with this bag. The capacity is amazing and for our upcoming trip I finally fell like I can easily carry all the lenses, etc I want and do it in an organized fashion and with everything well protected.
Breakdown of what I carry and where:
Main compartment: Divided into 6 compartments - Canon T3i body with 18 - 55 mm lens attached and camera strap; Canon 55 - 250 mm telephoto lens with bayonet hood; Canon 50 mm Prime lens and Vivitar 0.43x Wide Angle/Macro lens; Battery Grip; Hoodman Loop; Canon S-90 Point and Shoot Camera
Lid Zippered Mesh compartment: Lens cleaner, lens cleaning clothes, room for manual or guides if needed
Front Zipper Pouch: Double compartment zip pouch - Extra SD cards; extra batteries for both camera ( room to spare)
2 pockets and pens holders: Note Book; 2 pens; mini tripod ( room to spare)
Side pockets: Filter wallet in one; Wide angle hood and Rubber extension hood in 2nd
I don't often carry my large tripod but it does fit into the loops securely.
My husband, the one who will be carrying the bag, was very impressed with how light it felt even full loaded.
IF you carry a lot of lenses and equipment this is a very versatile bag, allowing you to configure it as you need it. I think this is a great bag and would give it more than a 5 if I could
on May 20, 2012
For the price this is about as good as it gets, and I've burned through a number of consumer level camera bags to get to the right one. Clearly designed for the DSLR owner, packing at least an extra lens (or two, or three), I have to say I'm impressed. There are more than enough interior compartments to keep spare batteries and memory cards organized and the velcro dividers do a reasonable job of adding flexibility to camera body and lense arrangements. Construction is pretty sturdy and particularly where it counts in the clasps and straps. The stitching may be a weak point as I'm seeing some dangling ends, but only time will tell how those hold up.

For less than $50 this is a 5* bag easy. On those terms a definite recommend.

With that in mind, both Canon and Nikon get a bit carried away with the branding of bags, straps, etc. While traveling who wants to advertise they're hauling around expensive camera gear? Chrome connections look cheap to me, but that is a function of style not durability.

I think Canon has been making this bag for years so if I had any recommendation it would be to upgrade some of the style and aesthetics. Increase the quality one notch to be consistent with the quality of the gear inside. I suspect they could do all this and still be at a price considerably less than the pro-level bags at $200-$500.

EDIT on 2.15.15: 3 years after the original review and this is still my Go To bag. For the price you really can't go wrong. Bumping to 5*.
2 people found this helpful
|33 comments|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.